It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borders are they coming back ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I tend to get annoyed at boarders. They come in and they never leave. Although if you charge them enough rent it's not so bad.

I wonder if anyone has really hated them after getting them and asked for them to be removed? Ive seen people in the UK turn down knighthoods.

edit on 1-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's not a question of attention

Most new members don't even notice the borders

It's a question of effort rewarded .................... a personal
and and an
to fellow members that helped others along the way.

Just my opinion

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, considering we're talking about two different types, I'm sure that someone has asked for boarders to be removed.

Border is what they were talking about, and boarder (which is probably how they spell it in other funny foreign countries) is a renter.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Boarder:

One who boards, especially:

a. One who pays a stipulated sum in return for regular meals or for meals and lodging.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Versus

Border:

1. A part that forms the outer edge of something.
2. A decorative strip around the edge of something, such as fabric.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

ah hah..a spelling nazi. Fitting avatar lol

Yes im about as dyslexic as they come. It took me 3 attempts to spell "dyslexic"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am not Sydlexic! Dog told me to do it!

Sorry, I couldn't resist on the boarders. They did that on a sign at a pizza place I worked at, I got a laugh out of that one too.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by seabag

ah hah..a spelling nazi. Fitting avatar lol

Yes im about as dyslexic as they come. It took me 3 attempts to spell "dyslexic"

I wasn't the one who mentioned it!

I was explaining what he meant since you didn't catch it.

No worries!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

lol no problems, theres worse things to be bad than spelling im sure

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No worries!

I know , i just couldn't resist that one

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by seabag

No worries!

I know , i just couldn't resist that one

I don't mind. He looks guilty, doesn't he?

After all, I'm sure I can find a way to blame Obama for this border-theft on ATS if I dig around enough.

I might drop him a line and vow to support his immigration bill as long as he helps secure MY border on ATS?

edit on 1-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah Akragon, I'd have to agree with you on that. Slayer69 deserves some sort of Special Recognition for the quality of the threads he starts and he sticks around and replies to comments and questions about his threads, none of this hit and run stuff. A Real ATS Scholar !
Namaste
Arjunanda

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Borders are needed to be able to see who the rabble are. The disenfranchised and marginalized, "people like you" those pencil neck

slackers don't deserve any nice things. If anything they should be chided and prodded until they shape up and contribute something relevant, often, and gather a crew to give them as many "atta boys" as possible. That's the way it works in corporatedom and that's the way is should work here. When ever I see a gold border It"s star and flag time for that worthwhile individual that has proven themselves. I salute you gold border man!!!! Silver man, get to work. We know you can do it with just a few more post ragging on Obama, trashing Miley Siris or parhaps a pro 2nd amendment fest, antidebunking moon hoax, or how to bottle pedo's in a plastic bottle for later use as fuel.

I think it would be cool to have a more colorful and animated border to help facilitate skipping the drivel that the unbordered "contributors" clog up the threads with..../satire

If there are going to be borders and recognition for contributing members; add a little glitter and serpentine lines for some pazazz.

edit on 1-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Borders are needed to be able to see who the rabble are. The disenfranchised and marginalized, "people like you" those pencil neck slackers don't deserve any nice things. If anything they should be chided and prodded until they shape up and contribute something relevant, often, and gather a crew to give them as many "atta boys" as possible. That's the way it works in corporatedom and that's the way is should work here. When ever I see a gold border It"s star and flag time for that worthwhile individual that has proven themselves. I salute you gold border man!!!! Silver man, get to work. We know you can do it with just a few more post ragging on Obama, trashing Miley Siris or parhaps a pro 2nd amendment fest, antidebunking moon hoax, or how to bottle pedo's in a plastic bottle for later use as fuel.

I think it would be cool to have a more colorful and animated border to help facilitate skipping the drivel that the unbordered "contributors" clog up the threads with..../satire

If there are going to be borders and recognition for contributing members; add a little glitter and serpentine lines for some pazazz.

When you start something and fall short, or it takes MUCH longer than expected, it’s easy to get discouraged.

I feel for you!!

I bet if you had some material people gave a crap about and you were recognized for your efforts you’d think differently….but you’ll never find out.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I say do away with everything but post count and join date.

Bunch of border Divas in hurr.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I say do away with everything but post count and join date.

Bunch of border Divas in hurr.

Ya, it wouldn't matter.

I'd still win....every time.

It's just nice to shine gold while you do it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by cody599

I knew someone would bring this up.

I mean seriously no offense it's just an internet forum. Do you really need a pat on the back or a gold star for contributing? I never saw those borders as an indication of good contributors.

I bet your tune would change if, instead of a gold border, the award was a pair of Manolo Blahniks!

Harte

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just keep waiting to unlock this bad boy

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I want to be a "Inane, nonsensical contributor!"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I want to be a "Inane, nonsensical contributor!"

Well....you are.

You've just contributed so damn much that you've been acknowledged.

I'm done here. I've said my piece with regard to this topic. Thanks, ATS PTB, for your consideration.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

THX for your helpful replies, Cody.

The one thread is closed for comments.

I did find the current one, thankfully.

I do hope the page numbers, particularly the last current one, are listed in the RECENT, HOT, NEW listings.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join