It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borders are they coming back ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh, I'm sure I could have kicked his ass but not being "macho". I just have another 600 coworkers. 2/3 of them correctional officers.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

if that failed, you could try a dance off. Use those moves your avatar is doing and you're sure to win

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

if that failed, you could try a dance off. Use those moves your avatar is doing and you're sure to win

He ain't dancing dude. He's complaining about the hemorrhoids.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Like this ?
*Warning explicit language*

I'll let myself out

Cody

ETA explicit language
edit on 1/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

more like

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think its funny that on a site that mostly complains about 'the elite' of the world everyone's worried about their colored boarders that makes them seem special lol

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I agree with what was said on another thread. Some members put in a lot of time and effort here, and have been here a long time. They deserve to be recognized for that effort.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

YOU'RE a towel.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I agree with what was said on another thread. Some members put in a lot of time and effort here, and have been here a long time. They deserve to be recognized for that effort.

The post, stars and flags count on the avatar shows how much effort a person has put in.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I think its funny that on a site that mostly complains about 'the elite' of the world everyone's worried about their colored boarders that makes them seem special lol

Don't hate!

It is funny though! I'm the first to admit I'm pouting like a girl. I like my shiny stuff, dude!

[edit to add] And I am elite!

edit on 1-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Not that i seriously care, other than I play little games to entertain myself. Over the last week I notced I was close to being in the top 50. Right now I am 1 single WATS point away from tying RisingAgainst for #50, and getting the gold border.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

At one point in time the borders also had to do with WATS scores, which meant it was more than just a popularity contest. I know some posters that post great threads, that I love to read, with very few stars and flags.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Not that i seriously care, other than I play little games to entertain myself. Over the last week I notced I was close to being in the top 50. Right now I am 1 single WATS point away from tying RisingAgainst for #50, and getting the gold border.

Awesome! Well.....it would have been.

It does matter....you paid your dues to get there and should be recognized.

It's a shame TPTB don't see it that way (so it would seem). We'll see what they do moving forward I guess.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree with you 100%

People needing attention off of an internet forum is borderline mental.
If people troll a few threads a day for a few months for no other reason then gaining status,than its not about quality its about attention.
For awhile,I was worried Warjohn might get gold status for posting thread after thread of garbage.

Thats the problem right there.
Too many people seek attention instead of posting quality.

The borders and WATS is why I don't bother contributing threads....the last thing I want is my name up there.

The attention seekers is why I want the ignore button back as do alot of people.
Denying ignorance is one thing,denying idiots is a whole other can of worms.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Awesome! Well.....it would have been.

It does matter....you paid your dues to get there and should be recognized.

It's a shame TPTB don't see it that way (so it would seem). We'll see what they do moving forward I guess.

I hear that when I do get the gold border, i get my 72 virgins. I just hope they aren't like this one:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, no one ever said they were FEMALE virgins, now did they?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Don't hate!

It is funny though! I'm the first to admit I'm pouting like a girl. I like my shiny stuff, dude!

[edit to add] And I am elite!

edit on 1-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

lol dont get me wrong i dont hate the boarders...was just pointing out something that i noticed

Its all good

edit on 1-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree with you 100%

People needing attention off of an internet forum is borderline mental.
If people troll a few threads a day for a few months for no other reason then gaining status,than its not about quality its about attention.
For awhile,I was worried Warjohn might get gold status for posting thread after thread of garbage.

Thats the problem right there.
Too many people seek attention instead of posting quality.

The borders and WATS is why I don't bother contributing threads....the last thing I want is my name up there.

The attention seekers is why I want the ignore button back as do alot of people.
Denying ignorance is one thing,denying idiots is a whole other can of worms.

Well, if someone was coming here just for trinkets that would be a bit sad, I agree. If you’re posting garbage just to build stats then you need a life. Those people usually weed themselves out by fighting with mods and being obnoxious. I could name a few names but there’s no need…

There is a difference between being an attention whore and simply wanting to be recognized for your contributions. At work I recognize people for their efforts….even those who don’t seek attention enjoy the pat on the back for their efforts.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I tend to get annoyed at boarders. They come in and they never leave. Although if you charge them enough rent it's not so bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join