It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borders are they coming back ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hi guys

I was just wandering if the silver and gold borders are coming back ?
If not will there be some way to differentiate more experienced contributors at a glance ?

Not that I have one yet, but I was looking to earning a silver border

Cody

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Gold/silver borders were nice, but not necessary. But how is ATS going to differentiate? If at all, and if not at all then why does posts/flags/Karma/WATS need to be see at all?

*bravo* Cody!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
no, the borders are wide open.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alpha888
no, the borders are wide open.

Then I'm crossing the border for some free medical! Yo hablo englais?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
open one way facing in... try getting back out across the border....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by cody599

Gold/silver borders were nice, but not necessary. But how is ATS going to differentiate? If at all, and if not at all then why does posts/flags/Karma/WATS need to be see at all?

*bravo* Cody!

Thanks beez

It was nice to have something to strive towards, for us lesser mortals

Seriously though they were a great instantly recognisable sign of a more experienced contributor

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

IF THERE'S A FEEDBACK THREAD ON THE NEW 53 VERSION, I DON'T SEE IT LISTED sooooo . . .

Two items:

1. In the listing of threads e.g. in RECENT . . . there's no list of page numbers with the last page listed for easy clicking to the last page. VERY ANNOYING.

2. On this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was trying to read a post . . . and the lower half of the screen was black, obscuring the last half of the post. I scrolled to try and get it to appear . . . the WHOLE post went black as I scrolled.

THX for all y'all do.

blessings,

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It was nice to have something to strive towards,

I agree with this...

I'd actually like to see more of them... Like bronze, platinum... diamond?

Or maybe a badge of some sort...

And a special one for Mr Slayer69

edit on 1-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

There is this thread Beta test thread

Or this forum is still there Board business and questions

Hope that helped

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

1. In the listing of threads e.g. in RECENT . . . there's no list of page numbers with the last page listed for easy clicking to the last page. VERY ANNOYING.

I still have page numbers in 53 I think part of the point is to encourage us to read the whole thread and just go wading in, I'd personally consider that an improvement

That thread you posted a link to only has 9 replies so is still on page one
Typically there are 20 posts to a page

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I couldn't agree more Akragon

Let's hope TPTB (how ironic is that) of ATS read this and take it under consideration

Cody

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There was a similar topic posted after this thread. It got some traction, and 2^10 mentioned SO's statement that he would have something to replace them.

the obvious idea is to drive quality contributions via a nonmonetary reward system (like video games). It works, and I expect an iteration will be rolled out.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Im still trying to figure out how to spend my ATS points...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I knew someone would bring this up.

I mean seriously no offense it's just an internet forum. Do you really need a pat on the back or a gold star for contributing? I never saw those borders as an indication of good contributors. Some of the top gold members posted the most ridiculous threads and only posted over and over to get said gold bar.

It should be about content not the status of the member.

Some of my favorite members did not have a status bar. They post because they enjoy it and want to share topics not because they want to be on some list.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

TO be fair, while some do not see the value, it is human psychology. Its what humans do.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by mblahnikluver

TO be fair, while some do not see the value, it is human psychology. Its what humans do.

Oh I see the psychology part of it. I just don't understand why grown adults can't just post on a forum and enjoy it without worrying about being in some status club. One should want to post to share information not to become part of the "club." I did that as a child, not an adult.

I know I'm one of the few who feels this way. I just think there are those who weren't in the club that posted amazing threads but because they didn't spend every waking moment on here they didn't get that bar. I never looked at those status bars as a measure for a good contributor. I go by the content of a thread not how many threads they can post in a day or week.

I'm sure there will be some new status bar or badge. For those who want it then great but I will never really understand the need to have it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was gold, now I'm silver and, soon, if my wishes come true, I'll be borderless, just like the 99.9%.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I was gold, now I'm silver and, soon, if my wishes come true, I'll be borderless, just like the 99.9%.

Losing my gold border will be like Samson losing his hair!!

All of my special powers and enlightenment will disappear.

Seriously though, I don’t think it’s asking too much to want to be recognized for your contribution considering this is a site that’s content is generated by its members. Be honest….some people generate a lot more content than others.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see a lot of boarders in this thread...

coincidence?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I see a lot of boarders in this thread...

coincidence?

Exactly!

I'll be the first to admit that I'll be a little butt hurt if/when it goes away. I'm sick of today's culture where either everyone gets a trophy or nobody does.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join