It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria : CNN Yet Again Start Deleting Top Rated Comments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is the result of media consolidation. When a handful of people own/control so much of the TV-Radio-Press and now internet it is easy to limit what people get for news. In spite of the oft repeated criticisms of the "liberal media" and "lame -stream-media" it is just a facade to make it easy to get away with not reporting/under reporting major news. There is almost no investigative reporting nowadays. There is almost no reporting of corporate wrongdoing (pollution, tax dodging etc)... the guys who own/control the media would prefer you don't think about certain things.

So that being said it is now more clear than ever how "big media" is 100% behind the agenda to topple Assad. This morning every news station is cranked up about Syria... not a word about possibility (probability of a false flag, who benefits)... they are all on the same page... no critical thinking anywhere.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well the opinion of most newspaper editors is that comments are worthless and ignorant. I read a section in our newspaper recently about this "problem". He reported a sports news writer quit his job over the comments. He noted that online comments were even worse than those received at their offices.

The odd thing is, the newspaper editor rants about how bad republicans are and has his/her own idealogical agenda even though he stridently denies it. It's a shame.

I'll admit comment sections in newspapers and online can be lowbrowed or racist or ineffectual or irrelevant or vicious or deceptive or in error or you-name-it. That's just a factor of the nature of forums. People in forums tend to be more impulsive and speak their mind without fact checking everything.

One of the issues I have with media is it oftentimes HAS to fit the propaganda being fed to us from above. People are afraid of not just losing their pride but their job. The burden of everybody knowing who you're and what you're saying actually KILLS freedom to speak your mind. This is why the media can't be trusted. And I can't believe the US only speaks the truth. We, like all other countries, have propaganda. In fact, I think the internet offers a way to counter this shortcoming, even though it's scorned by some.
edit on 1-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
CNN, MSNBC, etc... Mostly all main stream media is controlled propaganda. I also think Youtube and Yahoo censor and manipulate view counts, thumbs ups, and delete material as well. Pro fake liberal, pro big government, anti American, anti Christian.

I once posted a question on Yahoo Answers saying "Do you think we should all read the Declaration of Independence today?" It was the 4th of July, and it got removed. Or if you ask a question that is anti-Obama, it tends to get removed as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I used to post on yahoo and they never showed up in the beginning. All you would see there were mainstream IGNORANT posts for the most part. To be sure there was nothing wrong with my internet connection or with yahoo servers I would do a "Test 1, 2, 3" post and SURE ENOUGH it showed up.

Guess what? I hammered my opinions in right after the test post. And I would do a copy-paste to repeat after each 5 minutes or so just to get more views. There would be some really hateful comments made to me, as well as "you are so right about everything".

I could never believe how LOW yahoo stooped, but nothing suprises me anymore.

There was no cursing or racism involved either.
edit on 1/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is not newsworthy except to point out that they do this again and again.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Besides the fact that Anderson Cooper is a CIA shill (was previously employed as an intern at CIA), I think it's pretty much accepted that CNN is part of the disinformation machine. One thing that struck me recently, and is confirmation of the same is the stance that Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently took a 180 on regarding marijuana use and all of the sudden *bing* Holder wants to decriminalize it. Wonder if it's not just a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

I'm in no way surprised that the Corporate Clown Network heavily censors/redacts its comments; what surprises me is that anybody goes to their site in the first place. The CNN 'news' broadcasts are so inane, repetitive and clearly meant to provide the establishment 'wisdom' on any news story, that I can't stand to watch them.

Stop watching the station, folks, and stop going to the webpage as well. Check out more independent and better news sites and comment there; give them the ad clicks instead, not CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join