It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria : CNN Yet Again Start Deleting Top Rated Comments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yet again CNN start censoring comments on their website by deleting top rated comments.

According to one CNN reader, "Warning! The Communist News Network is deleting popular comments again. (Well popular with readers, but not popular with their state run agenda) ."

Screenshot : 1.bp.blogspot.com...

CNN Direct Link : edition.cnn.com...

In past CNN Anderson Cooper caught Red Handed, while staging fake Syria News

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Other readers too commented :

"They deleted the top comment from the military vet who objected to bombing Syria! Over 1200 likes the last time I looked, and it's just GONE. I cannot believe I am watching the propaganda machine, right in front of my face. Insane."

"CNN sucks worst than Miley's performance. You deleted many legit comments. Closed threads on hot topics. Thumbs down on CNN! CNN are clowns.C N N = Clown News Network"

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

The comments run by Disqus on CNN which is slowly taking over the feedback
in a lot of sites.

Here a thread on ATS about it.

DISQUS is Censoring Posts

And found this as well.

Impermium's new service goes even further: The company claims to have developed a technology to “identify not only spam and malicious links, but all kinds of harmful content—such as violence, racism, flagrant profanity, and hate speech—and allows site owners to act on it in real-time, before it reaches readers.” It says it has 300,000 websites as clients (which is not all that surprising, if it's incorporated into widely used third-party tools like Disqus). As far as intermediaries go, this sounds very impressive: a single Californian company making decisions over what counts as hate speech and profanity for some of the world's most popular sites without anyone ever examining whether its own algorithms might be biased or excessively conservative.

Muzzled by the Bots

And this bit intresting look who owns Impermium.

Sameer Bhalotra Sameer is COO of Impermium.

Previously he served as White House Senior Director for Cybersecurity where he presented strategic options to the President regarding the nation's top priority cybersecurity initiatives

Impermium

At first i thought it might be a bad algorithm but with White House people involved
that makes me go hummm.
edit on 31/8/2013 by skuly because: adding

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Doesn't surprise me at all. Our media has become a spokesperson for our government. They're easily persuaded to push the governments agenda. I've lost all faith with our media. They're bias and afraid to question government policy. The free press is no longer, and they're not protecting the public from a government who no longer has checks and balances on the presidency.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is wet dream of censors. Problem with internet discussions solved: post is trashed before it reaches even one person from potential audience with no need of expensive and slow moderators. If this technology will prevail we should return to chalk and spray

BTW I was really surprised that almost all posts under propaganda piece in Czech Rep. most visited news site idnes.cz regarding Syria were sane in sense of common sense. It is encouraging that usually sheeplish discussants react with big disgrace to such blatant propaganda piece. I'm afraid that idnes.cz is contacting sales representative of that drone censor company just now.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanAmosComenius
This is wet dream of censors. Problem with internet discussions solved: post is trashed before it reaches even one person from potential audience with no need of expensive and slow moderators. If this technology will prevail we should return to chalk and spray

BTW I was really surprised that almost all posts under propaganda piece in Czech Rep. most visited news site idnes.cz regarding Syria were sane in sense of common sense. It is encouraging that usually sheeplish discussants react with big disgrace to such blatant propaganda piece. I'm afraid that idnes.cz is contacting sales representative of that drone censor company just now.

Recently Reddit also start censoring RT news articles as well :/

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
cnn = propaganda

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
.c'mon....there is censorship here on ATS....and let's not forget "commenters" can lie, too. CNN owns their site, just like FOX news owns their site, just like RT news, and just like Al Jazeera....they all could lie, especially if the majority of their audience would trust what they say, and not double check the source.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
.c'mon....there is censorship here on ATS....and let's not forget "commenters" can lie, too. CNN owns their site, just like FOX news owns their site, just like RT news, and just like Al Jazeera....they all could lie, especially if the majority of their audience would trust what they say, and not double check the source.

Are you trying to justify their crime against free speech ?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

.c'mon....there is censorship here on ATS.....

I dunno. There are terms and conditions that must be met. I don't know if that is 'censorship' or not. I kinda don't think so. It's a free for all here ... far left, far right, in the middle, religious, athiest, etc etc. I'm pretty sure all opinions are welcome as long as they aren't mindless hate that breaks T&C.

CNN just deletes opinions that run counter to their agenda. That's censorship for sure ...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A little off topic, but funny that CNN and FOX are both pushing the same agenda this time. Not that they don't in more subtle ways all the time, but this is in your face.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I wonder what those comments said before being deleted?

It's funny to see some of the top rated comments now, of course they're talking about pop stars...

Should U.S. NOT go to war? NOT attack Syria?
Instead round Miley Cyrus & the Biebs and air drop them to the Syrian people.

Yes ↑ No: ↓
313 10

Can we drop the Kardashians on Syria, too?
131 2

Hopefully the drop includes Lamar Odom and Kanye.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

CNN is still on the air?

/who knew

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
All hail CNN, protecting us from ignorant people with different opinions!

I bet Joseph Goebbels wouldve loved to be CEO at CNN for a day.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The difference is administration agenda. The general public that also follows news from CNN and other news outlets, due to trust in the sources, time constrictions, etc., do not check source of the news for valid information. Checking sources is common on ATS. The user comments of MSM sites are probably the closest people viewing the articles are going to get to truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Doctors without borders already on the ground in Syria said almost 300 people died in latest chemical attack. US "experts" say 1400 died.

Oh... that is right... those rebel terrorists have nine lives. One of them getting killed will count as nine deaths. So the math goes like this:

138 rebel deaths = 138 x 9 = 1242
158 civilian deaths = 158 x 1 = 158
Total number of deaths = 138 + 158 = 296 (according to doctors)
Total number of deaths = 1242 + 158 = 1400 (according to US experts)

I had to save that one, it was just too sensible.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Anyone developing a siege mentality yet?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not surprising CNN deleted my top comment on of Bosnia which had gotten 400 likes or so over the past year.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I think the best thing to do to solve that problem is like I've said many times in the past is to totally boycott CNN.
Forget that you even have that channel on your TV. They'll soon learn their lesson when their viewership drops to zero.
Their sponcers will not advertise with them anymore and they'll lose money and hopefully if enough people stop watching that station they'll go out of business.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

How does this action relate to communism specifically?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join