It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron and Obama speak for 15 minutes.... WOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
(THE WOW WAS SARCY)

I think the media have conceded. I posted a thread yesterday how the UK Media is pushing us to support military action by scaring us in saying our ties with US are damaged.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Result = FAIL.

They were never going to win. So what have they done now?

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is just hilaaaaarious to me. I believe this is the way of the MSM saying "We lied, sorry. Actually it's cool, neither cares what the other does"

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think you might have wnated to post a little of the article?

The men spoke by phone for 15 minutes, and the tone of the conversation was said to be friendly.

The UK prime minister reiterated he still wanted a strong response to the suspected chemical weapons attack.

According to Downing Street, Mr Obama said he had not yet decided what action the US would take over Syria.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "The prime minister made clear that he strongly believes in the need for a tough and robust response to the appalling war crime committed by the Assad regime in Ghouta.

"The PM explained that he wanted to build a consensual approach in Britain for our response and that the government had accepted the clear view of the House against British military action.

"President Obama said he fully respected the PM's approach and that he had not yet taken a decision on the US response."

That's from your link.

I'm sorry - I'm not sure what your point is but I'm still looking for it. And no, I'm not picking on you - just saying.

peace

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No I understand what your saying.

I am not really discussing the countries actions on Syria. It's just how UK and US talks are represented in media.

FOR ME PERSONALLY.... The other day it was all about how our ties are damaged, and now it's all about being on the phone having a chat and being all understanding.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
We are not our leaders, we know that much for sure, i still find ya'll just
fine, humans unite! hehe

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
reply to post by silo13

I am not really discussing the countries actions on Syria. It's just how UK and US talks are represented in media.

FOR ME PERSONALLY.... The other day it was all about how our ties are damaged, and now it's all about being on the phone having a chat and being all understanding.

The two leaders are of the same mind, of course their chat will be friendly. It's like two lovers whose families are fighting. The strain is between the families, the two lovers can have a phone call that is stress free.

Not saying there IS strain between the US and the UK, only that it wouldn't be shown in this phone call.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's not the first time we've refused to follow the US into anything, although it is the first time since the 19th century that a PM has been hamstrung by Parliament with regards to foreign affairs...

I wouldn't put much stock in it harming the strategic relationship and you can bet we're helping behind the scenes with our intel and other assets.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by brace22
reply to post by silo13

The two leaders are of the same mind, of course their chat will be friendly. It's like two lovers whose families are fighting. The strain is between the families, the two lovers can have a phone call that is stress free.

Not saying there IS strain between the US and the UK, only that it wouldn't be shown in this phone call.

Actually the strain is between each of them and their respective families, if you are going to use that metaphor.

Neither the UK or US public is much interested in involving themselves in this. Its the 2 power cliques that are desperate to fight (or more precisely order others to).

What you have to remember is that the journalists of Westminster and DC are as far adrift from the public opinion as the people they report on. The way they are trying to spin this triumph of the parliamentary system as a failure has a slightly unreal feel to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

No. If my loves family is fueding with my family I'm still telling her how much I love her, as me and her are still of the same mind. Now if Cameron started changing his mind saying he thought it was a bad idea you'd have a point. Again, my reply is only about their conversation would be cordial either way, it's not evidence of anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I do not think anyone is getting my point.

I am not discussing the actual relationship.

I am discussing the media coverage of the politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I love you

I love you more

Do you forgive me

Yes I do

Yay, bye, see you soon....

Bye

(pause)

You hang up

No you hang up

No you hang up (girly giggles)

Does anyone really care if our leadership get along? Let them get along to their own devices. As long as the people remain friends huh....
edit on 31/8/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Bush and Blair

new topics

top topics

join