It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hello - you may be well aware of this, but I thought I'd tell you I was still having the issue of no "scroll bar" in the "messages" on my regular computer, unless I'm in "reply" mode. Mobile was great! No issues there.
Safari 5.1.9 & Mac (laptop with scroll pad - no mouse)

Thank you!!!
- AB
edit on 6-9-2013 by AboveBoard because: more info

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Take your time fixing the bugs. The new site is awesome and worth the wait.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello Skeptic

Maybe I missed it but i could not see a way to search members by watts index. I could see you could search by flags and stars... Did i miss this or is it the case..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Some peeps are saying the point system will be removed.. Is this the case and are the silver and gold borders going too...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

purplemer
Some peeps are saying the point system will be removed.. Is this the case and are the silver and gold borders going too...

Points are still being tallied, I'm just uncertain how it fits into the new ATS concept.

The three-tier WATS borders are still in effect, it's just that it's not around posts. The indicators are applied to the borders around the numbers shown in the mini-profile, where it makes a bit more sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thanks for that answer.
I was wondering what was happening with the ATS points.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I still don't care for it.

I know, too bad.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

HERE WE GO!!!!!oooo!!!!!
The "reply" button on the bottom doesn't work - I can only reply TO you, not just "post reply"
???

OK, THanks. Its working now.....

edit on 9-9-2013 by wildtimes because: add that now it works.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Now what is the "registered" field doing?

It says: 421Thursday24312103America/Chi

(Chrome, Win 8, laptop)
edit on 126Monday09302609America/Chicago21 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yay it's back!

New problem: My avatar color choice (basically black) is not being displayed at least on my computer. The picture of it in the account section looks correct but when I post it's just default color it seems. The lettering is still blue like I picked it though..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It was working better during the beta test!!

I was getting used to it, but now, I have my phone set to "desktop" version, so I have 404 on new topics (that little leaf), desktop version on recent posts, mobile version on my ats, and top topics, took more than 3 tries to get the reply button to acknowledge the clicks....

The sites functions aren't functioning

I guess I'll go away for awhile and see if the bugginess goes away????

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Could you explain how the three tier system works please. I find it confusing. I was reading one of Phages posts and he is now green. I though Phage was in the top ten or so.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello...

In my "Messages" I cannot see a full message that is over whatever the box size max is unless I'm in "reply" mode - in other words - no scroll bar. It works fine on mobile! But not on my laptop (no mouse, scroll pad, Mac, Safari 5.1.9). Help please. Thank you!

- AB

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Fantastic improvement over the other site ScepticOverlord. A great clean and structured foundation to work on and improve for the future as well. FontAwesome, minimal images etc. Good stuff! :-)

Edit, Quick notes:

1. The register new account page fields does not seem to work. When searching if the username exists, it returns "Object object" in the popup.

2. Cursor pointer seem to be missing off all buttons that are not a hrefs, but are controlled via _javascript. To fix, you could add cursor: pointer; to the classes, so it feels like a clickable area, or use a href for all links for consistency in the code.

3. On account page, username appears in the field where the date format should appear.

4. On all text+icon buttons, it would feel more natural if they were connected, and as a whole were clickable, with the same hover effect. Rather than just the icon being clickable and having hover.

5. The kind of strange alignment of the "toolbelt" kind of throws off the structure of the page a bit, and the box shadow throws off the otherwise clean and flat style. It's one floating rounded box too much IMO. I'd go for something more like this: i.imgur.com... (just modified some css via Firebug).

6. Same for the social features section, a little bit of cleanup: i.imgur.com... (here I'd suggest putting specific hover effects for each icon. Icon color changes to white, square color to icon color)

7. When working with FontAwesome icons infront or behind text, you can get better text vs icon vertical alignment by adding something like vertical-align: -0.1%; to the icons css.

8. On the frontpage, the .fadeFull div color is a bit lighter than the background, so it doesn't blend together perfectly. Currently CSS is: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(48, 52, 56, 0) 0%, #303438 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent. The #303438 just needs to be changed to #282c30 to fix that. You can also just add "pointer-events: none;" to the div, so the text is still selectable with the cursor behind the fade.

9. On About ATS page, and other pages using large images on the left side, the background of those images are sometimes a bit lighter than the page background, which throws off the feel. #303338 should be #282c30 on those.

10. In for example the "new" section or "archive" etc, on the icons on the right side, the hover effect changes the buttons border from 1px to 2px, which makes the whole button jump on hover and it doesn't feel great.

Just some feedback of detail-polish.

Overall superb cleanup by the team of the mess that once was!
edit on 10-9-2013 by Paaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, geez. It's me again. I'm receiving multiples of the same message, sent several minutes apart (and still no scroll bar in my messages unless I hit reply, but I'll stop harping about that already...).

But just think, months from now it will be old hat and we'll all know what the heck we are doing, and the bugs will have been swatted down...it's gonna be good...

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I really do like the new site, make the post icons smaller and less cartoony and it will be perfect.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I'm receiving multiples of the same message

You are ahead of the the game.

I don't have a message icon yet.

I'm pretty sure there is something waiting for me in my inbox that's telling me I'm rich and don't have to work anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Why are all my threads not showing up on my profile? And where are all my pics from the old version? Half of them are gone. No, they are not in the icons at the top.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I like it,it was kind of a shock at first,i was so used to the old ats.I miss the new tab though.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I don't like that the new threads showing in my favorite(s) list does not show who they are authored by.
There are a lot of people that I will open their thread just because I know they have something good to share.
But, sometimes the title can be deceiving to make a person think it isn't what it seems to be. So unless I see that it is posted by someone I know, I may skip over it and miss something really good.

This is NOT GOOD.
And these smileys are as bad as the others.

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join