It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

980 x 439

Edit: Thanks for fixing that.

edit on 9/4/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

We have a new, more reliable and more compatible with mobile devices, color picker in the account settings page. Test it out.

I almost entered a bug report earlier because the widget for the text color was missing... now I know why.

It works great!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for the Account section that would help a lot of folks (I think)

When some members use mini-profile background images for the first time, and often many times after, they have trouble finding/using a transparent .gif avatar that pushes the member info down to the appropriate placement.

My suggestion is to have an option on the account menu in the avatar section to have a 170X240 transparent avatar for use with mini-profile backgrounds images.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I have a suggestion for the Account section that would help a lot of folks (I think)

When some members use mini-profile background images for the first time, and often many times after, they have trouble finding/using a transparent .gif avatar that pushes the member info down to the appropriate placement.

My suggestion is to have an option on the account menu in the avatar section to have a 170X240 transparent avatar for use with mini-profile backgrounds images.

From someone who has struggled to the point of having to just take control of accounts for users so that they can get their avatar set up....I could not agree more with this.

On the link in my signature, Agarta has an amazingly detailed overview on how to do this. Not only will it be somewhat obsolete...but it is still often difficult to follow for some users who don't have the background for those kinds of things.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I believe all the burning issues have been resolved... especially the nagging sticky menu getting int he way of the post form.

As of now, I can't find anything that seriously breaks on the options I have available.

The last remaining item is to ensure the post/thread form is highly-usable in all form factors. Unless anything else comes up, we may be ready for final launch tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

asciikewl
iPad 1 adaptive issue: the message flows under the avatar pic, becomes hard and scroll intensive to read anything

Landscape, portrait, or both? That's odd because it's not happening on mine. What version iOS?

Portrait mode, iOS 5.1.1 (iPad 1 can't do iOS 6, thank you Fürher Apple)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

nexus 7. today its 980x1500 and now gives me two columns :-) thanks for fixing
edit on 5-9-2013 by melancholiflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hmmm.
The username and password I was sent does not work,I get :

"Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

This is also happening when I click on the "new topics" button at the top of the "my ats"page.

I made a thread asking for help on the matter before I found this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any help appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The old site is still the default. Today I wanted to go in and look at some VERY old posts of mine (far beyond the 800 listed on "my posts" in the old format) - and I was able to do "forever scrolling" for 'my threads' - but when I clicked on the dialogue bubbles ('my posts'), I got a 503 Error.

Just so you know, admins, and SO! Chrome, Win 8, laptop.

EDIT:
Hmm...okay, just tried it again - it's working now.

edit on 5-9-2013 by wildtimes because: it worked this time

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Android

Just noticed that when you go to a list of someone's posts the links don't take you to a specific post, only the thread that the post is in.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Are you clicking the thread title or the link listed to the right under the "member reply" column?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Android

That annoying toolbar is back. Now it overlays so I have trouble reading the posts.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

It doesn't work. Neither takes me to a specific post.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There is a bottom menu link not working on the new site.....

First column 'recent posts' is linked to /recent.php --- that's a dead link.

On the main menu the same 'recent posts' links to /today.php

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oh crud, this is it...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here it comes !!

Get used to it.

It works !!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I am going to continue to dislike it until I get used to it.
I will probably spend less time here as a result of disliking it, thereby taking longer to get used to it.
Didn't like 'new' Coke either.

Just a thought... ATS 'Classic'?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
I believe all the burning issues have been resolved... especially the nagging sticky menu getting int he way of the post form.

As of now, I can't find anything that seriously breaks on the options I have available.

The last remaining item is to ensure the post/thread form is highly-usable in all form factors. Unless anything else comes up, we may be ready for final launch tomorrow.

I hate to be a broken record SO. BUT, I still cannot go to one of my previous posts from the list of posts in my profile. Clicking the link takes me to the beginning of the thread instead. I understand it may not be at the top of your list. However, that was an excellent feature. Not having it will make finding previous posts a pain.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by klassified

Click the time stamp with your username on the right side of the list. That click will take you to your last post in the thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by klassified

Gotta click the time stamp, not the thread name.
edit on 9/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join