It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

BO XIAN
2. When I was in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I was scrolling down, reading the post . . . and the lower half of the scrolled up portion was black, obliterating the post.

What browser?

I've noticed that redraw issue in some mobile browsers. It's not anything we can correct.

THX for your kind reply.

It's in IE--latest version.

Hasn't happened since, to that degree, if at all. Has happened maybe 8-12 times total in the last several days. Hard to guess any other particulars. If I come up with any other pattern to it, I'll let you know.

I suspect refresh would have solved it. I just unthinkingly didn't try it.

==

Again--not a raging issue--but down the road when y'all have time, I'd love for the "6699FF" color to be available for my signature and posts--maybe it is already for posts--I'm confused about that. Sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesn't in the post proper. The Teal is just a bit garish, for a subtle emphasis, imho. I think the "6699FF" works well in both the dark and cream/off white background contexts.

I'm impressed with the whole redo. I'm confident by the time all the tweaks and polishing are done, it will be 2nd to none on the net. Congrats. I'm blessed to see the meticulousness of your thought processes and skills. I don't often run across programmers who are also good at human factors design. Too often, they seem 'disabled' in that department. LOL. You're not. That's refreshing.

Blessings,

edit on 2/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: highlight what SO was looking for

edit on 2/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thx for your efforts, SO.

I'd be happy to maintain the 3rd item--colors etc that need tweaking. If folks would address me by my BO XIAN here in this thread or by a U2U, I'll collect such in a word file and post every day or other day or so, as I'm able to get to it.

Blessings,

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Sorry, Given Colin Powell's globalist complicities, I think we could do much better for a launch personality. I used to be a fan of his until I saw the absolutely submissive kowtowing he did re his oligarchy puppet masters. There's no way he'd be candid about globalism. He'd rather live longer.

Why not choose someone from the suggested list of AMA's who would be smack in the middle of the UFO or conspiracy stuff?

e.g. L.A. Marzulli, Chuck Missler, Chris Putnam, Tom Horn, Joel Rosenberg--would be great re Syria; The Aussie Legislator woman who outted the globalists in Parliament; Jesse Ventura; . . .

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

MarkJS
reply to post by dustytoad

On other sites, to see quoted posts, you have to click on a special button or link. When you do, the thread display for the currently read post expands to show the history- with all the nested quotes included... albeit usually with a slightly smaller font.

I generally hate how that looks. It's one of the reasons I stuck around ATS when I first came here. The pages feel cleaner, and so I understand the quoting rule and will post accordingly now that I know.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

I see where you are coming from... It's kind of a compromise.. Totally up to the user.

On face value, one does not have to expand if they already know the background context... But for existing threads...to keep them from being unintelligible, some kind of retrofit may be in order.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

dustytoad
I'm still having an issue that if I quote someone that has a quote in their post everything is deleted except the very outside quote box.. I havn't mentioned that one yet.

It's been a long-standing rule/guideline that nested quotes have not been allowed on ATS, and is often the reason for the "deleted quote" indicator.

A common attribute of contemporary forum platforms is to omit all prior quotes when quoting a post. I opted to keep those available as reference to the member replying, but hide nesting quotes in thread-view.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Who does the site coding?

I want the span text beside clickable icons to be made into links.

like this:
<a class="tabOff " title="reply to this post without quoting" href="..."><i class="icon-fixed-width icon-comments icon-large"></i></a><span class="btnLbl">
</span>

to this:
<a class="tabOff " title="reply to this post without quoting" href="..."><i class="icon-fixed-width icon-comments icon-large"></i><span class="btnLbl">
</span></a>

:just move the anchor closing tag. the class btnLbl may need alterations... .btnLbl a, .btnLbl a:hover etc

that's for link, edit, quote, reply ... and in the toolbelt: favorite, unsubscribe, new thread, reply, alert

no one else wants that?

could use a code box too...

[code]non-alphanumeric symbols in box are converted to html numbers [/code]
edit on 9/2/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good bye skeuomorphism. Seems more people are adopting the flat look these days. I have to say though, the new design is easy to look at.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'd be willing to keep track of "things that break". Preferably through U2U but if people post a reply to me with it, I can make a file for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I love it. Simply love it!!! Simplicity speaking volumes. It looks great on my s3.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just Logged On, and am having my first look around the New and Improved, and Have to say so far I really LOVE it.
Very easy to move around and better on the eyes.
My only suggestion so far would be to increase the smallest font by one if possible.
Will return and look around more later. GREAT JOB ATS!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by piequal3because14

Sorry, Given Colin Powell's globalist complicities, I think we could do much better for a launch personality. I used to be a fan of his until I saw the absolutely submissive kowtowing he did re his oligarchy puppet masters. There's no way he'd be candid about globalism. He'd rather live longer.

Why not choose someone from the suggested list of AMA's who would be smack in the middle of the UFO or conspiracy stuff?

e.g. L.A. Marzulli, Chuck Missler, Chris Putnam, Tom Horn, Joel Rosenberg--would be great re Syria; The Aussie Legislator woman who outted the globalists in Parliament; Jesse Ventura; . . .

Nope,still Colin Powell,is the good and the best candidate and good person to be here for such an event.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The new layout I believe will take some getting used to, and like anything else there will be those adverse to change... due to learning and the unfamiliarity of it. My first impression was how am I supposed to navigate this since, it is so vastly different than the current? Then a moment of playing around made it more familiar... I have yet to play around enough to navigate to the topic fire hose... perhaps that is now called recent?

In any case, my first impression of a minute clicking around... it looks clean, but currently seems "bulky" not sure how to clarify the bulky, perhaps someone else that have felt that could articulate it better than I currently can.

Thanks for the invite to check this out,

I'll play around with it a bit more, firstly to try and do my normal routine after arriving scanning then logging in and see how different that is to adapt to.

It my be helpful to developers to know routines, to ease navigation so here's mine.

I get to ATS, click new topics, click new topic fire hose, right click and open in another tab all threads I want to read, if any amount to something I feel like dropping my 2 cents on... I log in, do the replies to the fire hose topics, then go to My ATS and see if there are any new replies the threads I have either replied in or authored previously, read updates and reply if replied to, back to My ATS, look to see if any replies came in on the new posts read them or if directed at myself reply... then log out. I check mail maybe once or twice a month. On some days 30 tabs will get opened from the fire hose on others just a few. I only log in if one of those is interesting enough to reply to or star and flag.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
The new layout I believe will take some getting used to, and like anything else there will be those adverse to change... due to learning and the unfamiliarity of it. My first impression was how am I supposed to navigate this since, it is so vastly different than the current? Then a moment of playing around made it more familiar... I have yet to play around enough to navigate to the topic fire hose... perhaps that is now called recent?

Actually the Tab that says "New" acts like the "fire hose" did but in the format of the left column of the old New topics page.. Difference is that it shows number of flags and posts next to each one, so you can scroll down "new" to find the ones with flags. These topics would make up the middle column of the old "new topics" page.

recent is recent posts, not recent threads. I don't have too much use for that yet.

And now I forgot an issue I have been having..

AHH... I like to use color to link ideas together, but If I want to press blue and enter text it only works once in a row, then I have to switch colors, and switch back before I can write in the same color again in another line of text.. This is starting to annoy me.

I've been using MY ATS Favorites more now.. can set it to most flagged topics in last 48 hours.. That mixed with the New tab has all that I need to find what I am looking for.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Oh and you can't even click on black without clicking another color first.. Then closing the pop up and clicking black..

edit on 9/3/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Am I supposed to have this many stars???

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Wow that is a lot

12.500 stars per post.... Are you the Antichrist?
edit on 3-9-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

The end of the world is written in the stars.

Your astronomical amount that is.

lol nearly 17 million.

edit on 9/3/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

well, yeah ya know people just must like what i have to say

lol naw really tho I hope they remember how many I originally had because I was proud of my wee stars and karma, i dont want to start from '0' again

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I mentioned this in a previous post on the 24 hour beta trial, but the quirk remains in the release candidate. When I list my posts in my profile, and click one of them, it takes me to the beginning of the thread I posted in, rather than taking me to my actual post.

Being able to go directly to one of my past posts is a very nice feature. I hope you're going to retain it.

Thanks for all the hard work SO. It looks good, and functionality has improved overall.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join