It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Member Testing: ATS.5/3 Final Release Candidate

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
Not that I plan on using my Kindle for ATS all that much, but 5/3 does work as far as I can tell....using Amazon's Silk browser.

Okay so it just might throw the banners over the titles on my Kindle? Not that I care because it only overlaps 2 titles. I tried stretching the page but that didn't help. Whatev's though. Oh, I have the first edition of the Fire so it could simply be too outdated for 5/3. Again, it's not a real world issue for me

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I"m using it just fine.

Whats the issue?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

no, once the new site launches, the 53. will be replaced by the standard www.

There will be no going back from this pill

~Tenth

Yeah, I knew it would become the 'www.', I was just hoping I could still go back to '52.' or '51.' or '50.' '49.' etc.. lol

I assumed it wouldn't actually be possible, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The real reason for this particular reply though, is just to check and see whether or not these↓ lil guys will still work. .

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I posted pics on the previous page of what it is doing.

Hollie
Well I love it. Everything about it. At home I use a win8. At work I use a Kindle Fire. I just wanted to show you what the 5/3 is doing on my Kindle Fire.

The banner in the header works fine, but another banner "IKEA" shows up in the middle of page overlapping titles. So I refreshed the page. Again, the header banner worked fine, however this time it was a "Jeep" banner overlapping the thread titles.

Have no clue how many people use their Kindle Fires, but figured I would show you in case
I deal with a lot worse things than this on my Kindle.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ah, the smiles yes.

They do still work, and as stated in the OP, there's going to be a member driven project to create a new set of smilies that everybody likes..well hopefully mostly everybody.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Yeah the ad banners.

That'll be resolved at launch, and it should quit doing that. IN the meantime, if you go into your account settings you can switch it to the desktop version for now to resolve it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Beta just flat out won't open on my iPad right now, so this is an issue I had yesterday when the site was rolled out "for good". I don't know if it's still like this or not.

When I was in a thread holding the iPad in portrait mode, the avatars would be above the post. Right above. So I'd scroll down and see avatar, post, avatar, post.

I can't imagine that would be the way it's designed? If if turned it over to landscape it went back to normal. I don't know what would cause that if it's not intentional. iPad 2 with the regular Safari app.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ah, the smiles yes.

They do still work, and as stated in the OP, there's going to be a member driven project to create a new set of smilies that everybody likes..well hopefully mostly everybody.

~Tenth
Well, not exactly. Those are just ones that I have in my 'ATS Uploads'. So they look similar, but probably aren't exactly 'smilies'.

Might be a way to bypass using these generic ones though.

and use ones that you(or I) might think are more appropriate.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I figured as much. It's nothing that bothered me though. I'm really digging the new theme. Besides the way it looks, I like how new topics load when you scroll to the bottom of the page. And it loads a lot faster. The sooner they ditch the old version, the better.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Is your Ipad updated to the newest iOS version?

If so and you're having the issue in Safari, try downloading Firefox for Ipad and see if it changes anything.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You probably already thought about this, and have it covered.... but just in case:

For www.abovetopsecret.com, there is no FavIcon.ico. I suppose that this is because it's only a temp website. When 5.3 is retrofitted into www.abovetopsecret.com, maybe the old favicon.ico should be redesigned as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Minor glitch with the "preview" button. "Preview" works, just a cosmetic thing.

Mint 15, FF22.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
wwwwwwwwwwwww // vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Is it just my eyes, or my computer? I see the letter 'w' washed out, like all the time in the content area.

If it's not just me:
Agreed that it's a big, wide letter... and it shouldn't stand out too much... Maybe though just make it a little brighter? thnks.

-------------------------------------
ETA: Did a little research and found for the dark theme, the washout effect only occurs with IE (IE10). Chrome and FF are fine. Of course, I plan use IE and the dark theme mostly.

edit on 31/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

maybe FF needs an upgrade? I think current is FF23

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, let me try this again. I wrote up a reply, hit submit, and got an endless loading icon. When I went back to the previous page I notice I was logged out. Glitch?

After switching to the darker background option and snooping around the 5/3 a bit, I find I really like the new visual aesthetics.

A few of the functionality changes that I have noticed are terrific.
1.The limiting of the "Most-Flagged Threads Started In The Past Five Days" at the top of Forums to only 2 threads is much appreciated. I never enjoyed having to scroll past 10 of them.

2.I like that the toolbar scrolls down the page with me. Most convenient.

3.The ads aren't slow to load in the new version, making pages load instantly.

4. The list of members logged in being moved to the side of the "forums page", instead of the bottom--another convenience.

In both the old and new designs, I cannot view threads "pinned" to the top of a forum when I'm logged out, such as the "Quake Watch 2013" thread in "Fragile Earth". Is that because you want me to log in, or because I browse using Chrome?

Also, is there a way to sort search results by say, past week, month, or year?

I'll get used to the large font size for thread titles using my laptop. It was just a shock, yesterday.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So am I only one who still can't get the password from the message to work?

And yes everything is current with my browsers and OS.

Can I maybe get a message with a different password to see if that one works (if they are not all the same to begin with)?
edit on 8/31/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Try your normal UN/PW. I just cleared cache of everything, and had to log back in. Wouldn't take the beta UN/PW, so I tried a normal login. It worked.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by druid42

Hmm.

That didn't work either.
Although from what I saw yesterday I prefer this "old" version anyway -- just wondering if new version had changed anything based on the waves of feedback.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I found the new You Tube button !

I can use emoticons

But look at my avatar and I can't get use to the opaque
back drop and I need to resize format to screen
and I always have so much trouble fitting into a
new skin and can you just come over for dinner Skep
and help me get squared away because I'm all computer
handicrapped and the wife makes the most awesome
fricken chicken tacos teither side of the border and
and whah whah whah !

I'm cool with it tho Skep. Just like new cloths that don't fit right till
ya put em thru the washer once. After that you're happy.
Now where's that thumbs up ?

edit on 31-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I like that there is more color now.

@randyvs I am going to have to play around with my avatar too. I am sure people will post guides for fixing them soon.
edit on 31-8-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join