It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Syria chemical weapons attack threatens Israel, Jordan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Obama says Syria chemical weapons attack threatens Israel, Jordan

President Barack Obama said on Friday the chemical weapons attack in Syria threatened U.S. allies Israel, Turkey and Jordan and that while "nobody ends up being more war weary than me" he is considering a narrow, limited U.S. response.

Obama, speaking to reporters at a meeting he held with Baltic leaders, said the United States must be prepared to act unilaterally if necessary to uphold what he called an international norm against the use of chemical weapons as part of U.S. obligations as a world leader. As he spoke, the U.S. intelligence community released a report that said an August 21 chemical weapons attack in a Damascus suburb killed 1,429 people, including at least 426 children. Obama, in the position of trying to persuade Americans weary of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to accept another U.S. involvement, insisted any military action he takes on Syria will be narrow and limited and not an open-ended, long-term commitment, nor would it involve U.S. troops on the ground.

Did he forget that he is the President? If he really is weary of war then he can just stop them. The people are fed up with being at war with nothing being gained. In terms of global firepower Syria ranks at 39th place Turkey ranks 11Th Israel ranks 13th Jordan ranks 56th. Do these countries really need America to fight for them? They are the ones in danger let them do the fighting.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think everyone should know by now that this type of rhetoric is all theatrics! Every bit of it, on every level. It is something they do to keep the constantly running "war machine" going.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The people are fed up with being at war with nothing being gained.

The only thing being gained is insane amounts of money being made by those in high places. Sad truth is, war turns a profit for some.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Lybia Part Deux . It seems Some Conglomerate of Financial Might is flexing it's Muscles yet again in the Middle East . What is to Gain there is the Question I ask ...........

edit on 30-8-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

and all those Libyian rebels?
they are Syrian rebels now!! WOO HOO!!
and what was one of the first things the Libyian rebels proclaimed?
"the central bank is open for business"
getting a whif of central banking coming your way Syria?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

What would be the Purpose for a Central Bank in these Countries, Pray tell Kind Sir ? ..............:@@

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

gosh..it cant be about control or raping of resources..
we clearly stated that we are setting the people free!!
umm..excuse the dust and explosions..deconstruction underway

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by autopat51

What would be the Purpose for a Central Bank in these Countries, Pray tell Kind Sir ? ..............:@@

The same as any other. To loan money with interest. Control the money control the country. Look at how it works on the western nations.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"Obama says Syria's chemical weapons threaten Israel's lucrative arms trade."

Speaking in anonymity, Israeli politicians were overheard saying, "... although business is good, and we're seeing a profit on our carefully engineered war on terror -- we don't know if it will be possible for our high-tech WMDs to compete on price, with these low-tech WMDs."

edit on 30-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

been a long time since i heard that
thank you

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Lybia Part Deux

Even more Iraq part deux. Remember how hard they worked then to convince us of the axis of evil and the weapons of mass destruction? This is straight from the same play book. It does seem like fewer people are buying it this time around though, probably why Obama and his minions are in a bit of panic mode.

Solution- even bigger false flag.

No hope, no change, just proof of who really runs this country.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The title speaks volumes in itself i believe.

"Obama says Syria chemical weapons attack threatens Israel, Jordan."

it actually sounds like ...

Why did you punch the other young boy in the school yard?

Obama: "Because i wanted the approval of the cool kids, that makes it all OK, ..right?"

No Obama .. it doesn't.

Is it just me, or has the main man himself lost his ability to use critical individual thinking.

(sarcasm)

perhaps i expect to much of a world leader.

Muzz

new topics

top topics

join