It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo showing 'boiling sea' off Japan coast near Fukushima

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In the NHK report they are not talking about the average background radiation level in Japan. They are talking about readings taken in the immediate vicinity of a leaking tank.

This is a good video giving a resume of the current situation at Fukushima as of yesterday.

edit on 1-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It's a disaster area and will be for years to come.

I hope they at least post several "NO SWIMMING" (or diving!) signs in the area (smiles)!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
We have a photo but has anyone actually gone down to the ocean with a thermometer?

Do we know that is water vapor in the picture? I have been trying to confirm that steam from boiling water is in the photo but haven't found confirmation.

Edit:

enenews.com...

Japanese journalist Mari Takenouchi commented on the NHK screenshot in a recent tweet: “NO, the sea is NOT boiling. I cannot identify the source, but the foggy thing is steam coming from somewhere.”

The Kanjis in that Photo said nothing about boiling, just about leaking Water!

It is a Hoax, nothing else.

You need Fission for "boiling the Sea" and Fission produce Iodine-131 but nobody is getting any Iodine
around the whole World!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Please delete this post, i wrote and then read more comments and it was already ansfered
edit on 1-9-2013 by romilo because: Please delete this post, i wrote and then read more comments and it was already ansfered

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Seems that the majority of the the political power in this place, is too busy to be worried about the Fukushima disaster..
There's no profits there..

They have their eyes fixated on on the great 'oil train..!'

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is being reported by Sky News this morning:

"Fukushima Radiation Readings 18 Times Higher
Radiation levels in water in the bottom of one storage tank are high enough to kill an exposed person in four hours."

"The staff member said they had found highly radioactive water dripping from a pipe used to connect two coolant tanks and that it had been patched up using tape.

The discovery of the pipe came a day after Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) said it found new radiation hotspots at four sites around coolant tanks, with one reading at 1,800 millisieverts per hour - a dose that would kill a human left exposed to it in four hours."

Fukushima Radiation Readings 18 Times Higher

I also notice how people say 300 tonnes are leaking each and every day, yet all I've read has pointed to 300 tonnes from one tank, once, which is the actual truth?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Originally posted by ipsedixit
We have a photo but has anyone actually gone down to the ocean with a thermometer?

Do we know that is water vapor in the picture? I have been trying to confirm that steam from boiling water is in the photo but haven't found confirmation.

Edit:

enenews.com...

Japanese journalist Mari Takenouchi commented on the NHK screenshot in a recent tweet: “NO, the sea is NOT boiling. I cannot identify the source, but the foggy thing is steam coming from somewhere.”

The Kanjis in that Photo said nothing about boiling, just about leaking Water!

It is a Hoax, nothing else.

You need Fission for "boiling the Sea" and Fission produce Iodine-131 but nobody is getting any Iodine
around the whole World!

This.... I looked at the photo and was like "nowhere it states boiling water, just looks like mist/fog"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Yeah? What's the radioactive half life of the most dangerous molecule, and exactly how much radiation do you think the planet can absorb before things like the food chain that we all depend upon become untenable? Or reproduction gets equally messed up (feel free to google 'depleted uranium babies' in Iraq for a heads-up on your headless, cyclops or otherwise horrific grandchildren, coming soon to an incubator near you).

I don't get my radiation information from Ann Coulter, I was simply pointing out the ridiculousness of the brainwashing we are all exposed to on a daily basis. Thankfully, she seems to have gone by the wayside after making the idiotic comment that a little bit of radiation was good for you, like some sort of vaccine.

You sound relatively well-informed. How much radiation is too much and do you really think you can load the world's oceans with radiation without killing off both the wildlife (a large percentage of the world food source) and the surface algae that we all depend upon for most of our oxygen supply?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
So why isn't it that the UN isn't sending people to Japan to investigate that? Dear Goddess...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that disaster is left to go unchecked - that has dire world consequences... right?

So why isn't somebody there investigating that and if found an emergency to not just Japan but the world - why is nobody forcing ACTION upon this? They don't want to clean it up or admit there is a problem because of cultural ego?

What?
This is a mad world.

Cirque

Because they want everyone to keep working away like dogs to keep bringing in the cash..... this is all that World is about..... Cash!

They don't care about Nuclear Power Plants leaking Radiation ahead of Cash and War!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, you're the jury, so remember to keep an open mind, OK?
This pic is from Aug 25th 013

Aug 5th 013

Aug 20th 013

Aug 7th 013

The link for the last pick. 2:07 mark.

Ok, It seems .... maybe .... just maybe I've started a $hit storm with my pics of the harbour boiling. [I don't know it's boiling is for sure because I haven't taken a dip there with a thermometer, but neither has Arnie or anybody else who's saying it's just fog] They're so viral I don't know if I should grin or hide? I have no idea how this grew so big or who grew it?
It seems I've dumped burning fuel rods in tepco's pants!
"So Sorry...... Bow"
"So Sorry...... Bow"
If this forces closer scrutiny, more film, some independent observers, or some REAL transparency, I'll be happier than a pig in [you know what].
Only good can come of this.
The first ENE article that links to the BBC.
enenews.com...

Did anyone ask themselves why the BBC posted such thin slices of the original pictures to "debunk"? Why not show the entire picture? The top pic does not show that north of the reactors there is no steam/fog/boiling whatever you want to call it. Second pic was cropped too.
I have great respect for the comments gang at ENE and I was disappointed at how quick they brushed it off.

The Wall St Journal was just talking about how Fukushima was built on a river, and as rivers flow to the sea, the corium may be following the same path. The coriums will take the path of least resistance.
"Wall St. Journal: They don’t know where Fukushima’s melted fuel cores are, or in what state — Expert: “It’s important to think of worst-case scenario”… Even greater levels of contamination may be on the way — Plant “built on a river”
enenews.com... ht-be-even-more-heavily-contaminated-water-coming-th

Aug 26th
"Water with nuclear fuel coming up from ocean floor off Fukushima coast?"
enenews.com... sements-getting-close-to-fallout-total-from-every-atomic-bombs-t

"Japan Expert: Contamination from Fukushima flowing beneath seafloor? “Could spring up outside the port”
"Marui added that water outside the port also needs to be carefully checked"
Oh yeah I'm sure that's going to happen!

enenews.com...

"Fukushima Mystery? TV: Japan expert says radiation levels in ocean too high to be explained by groundwater flow alone — Must be coming from “other contamination routes” entering Pacific"
"Professor Jota Kanda argues government statistics don’t add up. He says a daily leakage of 300 tons doesn’t explain the current levels of radiation in the water."
"NHK: Kanda’s research and monitoring by Tepco puts the amount of cesium-137 in the groundwater around the plant at several hundred becquerels per liter at most. He’s concluded that radioactive isotope is finding another way to get into the ocean. He’s calling on the government and Tepco to identify contamination routes other than groundwater."
"Jota Kanda, Tokyo University professor: According to my research there are now 3 gigabecquerels [3 billion becquerels] of cesium-137 flowing into the port at Fukushima Daiichi every day. But for the 300 tons of groundwater to contain this much cesium-137, one liter of groundwater has to contain 10,000 becquerels of the radioactive isotope."
enenews.com... ation-thats-flowing-into-pacific-devastating-impact

So really.... is it such a stretch?
There are three 150 ton suns burning below this plant. They take the path of least resistance. That could be east for one of them. The water leaking out of the cracked foundations after hitting the 3000 degree coriums could very well be super hot in temp. Why do you think this is not possible? The wall only went down 40 ft.
I really think the tide might be sucking out a few 100,000 thousand tons of water that's been super heated for hours when they're pumping it over the cores, filling up the basements and the tide is low.

If I could have picked one of my pictures to go viral it might have been this one from July 011.
Deliberate dumping.

S+F dude
edit on 2-9-2013 by Aircooled because: Forgot to say thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Radiation will decay eventually, like objects from the sky (meteorites) and such have it. However, I am not sure whether it will just be on the surface or cover the whole ocean, how this will affect the sea fauna.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, why can't that radioactive water they are storing, be recycled and reused? That doesn't really make any sense to me. Why can't they take say.. one of those tanks and hook up a pumping and cooling system to it...Freon even...like my air conditioning and cool the water down and re pump that over the reactors?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nice, really nice. What do we do now ? Encase all of Japan in concrete and call it a memorial ?
This is what happens when children recieve no guidence. And I'm not just talking about the Japaneese.
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Because it will become more and more contaminated and more and more dangerous.

The water in the tanks is not hot temperature wise. It is radioactively "hot".

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here's the Animated NOAA Sea Surface Temperature Anomaly Map For July 31st through August 28, 2013

I found the link to this map in this thread:

Is Fukushima Flushing Radiation Into The Ocean??
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by TheFinder
started on 4/17/2013 @ 01:42 PM

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Here is August 2010.
www.ospo.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by amazing

Because it will become more and more contaminated and more and more dangerous.

The water in the tanks is not hot temperature wise. It is radioactively "hot".

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Actually they do this since a long Time!

Here is a lot of Information regarding the Topic!
ALPS-Information

(look for the Multi-Nuclide Removable Equipment)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I know about the decontamination process.
Is it keeping up with the production of contaminated water? I don't see anything in the document about that, or the reuse of the water.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're not gonna be able to save from this one are you Phage ?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At the moment i can't locate the right File, still morning here and i need more Coffee

Anyway, it was not a 100% reuse of the already used Water,
but i can't remember the right Numbers!

Please continue and i search it later!

Regards
Tokyo, 0.09 Microsievert/ Hour at the Ground

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join