It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo showing 'boiling sea' off Japan coast near Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
'

A Twitter photo showing a “boiling sea” off the coast of Japan, near the Fukushima nuclear power plant with radiation leaks, has gone viral online.

Just in case I have already warned family and friends off Pacific coast sea food, At what point is the international community going to step in and do something?

Photo Shows Boiling sea

I would hope at times like these international politics could take a side and we could all adress this disaster in the best way possible. The Russians should be asked for help on this matter, though with how things are I doubt that would ever happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It looks like a foggy picture , not seeing any boiling seas . The picture is taken too far away . Are there any close up where you can say FOR SURE its boiling . Personally I call BS , but then again I am not there .

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Any way you slice it, WE ARE SCREWED... When a story like this gets little to no press, you know things are bad... Out of sight, out of mind is what they are hoping that will happen, and sadly its working. This situation seems to be in a place where it can't be fixed or treated. Who knows how bad this will get, my guess, is that the West coast of USA/Central America/South America will be dealing with some toxic seafood in the very near future... I really wonder if there are reports today about the seafood coming from the west coast.. Do they see traces from this disaster or what? They gotta see something...
edit on 30-8-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by letseeit7
reply to post by benrl

It looks like a foggy picture , not seeing any boiling seas . The picture is taken too far away . Are there any close up where you can say FOR SURE its boiling . Personally I call BS , but then again I am not there .

Believe what ever you will the fact remains its putting out 400 tons of radioactive waste that needs to be handled properly each and every day.

Fukuahima raises secutiry level

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yea I really can't see the boiling, indeed it looks really foggy though....
I'm pretty sure a boiling sea would garner national attention, hey man! something's seriously wrong here.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
I'm pretty sure a boiling sea would garner national attention, hey man! something's seriously wrong here.

The other problem, the biggest problem, is that it’s continuing, that the radioactive water is leaking out of this plant as fast as it’s leaking in. So, you’ve got something on the order of 400 tons to maybe even as much as a thousand tons of water a day leaking off of the mountains around Fukushima into the basement of this plant. Well, the basement is highly radioactive, because the containment has failed and radioactive material is leaking out from the nuclear core into the other buildings. That’s being exposed to this clean groundwater and making it extraordinarily radioactive.

Good old Arnie Gunderson for those following this mess, its really really bad.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

How do you expect a story like that to garner national attention when no one can even go there, unless you're a Govt. official or Tepco... Its not like people are taking joywalks in Fukushima... We are basically in a place where we need to take their word for it. And if it is boiling off the coast do you think they would just tell the public creating even more panic?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You do not need to pay attention to this, watch TV and ignore the biggest potiental disaster in history. The media and government want you to not look this way, and for good reasons. With 3 cores in the earth, and spent fuel pools of thousands of cores in near hydrogen concentration, who wants the truth? Fast forward a few years, extreme pressure concrete containment is the only possibility, and if that fails..... 2016, the Western continent of North America becomes contaminated on the path of uninhabitable. From Western Canada to the Western side of Mexico, the Pacific conveyer belt will spread this posion to eventually most of the planet, killing off micro life that supports everything else, we are in for a bad outcome. I am not attempting to scare anyone, Just look at any map or globe and figure out for yourself the flow of the ocean and then the flow of air once the fuel pools are uncontrolled and unapprachable. Great design GE, you bring good things to life...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So why isn't it that the UN isn't sending people to Japan to investigate that? Dear Goddess...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that disaster is left to go unchecked - that has dire world consequences... right?

So why isn't somebody there investigating that and if found an emergency to not just Japan but the world - why is nobody forcing ACTION upon this? They don't want to clean it up or admit there is a problem because of cultural ego?

What?
This is a mad world.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I am a nuke worker for the navy , so I know a little bit about this stuff . So that's why I throw out the questions on these post . I have traveled there a couple of times , right after the quake . Everyone had to go get a full body scan when returning home and everyone was clean . Levels did rise on the west coast initially but have returned to normal background levels . You get some radon in the mornings but that is normal . I am not here to argue with you all I just think there is too much speculation from the general public . Cheers !

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Which is why you send the UN in there with a qualified team to ascertain whether or not there is a problem to be addressed.. Right?

I mean who oversees this stuff?

Cirque

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
its imposible water sea boiled because of nuclear leak..to much water to boil..i think its a fog from melting stuff..scary..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Why is it impossible? I understand that such a large body of water boiling at any point could be unlikely, but impossible? When lava runs into the ocean is boils the area it hits, why can't the same thing be said for extremely hot radioactive waste runoff going into the ocean?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

I will respect your view and your service, my 5 years in the reactor room sucked. 3 cores in the earth, feeding approx 400 tons of contaminated cooling water into the earth and ocean every day since March 2011. Thousands of spent, but effective cores stored in cooling pools that have the capacity to destroy any life for many years, water containment tanks that leak just months after constructed, A company that still will not cut the truth loose upon the people, and these governments know whats going on, there is not a darn thing they can do short of Edgar Casey's quote, "Japan must go into the ocean". Sorry, but I do not believe their silence.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by cheesy

Why is it impossible? I understand that such a large body of water boiling at any point could be unlikely, but impossible? When lava runs into the ocean is boils the area it hits, why can't the same thing be said for extremely hot radioactive waste runoff going into the ocean?

i am sory my friend if i wrong..i dont mean like that, but this fukhusima radiation water already leak for years into sea..and not boiling water like this..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I may be wrong, but hasn't the radioactive runoff been increasing in overall temperature since it started running into the ocean?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/od8YYkbp37npKwEpqDfd7A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTY1MztweW9mZj0wO3E9ODU7dz05NjA-/h ttp://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/15e37f012072141c3b0f6a7067007c77.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.yahoo.com/japan-nuclear-watchdog-may-raise-lea k-serious-151711322.html&usg=__W7fbVPCuWQEXYddMu6NcGfkLQxE=&h=653&w=960&sz=205&hl=en&start=26&sig2=An-CDwkc5vz4wcxvyKFVHw&zoom=1&tbnid=SIkHmSsXPl1bWM: &tbnh=101&tbnw=148&ei=YGchUufoC6Oy2wWA_oBI&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsea%2Bwater%2Bboiled%2Bnuclear%2Bleak%26start%3D20%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbm%3Disch&it bs=1&sa=X&ved=0CBIQrQMwBTgU
news.yahoo.com/japan-nuclear-watchdog-may-raise-leak-serious-151711322.html

i fund this image but from 21 august..ist related?
edit on 30-8-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by cheesy

I may be wrong, but hasn't the radioactive runoff been increasing in overall temperature since it started running into the ocean?

yes! you right sir! something fishy down here..
if sea water boiled then the building will melted into ground..really scary..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2013 by cheesy because: sory mod..double post

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Not so you'd notice.
The ocean is a very good heat sink and, while dangerous to living things, the radiation levels of the contaminated water are not nearly high enough to produce heating effects.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join