It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone recommend some good movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

reply to post by Hocus-Focus

I just watched Take Shelter based on the suggestion here. I really didn't understand the very end of the movie.

A good movie I recently watched was Mysterious Skin. It's really thought provoking.

IMBD

Brian Lackey is determined to discover what happened during an amnesia blackout when he was eight years old, and then later woke with a bloody nose. He believes he was abducted by aliens, and N. McCormick, a fellow player on Brian's childhood baseball team, may be the key as to exactly what happened that night. As Brian searches for the truth and tries to track him down, Neil McCormick takes up hustling and moves to New York, in attempts to forget childhood memories that haunt him. Together, the two of them uncover the terrible truth of the scars they share.

You can watch it on Youtube in 8 parts if you want. Start at the beginning with this one here.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm a movie guy, and I agree most new movies are crap.

however i will reccomend some you WILL enjoy. as I find it so hard to find anything worthwhile these days.

Lawless; a recent release about prohibition era moonshiners, it will keep you engaged start through finish, in my opinion, a true classic.

The Prestige; with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale as rivaling magicians, made by the same director who made batman trilogy. Will you figure out the secret ??

the Fountain: if you like romantic sci-fi this is for you. hard to explain/understand, ... yet so beautiful and heartfelt.

The Departed; a new classic about boston gangsters.

X-men first class, ..... wether your a fan of the franchise or not, ... this movie will captivate from finish til end, ive seen it at least five times.

Moneyball a new classic about baseball and the Oakland Athletics attempt to rewrite the game, true story. amazing movie.

watch a few of those and come back at me, ... ill keep you fresh son.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Memento
Snatch
12 Monkeys
SE7EN
Reservoir Dogs

There is a lot of good movies to list here just a few off the top of my head that I like!!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi I would recommend king Arthur,avatar and remember the titans or just thinking de ja vu sorry if spelling is a bit off don't know if you have seen the tv series band of brothers im a massive fan and I watch from time to time hope you like them!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Day Time Ended (1980)

old skool alien/ufo flick complete with farmhouse and all.
edit on 10-9-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hocus-Focus

Primal Fear was so excellent!

Anyway idk if these came out after the 2k or before (edit on 2nd thoughts these are most likely after Y2K,sorry)but if you want to laugh:The Boondock Saints...Snatch...and Knocked Up(comedy) just off the top of my head.
You won't regret the time you spent watching these anyway,the 1st 2 are damn good+has many parts funnier than a straight-up comedy.
In The Boondock Saints-that part where they're sitting by the table,Rocco+the 2 brothers+the cat..well give em a look-see,maybe you'll enjoy these flics as much as we did.

edit on 11-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Pretty good movie..survival after nuclear war...."The Road"
edit on 11-9-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Why can't you watch movies after 2000? that's weird. That's when most of the best movies were made because they had so much more digital capabilities.

Watch: The Great Gatsby with Leonardo Decaprio. that was a good movie!

old ones:
The time machine (1960)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xcellante

Yes they did a good job on Odd Thomas! My daughter and I thought Stormy's character was a bit "off" but aside from that,it was really nicely done.I seriously wish they would do the same for two of his other books,Fear Nothing and the sequel,Seize the Night.Have you read those? I could'nt put either down till I was finished.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I saw that movie quite a long while ago,but at times even now,some scene from it will pop into my mind-very haunting+grim,but excellent.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Great movie I saw recently, even if it was made after 2000: Atonement. Full of symbolism and has one of the greatest scenes I've ever seen, a five plus minute tracking shot of the scene at Dunkirk when the British army was waiting to be rescued.

It's worth it for that scene alone but if you like artsy fartsy flicks this is as artsy fartsy as they get. I watched it just because it was on, didn't know a bloody thing about it and was blown away. I dig flicks of this sort. Your mileage may vary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join