It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Truth about Government Investments and Bankruptcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you are familiar with CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports) then this will just be more information and an actual mayor answering questions about the financial records, the apparent need to raise taxes to pay for the police! Then he admits to all this CAFR information.

Most people are unaware that your City, State, Federal Government, School systems keep double books legally. The people are aware of the General Budget, but most have no clue about the larger financial picture which is captured via the CAFR which each group MUST file yearly.

I hope you can see how the mayor tries to dance around the hundreds of millions available at the councils discretion and then implies if you don't want your taxes raised you somehow don't care about the communities needs!

He is basing raising taxes because of a 13 million dollar short fall when he could have shifted some money from these open funds and still have 280+ million available.

I share these two videos for you to learn more about the CAFR if this is new to you, and a solution to our massive economic mess via a new system Mr. Burien explains.

This is a short primer for those who are unaware of how CAFR's work and what they reveal:

The Corporation Nation is the United States of America, U.S. Incorporated. The United States is comprised of over 185,000 incorporated state, county, city, town, municipality, district, councils, school district, pension fund, enterprise operation, lottery, alcohol monopoly, and many other private and for-profit corporations, which have mistakenly been called our “representative government”. The hidden wealth and investment totals for all of these “collective” 185,000 corporations (governments), when added together, equate to well over 100 trillion dollars, over 26 trillion in just pension fund investment assets. A trillion dollars is a million million.
Read more

This is a really long documentary done by Clint Richardson about CAFR's

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I confess I've only gotten through the first two videos so far, but the Mayor's explination seemed reasonable. It makes sense that a county should have a rainy day fund for things like natural disaster, lawsuits, and other emergencies. And $280 million doesn't seem to excessive for county the size of Salt Lake. I can see where a fund like that would have to grow every year because of inflation.

Now, if they facing a $13 million shortfall, they could cover it out of the emergency fund, but what about next year? What if the shortfall increases? Add in a couple of blizzards and a few lawsuits and the emergency fund could be hit hard. If you have a shortfall in the budget you will eventually have to cut spending and raise taxes, and Salt Lake did make spending cuts already.

I really can't believe I am on this side of this discussion. I think I need a drink.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

You really need to watch the third and fourth video. Mr. Burien has a solution to this problem, and it's elegantly simple. The fourth video is really long, but lays things out in such a way that anyone who watches it will be very upset and yet understand just what a swindle has been going on and how to fix this.

The lies are so pervasive, and the major media has known about this for eons! They have helped to keep it hush hush and thus the American people duped.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I will watch the videos when I get some time. I'm really interested in this. I know cities have assets they tend to keep under the radar, notably real estate or other investments, that they could use to cover short term fiscal problems. But usually the first reaction is to raise taxes in some fashion.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What really bothers me is that most people's eyes glaze over when finance and economics is discussed and yet, I truly believe if they would give themselves 10 hours to really investigate this they would see we could change the world in an amazing way if we just understood how we have been conned, how we are being used, and how WE have the power to stop it and make it a win/win for everyone.

Of course the politicians are not going to want to admit this con job because they fear the people killing them outright, but honestly, don't we just want to fix this and move on? Well, some sure as hell don't they got theirs!

top topics

join