It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Remember how J. Edgar Hoover had all that blackmail material on folk and it allowed him to stay in power through various administrations who actually loathed him?

…Late in life and after his death Hoover became a controversial figure, as evidence of his secretive actions became known. His critics have accused him of exceeding the jurisdiction of the FBI.[1] He used the FBI to harass political dissenters and activists, to amass secret files on political leaders,[2] and to collect evidence using illegal methods.[3] Hoover consequently amassed a great deal of power and was in a position to intimidate and threaten sitting Presidents.

en.wikipedia.org...

Remember how we've been pointed to evidence that various NSA folk couldn't resist the temptation to spy on their lovers with the technology at their disposal? Hmmm...you think power-mongers would stop there?

NSA Officers Spy on Love-Interests

Remember how Eisenhower warned us of the Military-Industrial Complex?

Remember how we haven't seen any real or ethical/moral "change" from Bush to Obama?

Remember how unstressed Obama used to look? He looks absolutely HAGGARD today. He looks like he knows he's about to be the "fall-guy."

We've been hijacked. By whom? Somebunny with across-the-board control of the kind of "intelligence" that insures "puppets." Do the math.

God help you Constitution-killing jerks when Justice catches up with you.

edit on 30-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It has always been my assumption that the President is a figure head only, A fall guy to change out when ever people get too upset with whats going on.

This is as good an explanation as any ive seen.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I agree. Remember on 9/11 when Bush was told the news? He already knew what was happening.
He was totally under the thumb very much like Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thanks, benri. I appreciate your "big ones" here and elsewhere on the boards.

The fear-mongers have made it hard for folk to speak up and speak out in the last 10 yrs or so.

As such, I appreciate, and hope to live up to, the willingness and admirable character of those who do speak their mind. Respect, Sir.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wish I could remember his name, but around the time of the "surge" into Iraq, one of the retired army generals repeated the same warning about the military industrial complex, saying we had more to fear from them within our own borders, than any "religious fanatics" on foreign soil.....

This is kind of a closed box, though, I think, for exactly the reasons you have stated. The president, as Benrl put it, is nothing but a figurehead, a puppet, for show, primarily, and sometimes to be the fall guy. I think he makes very few of the decisions, and further, I think who they next one is going to be is planned long before it occurs.....
that's how "covered" and pre-planned., imo, it is. Is it really the NSA, or are they a front for another, unnamed group, a shadow NSA, if you will.....

It's almost as though there is two of everything and everyone, functioning on some different levels, but the level higher than us and in control, is so out of sight and any public purview (or the government we see) that there is no breaking through this veil.

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Sorry to be so pessimistic.

A lot of good and merit-worthy thoughts there, tetra. As usual. Pessimistic? It's hard not to be considering the repeat of history that faces us these days.

I have a feeling, though, that it will all come out in the wash...as the saying goes. As history, also, teaches us, eh.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you ever need a "vote" in a situation where you are given no vote…remember this:

@ 1:00:

What does that have to do with this subject? Nuthin'...maybe...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I think it's all kinds of ironic- the fears of the past becoming the realities of the present. Word to the NSA guys though- if my old man worked at the NSA he'd be an idiot not to use every avenue available to him to keep tabs on me.....I'm a trouble maker like that.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
I agree. Remember on 9/11 when Bush was told the news? He already knew what was happening.
He was totally under the thumb very much like Obama.

Thanks for weighing in, EA...I salute you!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by The GUT

I think it's all kinds of ironic- the fears of the past becoming the realities of the present. Word to the NSA guys though- if my old man worked at the NSA he'd be an idiot not to use every avenue available to him to keep tabs on me.....I'm a trouble maker like that.

He knows better, I'm sure. I'd also bet that he's just happy to be on board, super-granny-fox. I know I'd be.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have had a very negative assessment of Obama's Presidency, but I am beginning to believe that he has been a man held hostage. If he doesn't do in Syria what the 'military-intelligence-pharmaceutical-industrial complex' wants i.e., war, then I expect that they would simply assassinate him and put their longtime puppet Joe Biden in his place. Given Obama's physical appearance alone he clearly is not a man having a jolly good time of it.

If he is a man held hostage, it is still his choice to allow himself to be manipulated rather than speak the truth and do what is right and face the consequences no matter how costly.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melekim
I have had a very negative assessment of Obama's Presidency, but I am beginning to believe that he has been a man held hostage. If he doesn't do in Syria what the 'military-intelligence-pharmaceutical-industrial complex' wants i.e., war, then I expect that they would simply assassinate him and put their longtime puppet Joe Biden in his place. Given Obama's physical appearance alone he clearly is not a man having a jolly good time of it.

If he is a man held hostage, it is still his choice to allow himself to be manipulated rather than speak the truth and do what is right and face the consequences no matter how costly.

While I believe Obama was already a "puppet," I also believe he'd really not rather do the dirty that he's about to do. He really does look "forced" into it.

I keep looking at the footage and the dude is mega-STRESSED!! Looks like they really are gonna blame it on the "black guy" after all. What a dishonorable, unforgivable, shame on the traitors behind this.

After the way Obama took a true hero's name--MLK--in vain a few days ago, however, it's hard not to consider that he deserves it.

I actually started to feel somewhat sorry for Obama today, though (first time ever.) He doesn't wanna...but I don't think he was given much of a choice. I hope I'd choose to resist the warmongers, but, then again, most of us wouldn't have prostituted our values enough to be in the situation he seems to be in the first place.

Excellent post, imo, Melekim. Thank You.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

S & F

I have felt this myself and have stated such elsewhere on ATS. It makes much sense. So many of the apparatchiks in these intel agencies are bent on carving out a fiefdom for themselves and their fellow kool aid drinkers within the federal bureaucracy.

I think they believe what they do is so important, things like the Constitution and their fellow Americans become obstacles to overcome rather than that which they are supposed to support. If they have to play dirty hard ball to keep their funding coming, so be it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
I have felt this myself and have stated such elsewhere on ATS. It makes much sense.

I might have gotten the genesis of the thought from you. Thanks. Wherever it came from it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I've been rereading an oldie but goody: The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence by Victor Marchetti and John Marks.

According to that book, and other solid historical sources, Dulles, and other idgits, embarrassingly failed in most of their attempts to build a true intelligence-counter-intelligence apparatus. They steadily, however, began to to usurp our values by the increased use of covert action and thusly meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations the world over. Sadly, it continues to this day. This very day.

We have had MANY true patriots--and I hope we still do--providing solid intelligence evaluations to our leaders. Unfortunately those leaders, or their military-industrial complex bosses, for the most part ignored those solid intelligence evaluations and diplomacy, for the expediency of slutty covert actions. Our true intelligence heroes even identified and warned us about blowback, which the warmongers have routinely and imperiously ignored to our world-wide shame and detriment.

Even though he was maligned, and defined, in the above book, former CIA head William Colby decided to "come clean" and honor and acknowledge former CIA professional Victor Marchetti's assertions in his own memoirs:

Socially as well as professionally they cliqued together, forming a sealed fraternity. They ate together at their own special favorite restaurants; they partied almost only among themselves; their families drifted to each other, so their defenses did not always have to be up. In this way they increasingly separated themselves from the ordinary world and developed a rather skewed view of that world.

Their own dedicated double life became the proper norm, and they looked down on the life of the rest of the citizenry. And out of this grew what was later named -- and condemned -- as the "cult" of intelligence, an inbred, distorted, elitist view of intelligence that held it to be above the normal processes of society, with its own rationale and justification, beyond the restraints of the Constitution, which applied to everything and everyone else.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

I sincerely salute our intelligence professionals that tried, against the tide, to make an honorable difference in the world. Thank You! Screw the rest of you shallow unethical buttheads.

I hope we have some in the ranks that, yet, believe still in their Constitutional oaths.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I remeber back in 2008, after Obama had nearly locked the Democratic nomination. The press corp following were tricked onto a plane to Chicago without him. Coincidentally, the Bilderbergers are meeting nearby. After that, his positions on issues began to morph. Before, he talked of bringing the troops in the Middle East home in a matter of months. After, his position slowly changed to "leaving it up to the commanders on the ground." The same position McCain had.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
...After that, his positions on issues began to morph. Before, he talked of bringing the troops in the Middle East home in a matter of months. After, his position slowly changed to "leaving it up to the commanders on the ground." The same position McCain had.

Is there a recognizable pattern here? Point taken, Victor. I mean barring the war-whores like McCain who are ALWAYS ready for some death and destruction. Cheerleader of doom that little messed-up jerk, McCain. He's a victim of covert action policy (read Vietnam), too, it seems, so I'll try and have some compassion for his sadly-damaged PTSD head.

Obama just might have been egotistical enough to believe in his own rhetoric and might have, in spite of his of his handlers, really thought he would bring our cadre home. "Might," I said. Something like a political "Stockholm Syndrome." It's easier to believe one's rhetoric and justify one's shallowness than actually look in the deep dark truthful mirror.

The reality though, as you and this thread assert, for the politicos, looks like it might be game-over when faced with the shadow-folk that retain their power as various administrations come and go.

edit on 31-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Here is some food for thought. John Brennan. Remember when those Presidential Candidates passports were hacked? He owned the company. The guy is a stain that just wont come out. What is his trick to all ways stay in power. Black mail and spying..

Michael Hastings Was Investigating John Brennan's Role in Press Crackdown Before His Death
reason.com...

John Brennan was put in charge of leaks. Even the passport spying at Brennan's own company was left up to him to investigate.
edit on 31-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
John Brennan was put in charge of leaks. Even the passport spying at Brennan's own company was left up to him to investigate

Kind of like putting the fired-by-JFK-and butt-hurt CIA chief Allen Dulles on the Warren Commission ain't it? Every time a real question came up, he interjected with some off-the-wall non-pertinent idiocy.

Was he really that stupid of an investigator? If so, no wonder where we're at today. If he was a genius at deflection, however: No wonder where we're at today.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Anybody have that black lash card handy from the Illuminati card game?

This 4 year term presidency is brilliant when you think about it.

One president screws up, population hates him and never gets back in office. Then another one comes along. He screws up, then he gets hated by the populace. Then another president gets elected. It's genius.

But what I think works so great about it is, is it keeps people away from the corruption at the core. It keeps people thinking the President is screwing everything up but in reality it's the people behind the curtain. And no I'm not going to get into secret society's, but If I had to name the where most of the corruption and deceit lies, it's most likely the Federal Reserve.

With a Central Bank you can have endless wars and completely enslave the country with debt. No one questions the Federal Reserve. Even though one of the primary reasons we had a Revolution in 1776 was because of the British Central bank that completely screwed over the colonists with debt.

It really makes you wonder if America's revolution was planned in advance and this country was set up to be the very thing we have today, Rome 2.0, just with a little more "freedom".

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skjord
It really makes you wonder if America's revolution was planned in advance and this country was set up to be the very thing we have today, Rome 2.0, just with a little more "freedom".

Whatever, whoever, the soulless cat(s) are that sit behind the curtain and stink like sulphur...I bet they won't like it, after all, when the big girl sings.

Karma, like Gravity...it gets us all in the end, eh? What goes around...

edit on 31-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join