It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smiley/Emoticon Redesign: Cooperative Member Involved Project (SERCMIP)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

stormdancer777
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I wasn't sure what some of them meant either.

what does this mean?
edit on 063030p://bTuesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

it means "do u feel lucky? PUNK!"

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

what does this mean?

Sadly, he is only there to kill the thumbs-up guy...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

Zarniwoop

But, the problem is that ATS peeps LOVE the old emot's

Here's my take on the new emot's.
They are clean and modern, and in that respect I like them.....very minimalist
...but I'm not sure what all of them mean.

just don't have enough difference ...not seeing laughing and great happiness.....
and I miss thumbs down..... and this one

The emot's we had...well, damn.....they're all most of us ever knew

edit on Tue Sep 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

I think it is just like the initial reaction the membership had when they first tried 5/3. It seems like a lot of people are beginning to like the new version, as they become more familiar.

I think, given enough time, members would eventually warm-up to, and eventually prefer, the new emoticon set.

I do trust the general membership and the staff of ATS, so I have a good feeling that any changes to the smilies will be 'A-OK' - I hope

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
IMHO, the most important factor of any emoticons is that they actually EMOTE...add feeling, tone, intent or context to our text...besides just being cool or funny or clean. The old ones did that and that's the real test for any new ones. To me. If we can't tell what it is or what it means, then it does nothing to add to a post.

In fact, this one is just annoying, lol!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Keep in mind that we may end up with 2 or 3 additional member-defined color schemes... which may also effect the smilies. That's why I originally selected a smiley @web-font.

If someone's clever enough to make nice smilies as a TrueType font... we might even pay for it.

Plus, the "web" desperately needs such a thing.

THIS is something I would like to work on (no payment, please). it obviously would take a little more than just whipping out some stuff in png format.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Why can't we do away with the emoticons provided and just go with what Sublimecraft's provided on page two? Do they take up more bandwidth?

Only curious, but I'm sure that the majority do not like the current ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think he is looking for an ideal solution. I dunno...i just like making stuff. It feels good, and I would enjoy giving back to ATS for all the free entertainment they have given to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well, stop enjoying yourself and get back to work! We have people anxiously waiting.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Well, stop enjoying yourself and get back to work! We have people anxiously waiting.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Yeah. They turned off the light at the end of the tunnel to save money.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

For what it's worth, those are my favorite (resized, of course lol).

Clean, concise, a good variety, and I can understand the feeling they are conveying.

My favorite is the heart!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

stormdancer777
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I wasn't sure what some of them meant either.

what does this mean?
edit on 063030p://bTuesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

it means "do u feel lucky? PUNK!"

OH!
really?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

kosmicjack
IMHO, the most important factor of any emoticons is that they actually EMOTE...add feeling, tone, intent or context to our text...besides just being cool or funny or clean. The old ones did that and that's the real test for any new ones. To me. If we can't tell what it is or what it means, then it does nothing to add to a post.

In fact, this one is just annoying, lol!

This.

Excellent way of explaining it. Please applaud yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am curious what happened to loam......

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am curious what happened to loam......

He's prolly in a meeting. convincing a pointy-haired boss either to or not to do something completely irrelevant

I actually banged these out on powerpoint...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

AshleyD

bigfatfurrytexan

For what it's worth, those are my favorite (resized, of course lol).

Clean, concise, a good variety, and I can understand the feeling they are conveying.

My favorite is the heart!

Yep not bad, not bad at all...beats the ones we have with a very ugly stick or perhaps a punch to the smiley throat!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Klassified

kosmicjack

This.

Excellent way of explaining it. Please applaud yourself.

Agreed totally.
As I said, I like the minimalism of them.....but they're not growing on me like I thought they would...for the reasons KJ stated.....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hey, BT!

On the smilies I quoted above, is it possible to get an:

1). Eye roll smiley
2). 'Duh' smiley
3). Make the devil look more mischievous? He just looks sad/mad and I think most would use that emoticon when they are being cheeky or mischievous.

And I miss the eye roll and duh smilies the most. lol

Oh, and make the tear more noticeable on the crying smilie. Once they are resized, I could barely see it.
edit on 9/11/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I like these too. A suggestion (related to AshleyD's request) on the devil horns, bfft:

What would it look like to pull them down further on the sides of the head OR alternately, have them start ON the circle of the head and END where you have them - a bit of devilsh curve would be appreciated too, even though I rarely use the devil...

- AB

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

AboveBoard

What would it look like to pull them down further on the sides of the head OR alternately, have them start ON the circle of the head and END where you have them - a bit of devilsh curve would be appreciated too, even though I rarely use the devil...

Well, now there is a way to make them bigger....start them inside the circle

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

AboveBoard

Well, now there is a way to make them bigger....start them inside the circle

I would also like to see the Devil with a bit of a mischievous smile - perhaps a V shape??
I like the goatee on "sunglasses dude" too...

I know I'm stepping into the kitchen, tasting the dish and commenting "needs salt, and how about a dash more spice?" which is totally annoying on one hand, BUT I Hope bfft will take the suggestions as helpful - not trying to spoil the cookin' !

Um. BFFT RULES! GO SOONERS!!!!

- AB

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join