posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
I really appreciate the member effort on new smilies. It's something for which I simply don't have the time.
But please, before you go making a slew of smilies, run them past me first. There are a few considerations that must be taken into account:
1) two colors/versions for each UI option (dark/light)
2) high contrast and able to scale down to 32x32 pixels (or smaller) and still be immediately discernible as to which emoticon it represents
3) Match existing colors in use on the site in either the current smilies, or UI
4) Mostly flat in design -- limited shading, and now shadows
5) all the same physical box size... they can all be rectangular or square, but should all be the same aspect ratio
Here's one I experimented with last week, and represents the likely final size:
It's based on a Photoshop smilies template I purchased and can provide to anyone who asks.
edit on 1-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no
edit on 1-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)