It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry praises French, snubs British on Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by Sharingan

Maybe Britain should tell Mr Kerry that The US carn't lease Ascension Island and Diego Garcia military bases from the UK any longer.
He should ask The French if they have anything available instead

Lol, I could care less, Im no fan of this administration and Im sick of my country being in a perpetual war. Personally I think we have way to many bases spread out across the world.
We are pretty much the only country that does this to this great of an extent

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What do you expect from a guy who couldn't even beat one of the most unpopular Presidents of all time (Bush) ?

Pretending to be close buddies with France now...this is an embarrassment anyone can see through.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by liveandlearn

France did not do that out of the goodness of their hearts. Just like our leaders at the moment are not pushing for Syrian intervention out of the goodness of their hearts.

They hated England at the time.

Absolutely true they did come to 'our aid', but anyone having an over romanticized view of that ?

Well.

Don't have anything against France either.
edit on 30-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

No over romanticized view. Just a fact as that is what I deal with best. No one goes to war without an agenda aimed for self.

Would we have won without them? Never know.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sharingan

alldaylong

Maybe Britain should tell Mr Kerry that The US carn't lease Ascension Island and Diego Garcia military bases from the UK any longer.

Lol, I could care less, Im no fan of this administration and Im sick of my country being in a perpetual war. Personally I think we have way to many bases spread out across the world.

On a more serious note, Diego Garcia is used by The US to launch bombing raids on Afghanistan. Would they need it to mount air attacks on Syria?
As a British Overseas Territory, that could put The UK in an awkward position after last nights vote in Parliament.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I actually greatly respect the British Parliament for their decision to opt out of military intervention in Syria. Our own administration should take heed as well. And I'm insulted on the behalf of the British, who have been our closest allies for decades.

More than 50 percent of Americans do not wish to involve our country in this mess (or should I say, cluster****). Take a hint people (AKA Obama and his cronies). Have our soldiers not shed enough blood fighting wars that we should never have been involved in?

Enough with the constant war and warmongering. And if this administration gives the greenlight for this war without Congressional and U.N approval, then they need to be dealt with. Enough is enough. Hell, I think that they need to be dealt with regardless. Seriously, what is it going to take to get these people out of office?

And speaking of Congress. When the Congressional approval rating is at a robust 13 percent, methinks something needs to be done in order to rectify that. As in, most of them should be removed and sent to places very far away. Somewhere in Antarctica sounds pleasant.

Now I do agree that something should be done about this situation. Someone used chemical weapons, there's no question about that. And I honestly think that both sides of this conflict should be dealt with. Neither side is innocent, and both have shed innocent blood. But is going to war the only answer?

edit on 30-8-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

alldaylong

Sharingan

alldaylong

On a more serious note, Diego Garcia is used by The US to launch bombing raids on Afghanistan. Would they need it to mount air attacks on Syria?
As a British Overseas Territory, that could put The UK in an awkward position after last nights vote in Parliament.

Interesting point. When 'worm on a hook' clegg was giving his final pre-vote speech he was asked to rule out 'direct action'. He did. Then he was asked to rule out 'indirect action' and evaded. Then he was asked again and said 'moving on' while cameron made a pained expression in the background.

If it happens UK bases probably will get used on the basis that its not a direct UK military action.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Thats a good point but i dont think they are planning bombing runs just yet, since most of the ships in the Med are Missile Frigates.
Maybe, theyll be used to buy time until we can get a Carrier in the area.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Gatestone Institue
Here is a link to read but I am not going to include any quotes, make of it what you will...

I too am pleased that my government said NO, at least I think that is what they said.Canada has no plans to enter conflict but supports the allies responding...We will all take it up the GASS on this one anyway. yipee

edit on 8/30/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

astr0
This ^^^ Absolutely. The US is rolling for the fight, and I for one am damn glad some in the UK political scene grew a damn backbone and said 'no, we are not allowing you to do another Tony Bliar on us or the nations armed forces'.

Yeah, I've been pretty proud of our Brit brothers and sisters. Kudos!

I have also considered that the Brit politicos might just be smart enough to back away from the REAL history that be might recorded in spite of Kerry's BS rhetoric...if there is anyone to record history after this crap that is.

Kerry and the other idgit puppet war-hawks need to remember that "history" doesn't always go their way. The guillotines and Nuremberg trials come to mind.

Not that those events were without controversy...just that it ended up badly for some of the "elite," eh?

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math

A LOT of important questions for America to discuss in light of current events...how unfortunate that the new ats layout was unrolled today. Makes it harder.

edit on 30-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow so unlike with Iraq, France is going to actually aid us and Briton is going to sit it out. How the times have changed. I am just shocked
how much use Obama has put our military assets to. He sure has earned that Noble Peace Prize
The only people who seem to want this Syrian attack are Obama and his cronies and old fool's like McCain.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A lot is normally made of where an attack was launched, especially if it was launched from an allies territory.

I believe a US base abroad is technically US soil, still the airspace isn't and I can't see the UK allowing anything that might be seen as UK participation.

The US generally has many different ways of launching attacks and from many other locations. They often choose to use an allies territory to launch from purely I believe for political reasons.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sharingan

Thats a good point but i dont think they are planning bombing runs just yet, since most of the ships in the Med are Missile Frigates.
Maybe, theyll be used to buy time until we can get a Carrier in the area.

The best option would have been to use the British base in Cyprus. However i would assume that option has now been made unavailable.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
To be honest, I doubt any of us Brits care whether we are Americas "best friend".

I couldn't care less about your government, and I am proud of mine (never thought I would say that) for standing firm and saying no.

I do care about my American friends, and I truly feel sorry for them having to put up with what they do in your country.

If things go pear shaped when they strike Syria, and they need a couple of type-45 destroyers to bail them out, I hope my government keeps on standing their ground.

The only reason they got Bin Laden was because they sought help and advice from the British SBS...they would have been screwed full stop in the ME without us (and other coalition countries).

Do these things no longer matter because just this once we said no??

The whole lot of them need to face a firing squad, God help you America, I hope your leaders don't drag you down with them, you certainly don't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
To be honest, I doubt any of us Brits care whether we are Americas "best friend".

I couldn't care less about your government, and I am proud of mine (never thought I would say that) for standing firm and saying no.

I do care about my American friends, and I truly feel sorry for them having to put up with what they do in your country.

If things go pear shaped when they strike Syria, and they need a couple of type-45 destroyers to bail them out, I hope my government keeps on standing their ground.

The only reason they got Bin Laden was because they sought help and advice from the British SBS...they would have been screwed full stop in the ME without us (and other coalition countries).

Do these things no longer matter because just this once we said no??

The whole lot of them need to face a firing squad, God help you America, I hope your leaders don't drag you down with them, you certainly don't deserve it.

Our Government didn't say "No" The House Of Commons did.
Cameron as leader of The Government wanted us to be involved as did Clegg his deputy.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I guess Kerry is a little gutted that us Brits won't come out to play as we have to stay in and do our homework.

(Read UN reports, listen to what the public want, hold votes on action, watch the football)

If he's this quick to snub the UK, it kinda says a lot about his character.

eee.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I was referring to them as a whole, I know it was the house of commons, but lets face it, it was the Tories who said no that swayed the vote.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I was referring to them as a whole, I know it was the house of commons, but lets face it, it was the Tories who said no that swayed the vote.

And the 9 Liberal Democrats.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If they go along with the elites war plans, they are our best allies, if they go against it, we snub them with food items like Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast.

It does not matter who is in power in our Government when war is concerned.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
John Kerry. Some posters here are too young to remember the junk John Kerry has pulled over the years. Here are a few threads and other links about John Kerry and 'WINTER SOLDIER'. For those who don't know what it is ... read up. John 'winter soldier' Kerry ...

Kerry Lied about Christmas in Cambodia

John Winter Soldier Kerry as Secretary of State

John Kerrys Book - The New Soldier

Investigate the Winter Soldier Investigation
Winter Soldier .. Key Points
John Kerry - Busted by Historians

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

And the 9 Liberal Democrats.

Oh shut up Meg

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join