It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating Prisons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think that floating prisons would not work. One problem would be that it would possibly leak in water from the ocean or some other water source. Another reason for example if there was possibly a dock and boats (for patrol purposes) the immates could escape and get into the boats and be free. Of course there are many other reasons too, but those are just what I think.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RENEGADE CELL

Which brings me to my next thing...... Britain is to have its own kind of FBI the name of it?? well its sadly called the SCA (SERIOUS CRIME AGENCY!!!) very deadly

They said we were getting an FBI when they formed the NCS (National CRime Squad).
I'm no expert, but i don't think we need yet another agency.

Cheers for the info Zero. I must've recycled the newspaper the ship was in.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RENEGADE CELL
And digging too far and finding a Reptilian civilisation!! OOOOPS!!

ROFL LOL!!!
Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I say we should evacuate some island or islands and send them all there and only air drop supplies in and have ships from various navies patrol off of the coast. Safe for everyone not a prisoner!

Hehe, sounds like someone's been watching No Escape a little too much. good movie though, Ray Liotta is cool

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hasn't everyone forgotten that this was tried very commonly back in the 1600's to the 1800's????!???!?! Look at the book "Great Expectations" and they refer to the ship (commonly called "the hulks") that was a prison. Yes this has been tried before many times and works, and also it provides a place for old ships that aren't used anymore to be instead used for prisoners not for scrap.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You "all" keep mentioning staff. Heres my .02
Bikini Atoll, drop all Violent offenders/lifers there, there are mines in the water, the USN regularly patrols offshore at a safe distance since its still highly radioactive. Send them food? what for? Staff? why waste money and endanger theiir lives? If they desire to continue living, let them find a way, they desecrated society with their behavior, let them atone through self sustanance. Use the prisons we have now for the stupid criminals, ie lock down for your 2nd offense DUI, petty theft, jay walkers with multiple stupid misdemeanor offenses prior. nothing too serious, punishment should fit the crime. Prison and the death penalty arent meant for deterrent, they are meant for PUNISHMENT. Violate society, and you are banished to a place that looks like paradise, but is Hell on earth. I dont think a ship would be a good idea, at least not out at sea, I for one would try to find a way to sink the scum to the bottom. Im a heartless b@$ when it comes to some criminals, at least ones that truly take away from society, murderers, rapists, child molestors. If you swim away from the island, youre shot in the legs, left to bleed and attract sharks. You were a predator once, now the predators will decide if you should have the mercy you didnt have for your victim.
Rehab is for addicts, not criminals

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
When we get to the Moon, prisons should be built there, then their would be no point in trying to escape, you'd only die...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Frankly, that ship, the Weare, looks like a floating death trap to me. I can only imagine what would happen if that ship were to start leaking. With that high COG, it wouldn�t take much to tip it over.

The COG of the ship is most likely not as high as you would imagine. Also the stability has to meet international standards (from the International Maritime Organisation) in both intact and damaged conditions.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i think it is a great idea but just think about the poor people who will have to work on it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join