It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appeals court says White House visitor logs can be kept from public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well 'Mr. Transparency' has done it again I see.

The Federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia says the White House doesn't have to make visitor logs public if they don't want to.

Now Obama can continue to keep his deep secret visitors a big secret !!

President Obama and his successors in the Oval Office are not obligated to make public the names of individuals visiting the White House, according to a decision of the federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia made public Friday.

The case was brought by Judicial Watch, the government watchdog nonprofit that has been fighting a long legal battle seeking to force release of the White House visitor logs as public records under the Freedom of Information Act.

But in a decision that is drawing intense criticism from across the ideological spectrum, the circuit court said the president has a "constitutional perogative" not to tell the American people who he or his staff meets with in the White House.

Melanie Sloan, CREW's executive director, said the "White House visitor records have proven of enormous value to the public in exposing the outside influences brought to bear on presidential decisions and policies. With this ruling, that window on the White House is now shut."

Appeals court says White House visitor logs can be kept from public

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Im not suprised.

Really- I have no words- and that does not happen that often.

This guy is a traitor to our nations best interests.

He is above scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
hahahahaha, poor clinton i bet he is wishing that he had thought of keeping the visitor log top secret classified, if he had there would have been no proof that monica ever visited him at the whitehouse.

ETA: I don`t blame obama for all these shady unconstitutional things that he is doing, I blame the courts that are letting him do it, obama is just doing what the courts will let him get away with.
It`s pretty obvious that the courts have been bought and are doing what they are told to do.
If a judge is afraid to blow the whistle the least he or she should do is step down from the court so that they aren`t involved in these shenanigans.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

President Obama and his successors in the Oval Office are not obligated to make public the names of individuals visiting the White House, according to a decision of the federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia made public Friday.

Oh hell yes they are. After making the arrogant statements about how 'the current administration is the most transparent in US history'.

Yet another nail that bursts that demagogic bubble.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's bull-smell!

Utter bull-smell!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wait, we (the public) own the White House and pay the Obama's salary. What I don't get is that if they didn't want the public to know about a visitor, they could probably just sneak them in through tunnels and pretend "it never happened".

This (to me) seems like a big middle finger to the people of America. Sort of a, "We can do whatever we want, so there". Attitude.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Wait, we (the public) own the White House and pay the Obama's salary. What I don't get is that if they didn't want the public to know about a visitor, they could probably just sneak them in through tunnels and pretend "it never happened".

This (to me) seems like a big middle finger to the people of America. Sort of a, "We can do whatever we want, so there". Attitude.

The Obama Royal Family kind of gives normal Americans the finger every day out of habit.

What with their vacations and fancy dinner parties and all. But hey, royalty has it's benefits!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Administration spokesmen have often pointed to the partial release of the logs to support the president's claim that his is "the most transparent administration in history."

MY ASS!!!!

new topics

top topics

join