It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not a big fan of the new eye candy layout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was going to post a picture here.. but I failed to see how

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Plus column: I like the text size and color options above the typing area.

The typing area is decent, I can live with that.

The toggle for light/dark is good, if only the resulting light/dark wasn't so terrible.

The dropdown arrow for menu options is good.

Minus:
The emoticons are atrocious.

I hate the emoticons.

The editing buttons are too large, they should be smaller than the default text.

Too much scrolling, everything is too large.

Did I mention that the emoticons suck?

It's too cutesy and child-looking.

With a childish format, you'll get childish behaviors, teenage type hormones, people not thinking clearly and maturely. This is a site for discussing topics among adults, not teenagers and we don't have to keep up with what's in style for the teenagers. Think of the mindset you want here. Do you want a bunch of teenyboppers trying to have cyber sex or do you want adults discussing topics?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

fusionhunter

Dustytoad

fusionhunter
Like most changes, there will be outcry and then soon enough everyone will adapt.

how do I see new topics as they come up in order of thread creation time?.
I think this is it.

Clicking on that icon gives me a 404...

Is this still in Beta?

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/new_topics.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Well I believe it's a 24 hour beta to anyone who's a member. I'm getting some 404 in other areas as well but they're still testing. EDIT: Oh look everything is back to normal.
edit on 30-8-2013 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It´s back

Please keep it this way...
I will give you my daughter

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I was going to post a picture here.. but I failed to see how

oh, just link it to your facebook, twitter, eharmony, topix or disneyland account. That seems to be what's emulated (I would insert a emoticon but with the blue jokes they are, it would only detract)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
It´s back

Please keep it this way...
I will give you my daughter

OH THANK GOD!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
dont like it at all..definatly do not like the white screen with black lettering, real hard on my eyes, have had cataracht issues and since surgery still not what they used to be..4-5 times hit new and got "not found"..i know there will be bugs to be worked out but colour scheme blows and doubt im going to get used to it..definatly not liking it
sorry
weird back to normal..ahhh

edit on 30-8-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

I dont like the layout at all.. I really dont understand why internal improvements cant be made without doing a complete external overhaul.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

Yeah thanks figured it out...just a little weary of clicking buttons that don't offer explanation before hand.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Back to normal.....thank God.

Please leave it like this until you do something about the look of the new one. Topics side by side is great, hte new look single file list is not good at all. emoticons fit for 2 year olds.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

greavsie1971
Back to normal.....thank God.

Please leave it like this until you do something about the look of the new one. Topics side by side is great, hte new look single file list is not good at all. emoticons fit for 2 year olds.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Couldn't give an EFF on stars/flags. Word to your forefathers! Check this out though and lemme know what you think.

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math

Stupid or on target? You be the judge.

edit on 30-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My biggest peeve is that I really LIKED that ribbon on the bottom to get access to a side-by-side, quick overview look of not just the newest topics coming in as they were posted, but the top threads of the day, as well.

Removing that is the biggest downer to me. Everything else is... dealable. Mostly. Can't stand the new emoticons, though. With my eyesight as bad as it is, they're all a blur and I can't discern between them very well without squinting in a big way.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts and concerns to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

~tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join