It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not a big fan of the new eye candy layout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have loved the looks of ATS until now
It was easy to get a overview of new threads under new tab..
the side by side thread overview was simple and perfect

This new design
reminds me of Microsoft filling up their software with more eye candy and less functionality

Now ATS looks like a kids ABC game with those big disastrous icons and messy menus

Rant over
edit on 30-8-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

I predict there will be a similar thread to this one posted ever hour on the hour until people either:

A) Let their eyes adjust
B) Membership turns over until no one is left that remembers "the old way"

(B has happened each and every time the layout changes)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I don't know, I think It's pretty much the same, but looks more modern now.

I like it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't like it either. Childish and cutesy. It doesn't fit the purpose of the site at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Visually I think it looks quite nice but it will take awhile to get used to it. Every website needs a face lift from time to time, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. I guess we'll judge by how many posts in the Rant forum over the next few days!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just in time for the discussion on Syria.

Sometimes new designs grow on ya. We'll see. ATS has been excellent on their new "features" up to this point so I'll give it a shot.

How 'bout the situation in Syria though, eh?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've been reading for years and went through several changes. I finally joined and was getting used to the features you get by being a member and now it's all gone to hell and I have to learn it all over again.
I see why so many people get bitchy about things now

link   
I agree with the OP. No where near as easy to see whats going on at first glance like before. Doesn't fit on my netbook screen and the look reminds me of the modern microsoft look. Thumbs down im afraid as far as the look is concerned. The white look is truly awful. Going to play around to see what the functionality is like. I normaly like change but not this time.

link   
reply to post by The GUT

No time for Syria..
We have a conflict of interests right here on ATS

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Like most changes, there will be outcry and then soon enough everyone will adapt.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Haha was about to say, this is a distraction from the syria crisis...Conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's always going to change. Websites periodically update themselves. And when the even newer ATS comes, we'll pine for the 5/3 format.

Was that a haiku?

edit on 30-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Agreed. And the GIANT size threw me back in the chair. It'll take some to get used to it.
But, I always thought less is more? They couldve changed just a little...or at least a little at a time.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

fusionhunter
Like most changes, there will be outcry and then soon enough everyone will adapt.

I'm ok getting used to how it looks but how do I see new topics as they come up in order of thread creation time?

Can't even find what I was just looking at before logging off. Looks like no one else added to any of the topics that were going well just a bit ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
having the topics listed in single file is a real step in the wrong direction. Lots more scrolling to do. The topics do not stand out enough. Colours are really dull.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How do you find tools and profile now?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

Adapt or use another site. simple. I hope I get used to this or improvments are made as after an hour Im a little frustrated with the new look already. Ease of use has suffered.

I guess it will mean I'll spend less time here and do something more productive instead. Got to look at the bright side. Still sad though.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Dustytoad

fusionhunter

I'm ok getting used to how it looks but how do I see new topics as they come up in order of thread creation time?

Can't even find what I was just looking at before logging off. Looks like no one else added to any of the topics that were going well just a bit ago.
I think this is it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Was about to mention this as well earlier on, it's the little arrow pointing down on the navigation bar at the top of the screen. The update is supposed to have been a step forward in usability right? Some areas seem to be lacking. Even basic things like the avatar upload procedure is still awkward to new users. There hasn't been an improvement in some areas but rather a change of theme.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

fusionhunter

Dustytoad

fusionhunter

how do I see new topics as they come up in order of thread creation time?.
I think this is it.

Clicking on that icon gives me a 404...

Is this still in Beta?

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/new_topics.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<<   2 >>

join