It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My theory: Every story in the bible is fake but has great meaning...

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
when it comes to trying to disprove what the bible has said and meant, it is not my words that count. it is only God that has power to cast men into the lake of fire.

Lake of fire?!

Could you please keep your violent vengeful hopes of what your god will do to non believers to yourself.. this is why the world is so f%cked up right now.. if you want to have the option of going to 'hell'.. thats fine.. just don't drag others down with you.




posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Abraham=Islam (Ishmael/Haggar) & Judaism (Issac/Sarah)
Judaism= Christianity

All other religions worship some sort of nature deities in their own way.

The special circumstances of the major three, Islam, Judaism, and Christianity is that the original founder, Abraham was visited by God himself (or a representative of him) to start an organization to give mankind direction and a new hope.



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
OK, everyone has heard my bible rant no doubt.

but i'll do it again.

ITS A BOOK. stop here, stop now, and realize that whoever youre hoping to cast into lakes of fire because they didnt take pride in a book written by man but played off as if god transribed it for us from day one is probably alot better off without it.

maybe im wrong, and when im thrown into the lake of fire, i hope you look down on this scat man and wish it wasnt true.

evangelists


EDIT- if we're so concerned with denying ignorance, why is it that its not ignorant to blindly believe what a random book written years ago tels you is true. sure you may say youve seen these miracles occur everyday, but then you speak of how I or others like me will be punished.

when was the last time you saw a tortured soul thrown into a lake of burning sulfur (revelations 20) and laughed, because they didnt trust your book?

i bet youd hae a whole new opinion of christianity if you did.

[edit on 11-14-04 by Scat]



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'll try to tell you what I think about the Bible:
To me the Bible is not to be picked apart literally. It has to be read with an open, positive mind. It's words and scriptures have different meanings to everyone who reads it. Almost like the ONE book seems custom made for each person who seeks meaning in it.
Theres no use in looking at the Bible as you would an ordinary book. It's useless.
I wish could explain better...



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
It has to be read with an open, positive mind.

Theres no use in looking at the Bible as you would an ordinary book. It's useless.


Isnt that EXACTLY how you should treat every "prdinary" book?

The greatest gifts of life are found in the most peculiar places. Because of its adoration it supposedly sets it apart, how fair and open mided is that? oh welll



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
I have seen the blind get there sight restored, the lame walk, people that were given 6 mos. to live and lived for 30 years, seen people with tumors have them dissolved through prayer, seen people with one leg shorter than the other grow before my eyes. I have had experiences with God that leave no doubt in my mind concerning God and his power. It is one thing to hear about God's miracles another to see them performed. Also many times God has sent me into Hospitals and through his Annointing, see people Healed.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Lastday Prophet]


well, if i was you, i would have alotta faith too...

you ARE lucky to see all of these "miracles"...

the ONLY way i can explain these without God being in the pic. (sry have to do it) is saying that people can heal themselves with the power of the mind. for example, a person given a shugar pill and being told that it was a pill that could heal him, starts to heal because he thinks that this pill is actualy healing him...

see???





You know they did a study, there is actually a post in this exact forum in here about it somewhere, where they had 10 people pray for a certain number of victims of AIDS and then the exact opposite for the other victims of AIDS... this was a double-blind test so it eliminated any bias by the doctors or nurses. All the patients recieved the same exact care, the odd thing was, however, the people who were prayed for lived 300% longer and in a healthier condition than those that weren't prayed for... lemme guess, those people had stronger immune systems. Again, they had no idea they were being prayed for. You tell me what that means.



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
All the patients recieved the same exact care, the odd thing was, however, the people who were prayed for lived 300% longer and in a healthier condition than those that weren't prayed for... lemme guess, those people had stronger immune systems


Firstly.. twenty people isn't exactly enough to create conclusive results.. besides which a real scientific and reputable study wouldn't use the term %300.. there is no such thing.. and.. opposed to what? How much longer did they live? 300% minutes ..more hours.. days? Seems very misleading.


Again, they had no idea they were being prayed for. You tell me what that means.


Hands on healing isn't exlusively a 'god' thing.. and praying for someone could be a simple matter of sending 'good vibes' and using a form of telekinis.

Oh.. and are any of them still alive now? Just curious.



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The power of prayer works..it is a mass mind set of positive directed thought and has nothing to do with which religion. All faiths have seen the results of prayer......prayer doen't belong only to christians



posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i AM a christian


You are either fooling God, or fooling yourself.



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saint_Louis

You are either fooling God, or fooling yourself.


HOW???

because i am testing His words so i am not a slave like other christians and take the bible literly (my spelling sucks)...

tell me HOW???





posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As a believer in neurotheology to explain religious
experiences, I have no problem with the teachings
of any of the great religions. Indeed if religion serves
a useful purpose such as limiting peoples tendency
towards committing atrocities, or providing them
with some comfort in their times of need to believe
in a higher being, then I'm all for it. And true faith
has remarkable effects upon how people behave,
and the form of governments they make. The
concept of "pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness"
is an easy sell to any peoples, and any parables
from religious books they wish to use to justify it
is fine by me, even if the concepts can be logically
derived from a study of human nature without
regard to faith.
Unfortunately most religions also are intolerant of
non followers, and seem to be a cause of a lot of
conflict in the world. I'm not passing judgment
on anyone about this, just making a comment.
One of the reasons I became a priest in the
Universal Life Church was because except for
paganism I really have not found any religion
suitable for the future evolution of the human
species, and sought alternatives.
Paganism is not exactly a religion, but was the first
and greatest of belief systems professing to
faith in a spiritual existence (for all things) and
has a lot more mileage in it before it need be
replaced to satisfy human need for faith.
The more currently orthodox religions have taken
over, but many are fundamentally flawed in
their reasoning.
Continued advances in neurotheology may offer
alternatives to what has passed before.
Some interesting links about neurotheology.
www.innerworlds.50megs.com...
www.cognitiveliberty.org...
www.public.asu.edu...



[edit on 15-11-2004 by mockan]



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A blind eye you must surely have. The stories in the bible are real accounts through history. Translated through the centries, yet kept
together through time as best as can be expected under the circumstances. To say your a true Christian is interesting at best. lol Research says you need to be born again and have full faith in Jesus who died on the cross for your sins. I firmly believe with more study on your own part you would fully understand much more. To also point out there is a tiny little country called Israel. This tiny little nations is spoken of all through out the bible. It has been Preserved for over 2,000 years. All the biblical stories and accounts are listed in the Bible and you can go to Isreal and see the actual history in real life.
A few if not thousands of items have come to pass from this book. It even talks of current events in our day and age. That are here and now in the newspapers daily. You were given free will to except the book or not
to. That is the beauty in it. Here is another example that the book is not
fake. The number that Seals. Ask yourself what this means? Do you know that the number 666 is actually a Greek work? (see Strong's Concordance #5516: CHI XI STIGMA.) CHI XI STIGMA used as numbers, denoting 600 60 6 (666). Stigma: stick or prick -- " a mark puched or incised for recognition of ownership" (Strong's #4742). 666- recognition or ownership ? The mark, listed in Revelations. Lets look at todays news. Oh your dog has
a mark (a chip implant). Hummm.
Lets look further, Last month I read in the news the FDA just approved this
chip/mark implant for humans. There is a thread on this at ats. It says
in Revelations that this mark (chip) is for buying and selling. Does this help you see the connection here?
Also one would look at the set up of the United Nations as a whole. What
type of orginizations is the United Nations? Is it the stepping stone for
a new world leader? Lets say Federation earth or shall we say the First
Lady of the world? Hummmm lets see should we consider ourselves as
global citizens yet? Have you read about the dictator in Revelations to
come and rule the world? He is to convince the peoples of the globe that
he is Christ in his fullness. I think some folks refer to him as being called
the Anti-Christ. What does this mean to you? For you stated that you think Christ wasn't ever here on this earth at all. That means there is no good or bad? No opposite effect? hummmm. So your saying your life here
has no purpose, you work, eat, pay taxes, and simply die? No after life no big inheritance in heaven? Never to see your relatives, friends, or the love of your life again? Thats sad !



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magical communications
So your saying your life here has no purpose, you work, eat, pay taxes, and simply die?

Why do people need 'god' to bring their lives purpose?

No after life no big inheritance in heaven? Never to see your relatives, friends, or the love of your life again? Thats sad !

Why is it sad? You honour the memories of loved ones.. and.. who the hell wants to wait for death to achieve heaven? I want to have a wonderful existence now. Whats the point of life if you are counting on your own death to bring meaning to it? Thats warped. What about the life in between? Do people just waste it on a maybe there's a better place? It's such a shame. It seems ungrateful to neglect living life to the fullest by inhibiting oneself 'just in case' hell exists.



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Reply to the above. Your statement was I want to have a wonderful
life now. Thats your choice. Thats the beautie in having free will.



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They see all - you need to do a little more research. Islam came into being with the Prophet Mohammad around 1000 A.D. Judaism & Christianity are much older!!!

Here is the main problem in my eyes. It is never explained that when we work with Religion that we should also work with HISTORY. Yes these Biblical stories have Kernels of Truth & are placed in a Historical Timeline. What is never talked about - or explained - is that these stories come from Many Different Cultures - with Different Languages to our own. Ancient Languages.

People have to Understand that the Old Testament (Judaism) was originally written in HEBREW & the
New Testament (Christianity) was Originally written in GREEK. Now tell me who here on ATS can read Hebrew - no prob right? Now do you get the Point? All of this stuff had to be Translated & Interpreted at certain points in History. It is entirely possible that some things could have been
Mis-Translated & Mis-Interpreted - right? Would this not explain all of the different types of "Christianity" & "Christians" that Exist in the World?

This is why we have things like the Internet - to Discuss & Debate this stuff - it certainly beats the old method of going to War over it - who ever won was correct & who ever lost the Battle was in-correct. The Victors write the History Books - you see this is NOT a Mysterious Conspiracy. You just have to learn to NOT accept what you are told off the Bat & do a little digging for your-self!


[edit on 15-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
They see all - you need to do a little more research. Islam came into being with the Prophet Mohammad around 1000 A.D. Judaism & Christianity are much older!!!

Here is the main problem in my eyes. It is never explained that when we work with Religion that we should also work with HISTORY. Yes these Biblical stories have Kernels of Truth & are placed in a Historical Timeline. What is never talked about - or explained - is that these stories come from Many Different Cultures - with Different Languages to our own. Ancient Languages.

People have to Understand that the Old Testament (Judaism) was originally written in HEBREW & the
New Testament (Christianity) was Originally written in GREEK. Now tell me who here on ATS can read Hebrew - no prob right? Now do you get the Point? All of this stuff had to be Translated & Interpreted at certain points in History. It is entirely possible that some things could have been
Mis-Translated & Mis-Interpreted - right? Would this not explain all of the different types of "Christianity" & "Christians" that Exist in the World?

This is why we have things like the Internet - to Discuss & Debate this stuff - it certainly beats the old method of going to War over it - who ever won was correct & who ever lost the Battle was in-correct. The Victors write the History Books - you see this is NOT a Mysterious Conspiracy. You just have to learn to NOT accept what you are told off the Bat & do a little digging for your-self!


[edit on 15-11-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]



Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Islam started in 600 ADish, while Christianity started officially around 200 AD do the math. Also, There is more proof that Jesus existed then there is proof that Julius Ceaser existed, is he not real too? Your theory needs a lot of work.


You've got that backwards, I'm afraid. Outside the books of the New Testament (none of which were written when Jesus was alive) there is no evidence that Jesus existed. There are a few reports long after his death where Tacitus says "I have been told that the Christians worship a man named...(etc)"

There is no evidence for the story of Herod having baby boys in Jerusalem killed (no graveyards of infants, no uprisings, no reports, no nothing.) There are reports of well-known troublemakers, but none of them were anything like the biblical Jesus.

Meanwhile, we have a LOT of evidence about Caesar. Libraries of it. Written during the time he was alive, by people not connected with him (and even non-Romans) and at his death, etc, etc.


that answers your timeline question...

you speak of mis-translations well what if the whole damn bible was mis-translated (by the power of the church to control people or by mistake) and we are all following falseness and walking a road blinded and etc.???

just a quick question...





posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magical communications
A blind eye you must surely have. The stories in the bible are real accounts through history. Translated through the centries, yet kept
together through time as best as can be expected under the circumstances. To say your a true Christian is interesting at best. lol Research says you need to be born again and have full faith in Jesus who died on the cross for your sins. I firmly believe with more study on your own part you would fully understand much more. To also point out there is a tiny little country called Israel. This tiny little nations is spoken of all through out the bible. It has been Preserved for over 2,000 years. All the biblical stories and accounts are listed in the Bible and you can go to Isreal and see the actual history in real life.
A few if not thousands of items have come to pass from this book. It even talks of current events in our day and age. That are here and now in the newspapers daily. You were given free will to except the book or not
to. That is the beauty in it. Here is another example that the book is not
fake. The number that Seals. Ask yourself what this means? Do you know that the number 666 is actually a Greek work? (see Strong's Concordance #5516: CHI XI STIGMA.) CHI XI STIGMA used as numbers, denoting 600 60 6 (666). Stigma: stick or prick -- " a mark puched or incised for recognition of ownership" (Strong's #4742). 666- recognition or ownership ? The mark, listed in Revelations. Lets look at todays news. Oh your dog has
a mark (a chip implant). Hummm.
Lets look further, Last month I read in the news the FDA just approved this
chip/mark implant for humans. There is a thread on this at ats. It says
in Revelations that this mark (chip) is for buying and selling. Does this help you see the connection here?
Also one would look at the set up of the United Nations as a whole. What
type of orginizations is the United Nations? Is it the stepping stone for
a new world leader? Lets say Federation earth or shall we say the First
Lady of the world? Hummmm lets see should we consider ourselves as
global citizens yet? Have you read about the dictator in Revelations to
come and rule the world? He is to convince the peoples of the globe that
he is Christ in his fullness. I think some folks refer to him as being called
the Anti-Christ. What does this mean to you? For you stated that you think Christ wasn't ever here on this earth at all. That means there is no good or bad? No opposite effect? hummmm. So your saying your life here
has no purpose, you work, eat, pay taxes, and simply die? No after life no big inheritance in heaven? Never to see your relatives, friends, or the love of your life again? Thats sad !



what FOR YOU describes good and bad???

it seems to me that God does...

lemme (
) ask you a question...

why do you let a thing (God) run your life???

did you know that there is EXACTLY a 50 / 50 chance of His existance???

why don't you make your OWN rules that could also be the same as God's???

just some thoughts...





posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well - it could be that the Whole Thing has been Mis-Translated &
Mis-Interpreted for a long time! If that bothers you - and it should - then you should look into devoting some time to becoming a Biblical Scholar!!!

Quote: "Outside the books of the New Testament (none of which were written when Jesus was alive) there is no evidence that Jesus existed."

Well it was always just assumed that Christianity was Based on Judaism - after all everybody knows that Jesus was Jewish (What ever that means - Judaism of 2000 years ago has no resemblance to Modern Judaism) - Thanks for deciding to arbitrarily sandwich the Old & New Testaments into one book 1700's Era King James of England!

Perhaps Christianity is truly a Pagan Religion & "Jesus Christ" is a Man Turned God that Christians Worship - does this Scandalize you?



posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Well - it could be that the Whole Thing has been Mis-Translated &
Mis-Interpreted for a long time! If that bothers you - and it should - then you should look into devoting some time to becoming a Biblical Scholar!!!

Quote: "Outside the books of the New Testament (none of which were written when Jesus was alive) there is no evidence that Jesus existed."

Well it was always just assumed that Christianity was Based on Judaism - after all everybody knows that Jesus was Jewish (What ever that means - Judaism of 2000 years ago has no resemblance to Modern Judaism) - Thanks for deciding to arbitrarily sandwich the Old & New Testaments into one book 1700's Era King James of England!

Perhaps Christianity is truly a Pagan Religion & "Jesus Christ" is a Man Turned God that Christians Worship - does this Scandalize you?


no, i dont care that Jesus was turned into a God that we worship...

as far as becoming a bibal scholar, i wouldnt waste my time...





posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
you ask, why live my life for God? well if God didn't create my life i wouldn't be able to live it, there fore i live it for God. A 50/50 chance of there being a God... lol, 50% chance is HUGE. Are you really gonna let 50% chance slip through your hands? I'll tell you what, i will take my "50% chance of him existing" and you take your "50% chance of him not existing" and have fun in hell.




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join