It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My theory: Every story in the bible is fake but has great meaning...

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
its been a while since i posted in here so here i go:

EVERY story in the bible is fake but has GREAT meaning...

i think this because EVERY story in the bible has a meaning. hell, ONE sentance Jesus says has meaning. the same goes for other people in the bible. EVERYTHING Jesus did has meaning and the same goes for other people. one example is the story when Jesus was fishing. he threw the net over the RIGHT side of the boat! why not the left? see meaning! i think, if we follow these stories we can STILL go to heaven because we are going Jesus' will that we learned through these fake stories...

this is kinda like my other theory: Jesus is the Son of God but NEVER existed!

in this theory, i explain that Jesus was the Son of God (in the fake stories) and thus he NEVER existed!

we can still go to heaven if we follow His teachings but he NEVER existed...

any thoughts???




[edit on 13-11-2004 by John bull 1]




posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
its been a while since i posted in here so here i go:

EVERY story in the bible is fake but has GREAT meaning...

i think this because EVERY story in the bible has a meaning. hell, ONE sentance Jesus says has meaning. the same goes for other people in the bible. EVERYTHING Jesus did has meaning and the same goes for other people. one example is the story when Jesus was fishing. he threw the net over the RIGHT side of the boat! why not the left? see meaning! i think, if we follow these stories we can STILL go to heaven because we are going Jesus' will that we learned through these fake stories...

this is kinda like my other theory: Jesus is the Son of God but NEVER existed!

in this theory, i explain that Jesus was the Son of God (in the fake stories) and thus he NEVER existed!

we can still go to heaven if we follow His teachings but he NEVER existed...

any thoughts???




Maybe he has meanings for everything because he is the SON OF GOD. Okay so if he is the son of GOD but didnt exist then how do we know about him and why does 1/2 of the world beleive in him and why was an entire religion formed in his beleives and follow his words and his doings.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Maybe he has meanings for everything because he is the SON OF GOD. Okay so if he is the son of GOD but didnt exist then how do we know about him and why does 1/2 of the world beleive in him and why was an entire religion formed in his beleives and follow his words and his doings.


ahhh. i was praying someone would ask this...

anyway, some people can do things that have meaning every day of their life. it will take alotta practice, but it can be done.

as far as your second argument, MORE than HALF the population of the world believes in ISLAM. does this mean that they are the truth??? a friend of mine once said: "truth lasts forever, this is why the christian religion lasted so long". i then said: "then why is Islam still here and they started way before christianinty?" he then shut his mouth...

it is easy to get teachings out, all you have to do is write a book and tell the world it is truth and translate it in every language. thats how!!!

your turn...





posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
we can still go to heaven if we follow His teachings but he NEVER existed...

any thoughts???




Why do so many people think they have to die before experiencing 'heaven'? Think I'll just follow my own judgments and get 'rewarded' while I'm still alive.. rather than torchering myself with the self hatred and shame the bible teaches. I agree that some of it has positive messages.. but not enough to warrent it getting called the 'good book'.



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Why do so many people think they have to die before experiencing 'heaven'? Think I'll just follow my own judgments and get 'rewarded' while I'm still alive.. rather than torchering myself with the self hatred and shame the bible teaches. I agree that some of it has positive messages.. but not enough to warrent it getting called the 'good book'.


GOOD!!!

follow your OWN teachings because they are YOURS and who knows you better than you???





posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Absolutely the Bible has great meaning in context. Socrates was an invention of Plato, but his words still have great meaning. There are no "forms" and never was a cave of shadows, but it is an accurate description of how we think.

All allegory has meaning. Sadly, literalists strip every ounce of meaning away. A literal story says nothing, points to nothing, means nothing.

Meaning is an artful thing, full of doubts and hypothesis drawing on anecdotals and experiences. Even a false conclusion has more meaning than a belief. Beliefs are empty, unquestioned, frozen in time. An abstract death ritual performed pre-mortem. All beliefs are definitionally wrong. All doubts correct. Faith is an excuse for those that already know better.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by RANT]



posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Absolutely the Bible has great meaning in context. Socrates was an invention of Plato, but his words still have great meaning. There are no "forms" and never was a cave of shadows, but it is an accurate description of how we think.

All allegory has meaning. Sadly, literalists strip every ounce of meaning away. A literal story says nothing, points to nothing, means nothing.

Meaning is an artful thing, full of doubts and hypothesis drawing on anecdotals and experiences. Even a false conclusion has more meaning than a belief. Beliefs are empty, unquestioned, frozen in time. An abstract death ritual preformed pre-mortem. All beliefs are definitionally wrong. All doubts correct. Faith is an excuse for those that already know better.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by RANT]


meaning is all in the head???

EXACTLY!!!





posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Islam started in 600 ADish, while Christianity started officially around 200 AD do the math. Also, There is more proof that Jesus existed then there is proof that Julius Ceaser existed, is he not real too? Your theory needs a lot of work.



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Islam started in 600 ADish, while Christianity started officially around 200 AD do the math. Also, There is more proof that Jesus existed then there is proof that Julius Ceaser existed, is he not real too? Your theory needs a lot of work.


thats right it needs alotta work. this is why i said: "any thoughts???"

there is one particular religion that existed well over the years that christianity did (i am sry i thought it was islam) and i forgot it...

i find it hard to understand that there is little proof that a KING (ceaser) existed than a regular guy. i mean, they didnt have birth records back then


see???





posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Islam started in 600 ADish, while Christianity started officially around 200 AD do the math. Also, There is more proof that Jesus existed then there is proof that Julius Ceaser existed, is he not real too? Your theory needs a lot of work.


You've got that backwards, I'm afraid. Outside the books of the New Testament (none of which were written when Jesus was alive) there is no evidence that Jesus existed. There are a few reports long after his death where Tacitus says "I have been told that the Christians worship a man named...(etc)"

There is no evidence for the story of Herod having baby boys in Jerusalem killed (no graveyards of infants, no uprisings, no reports, no nothing.) There are reports of well-known troublemakers, but none of them were anything like the biblical Jesus.

Meanwhile, we have a LOT of evidence about Caesar. Libraries of it. Written during the time he was alive, by people not connected with him (and even non-Romans) and at his death, etc, etc.



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You've got that backwards, I'm afraid. Outside the books of the New Testament (none of which were written when Jesus was alive) there is no evidence that Jesus existed. There are a few reports long after his death where Tacitus says "I have been told that the Christians worship a man named...(etc)"

There is no evidence for the story of Herod having baby boys in Jerusalem killed (no graveyards of infants, no uprisings, no reports, no nothing.) There are reports of well-known troublemakers, but none of them were anything like the biblical Jesus.

Meanwhile, we have a LOT of evidence about Caesar. Libraries of it. Written during the time he was alive, by people not connected with him (and even non-Romans) and at his death, etc, etc.


see i was right (i think)...

i AM a christian, but alotta people i know found out that Jesus didnt exist or was an alien and other crazy theories like this...

i want the truth or something close to it...

this is why i am doing this...





posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth,
but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through" sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth "



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth,
but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through" sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth "


This is an example of what I what I mentioned earlier in this thread [thanks for posting
]. I read this and all I see is "You've been bad and are going to burn in hell if you don't do as you're told." Being a good person shouldn't be dependent on fear of 'god', guilt or punnishment.. it should come from within. Encouraging repression and submission [more old testimant] only causes people to become frustrated, bitter, resentful and angry. I believe Jesus may have existed but consider him a philospher or perhaps even a buddhist.. unfortuantly his teachings contradict the old testimant so people get to pick and choose day to day if they want to follow Jesus and be 'compassionate' or if they want to be 'righteus'[angry old guy in sky].



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth,
but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through" sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth "


please explain and not just copy-and-paste...

thanks...





posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The explanation is simple, that is what God thinks of your assumptions. I felt there was nothing for me to add, it says it all.



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
The explanation is simple, that is what God thinks of your assumptions. I felt there was nothing for me to add, it says it all.


sry, say it in your words not the bible's this time...

okay???





posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
when it comes to trying to disprove what the bible has said and meant, it is not my words that count. it is only God that has power to cast men into the lake of fire.

Personally I have had enough of people trying to discredit what the bible teaches, saying "it's been altered" "It's a Metaphor" "It's a Fairy Tale"
It's a "History Book" and so on. I deal with it differently, I post what God has to say in reference to any subject and those who do not accept His Truth will be Judged accordingly. They will not have the excuse that they didn't know or that no one told them. Once they read the response they will be held accountable whether they believe it or not..



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
when it comes to trying to disprove what the bible has said and meant, it is not my words that count. it is only God that has power to cast men into the lake of fire.

Personally I have had enough of people trying to discredit what the bible teaches, saying "it's been altered" "It's a Metaphor" "It's a Fairy Tale"
It's a "History Book" and so on. I deal with it differently, I post what God has to say in reference to any subject and those who do not accept His Truth will be Judged accordingly. They will not have the excuse that they didn't know or that no one told them. Once they read the response they will be held accountable whether they believe it or not..


you MUST be a STRONG christian...

well i am using my brain and trying to prove / disprove bible teachings and not using a leap of faith every second of my life...

see???





posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have seen the blind get there sight restored, the lame walk, people that were given 6 mos. to live and lived for 30 years, seen people with tumors have them dissolved through prayer, seen people with one leg shorter than the other grow before my eyes. I have had experiences with God that leave no doubt in my mind concerning God and his power. It is one thing to hear about God's miracles another to see them performed. Also many times God has sent me into Hospitals and through his Annointing, see people Healed.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Lastday Prophet]



posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
I have seen the blind get there sight restored, the lame walk, people that were given 6 mos. to live and lived for 30 years, seen people with tumors have them dissolved through prayer, seen people with one leg shorter than the other grow before my eyes. I have had experiences with God that leave no doubt in my mind concerning God and his power. It is one thing to hear about God's miracles another to see them performed. Also many times God has sent me into Hospitals and through his Annointing, see people Healed.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Lastday Prophet]


well, if i was you, i would have alotta faith too...

you ARE lucky to see all of these "miracles"...

the ONLY way i can explain these without God being in the pic. (sry have to do it) is saying that people can heal themselves with the power of the mind. for example, a person given a shugar pill and being told that it was a pill that could heal him, starts to heal because he thinks that this pill is actualy healing him...

see???





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join