It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi the hawk tells President Obama to act on Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi pressed top administration officials Thursday night to take military action to punish Syrian President Bashar Assad in response to reports that he used chemical weapons in his nation’s ongoing civil war.

War hawk or Chicken hawk ?

Well that is an interesting comment to make Pelosi.

DAMASCUS, Syria — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hard-line Arab country.

Pelosi shrugs off Bush's criticism,meets Assad

Bush has said Pelosi’s trip signals that the Assad government is part of the international mainstream when it is not. The United States says Syria allows Iraqi Sunni insurgents to operate from its territory, backs the Hezbollah and Hamas militant groups and is trying to destabilize the Lebanese government. Syria denies the allegations.

Karmic Justice ?

Look at the date of the article 2007.

Well looks like the current administration has a hall pass for Syria

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem was quoted Wednesday as saying that Pelosi and other members of Congress were “welcome” in Syria.

That lot of capitol hill always tries to have it both ways.

What A hypocrite ! ! ! !

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This pos will agree with the prez no matter what it is.
Obama: Nancy I have to shoot your children.
Nancy: (licking her lips) Okay Mr President whatever you say I know its for the good of the country.
edit on 30-8-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes, Ms. Pelosi...

We have to blow up Syria in order to see if they had chemical weapons in there.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It would seem, thanks to the US.

The world needs some new hague trials in the ICC...

As it seems the Citizens are unwilling or able to stop more war crimes being committed in the name of OIL.

Most of this admin and the last should be facing charges.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Strap that bitch on to the first bomb then...along with all her Botox.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sucks to be in service when politicians are acting like this.

They all want to be able to say that they both supported and were against whatever action is taken to appease as many constituents as possible.

In doing so they guarantee that the US will lose every conflict it enters into and plenty of service personnel will end up dead for no good reason.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Being one of, if not the wealthiest congressman/women and with previous allegations of insider trading, I would surmise that this hypocrisy is the result of a financial motivation.

I would wager her flip-flopping on political issues, like with many things, has its roots tied to the "All mighty dollar".

Alternatively, she is a terrible politician and can't keep track of her political stances. Reminds me of high school model united nations. "Did the representative from Iran, say he supported Israel's right to exist?"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Strap that [Snip] on to the first bomb then...along with all her Botox.

That would be considered biological warfare wouldn't it?

After all, Botox is derived from botulism.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

I personally believe she would eat her children given the opportunity. I loath the very existance of this woman!! Dirty pirate hooker!
edit on 30-8-2013 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"We must attack Syria first...Then we can see what is in it"

Sheesh....First the Chicken Hawk John Kerry.

Now this...We don't need to be sold another Police Action.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
reply to post by thesaneone

Dirty pirate hooker!
edit on 30-8-2013 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

Phrase of the day.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
United States government logic:
"You (allegedly) killed some of your own people using a chemical attack, so to punish you, the United States will, in the name of humanitarianism and the power of being right and just, bomb your nation... killing yet more of your people."

Jesus Christ this country is run by by some amazingly stupid, arrogant pricks.
edit on 30-8-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nancy "Blood and guts" Pelosi once again opens her mouth and inserts foot.

She's an Obama Parrot!

(side note: Her nickname "Blood and guts" isn't because she's a warrior. It's what she eats every day to stay looking under 90)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
What A hypocrite ! ! ! !

Our political situation is hopeless.

I've given up expecting any improvement in the near or foreseeable future. Yes, I'm thoroughly jaded.

The world has gone mad, and so have we...

For the first time in my life, I couldn't care less what we do. There's doom on either path.

Best policy is to hunker down, govern one's own actions, love your family and friends, and hope for the best, while staying out of the way of all the crazies...

In the end, maybe all politics should be local.

My best to everyone... looks like our ride is only just beginning...

edit on 30-8-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
On an other note has anyone heard John McCain the dude sounds WAY more excited than Obama or Pelosi

The dude is itching for another ground invasion it seems

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
"We must attack Syria first...Then we can see what is in it"

Sheesh....First the Chicken Hawk John Kerry.

Now this...We don't need to be sold another Police Action.

In defense of Kerry (Wow, never thought I'd find myself defending this silver spoon fed jackass), he at least did his tour in the [SNIP]. Granted, that tour has been exaggerated by Kerry and has been elevated to fairy tale proportions, but he was present in a war theater... so he's technically not a chicken hawk.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
On an other note has anyone heard John McCain the dude sounds WAY more excited than Obama or Pelosi

What do you expect from the son of a traitor? He is always willing to get Americans killed.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Actually he sounds like he's finally succumbed to senility or his control chip has gone on the fritz. McCain isn't in his right mind and, to be honest, I'm not sure he's been in his right mind for the past 2 decades. He's the left's plant in the GOP, mostly intening to squelch any dissention against military action by playing the "you're not supporting our troops" and "you're wacko birds" cards against the few remaining real conservatives in the party.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sending McCain and/or Pelosi to Syria instead of bombs would be such an act of war that the UN would probably bomb us!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yes John Kerry served and I give him that credit.

But didn't he throw all his "hard fought" medals off a bridge?

Then didn't he proceed to bash the very government that awarded him those honors?

Now he and Nancy Pelosi are leading us into punishing another country with Military action?

I will give Mr. Kerry credit for his service. I will not blindly follow him into a Police action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join