It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some cool new inventions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
taionn.blogspot.com...

Some not so new, some not so cool.

I figure the one most pertinent to ATSers is the new addition to a b.o.b. in the form of a bicycle backpack. Transportation and storage that you can carry on your back. I'd say the boots too, but those would, for the most part, be on your feet so you wouldn't need to stuff them anywhere. You also wouldn't want some flimsy half-assed boot. You'd want rugged and durable.

Clearly some of these have been around before. I'm pretty sure semi-auto apple peelers were invented at least 100 years ago.

Some are wildly impractical, i.e. the new form of bicycle parking. A highly inefficient use of space, and far more complicated than what we use now - a stationary metal bar.

I am a big fan of a few of these though.

The easy-find key hole (which I've actually seen before) is not only useful for the intoxicated as described, but the elderly who would benefit greatly from this, as many lack dexterity.

The hourglass traffic light is an interesting concept. I'm not sure what effects it would have on traffic, either positive of negative, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, enjoy these inventions, or rip the inventors a new one by analyzing how flawed they are.

I'll kick it off... A spokeless bike? Seriously? Looks like a glorified science project. Good luck even sitting on that thing!
edit on 8/30/2013 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Funny i look through them and they all seem pretty cool but i dont see any of them id want to spend money on. Most of them are re-hashes of current ideas and inventions.

edit on 30-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Well, I see two inventions there that I really like the look of. The knife in a knife in a knife in a knife etc idea is... well, given that I have a particular liking for bladed objects, I cannot help finding that idea just somewhat arousing (not healthy, but honest at least
). Also, as an avid camper, I sort of enjoy the idea of solar powered lights and facilities being built into a tent, but I bet that thing doesnt pack down nearly as neatly as my pop up, double skinned, all weather tent. Plus, I bet it costs a bloody packet as well!

However, there is much badassery in these items!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I like the toilet that uses the sink drain water to help flush. That's a really good idea, actually; I mean it's perfectly good water for flushing unless you have a toilet-water drinking pet.

And that spokeless bike is sick looking. I want one.

I also agree with OP with the bike storage wheel. What a waste.

Also, the hourglass traffic light is a good idea, but I don't believe it would be successful. Colorblind people rely on the positioning of the current light setup, at least here in the U.S. Top for red, yellow is middle, green is bottom. For the sideways lights, red is left.

Gee whiz info- aviation snips are color-coded the same. Red-handled snips are left-cutting, yellow are straight, and green are right-cutting.

new topics

top topics

join