It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Link: US Secretary of State about to make an address regarding Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So it will be based on vinger pointing, they assume, ... pardon me, say 'he did it'.... not the liver eaters.. pardon me.. rebels.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
SENATOR OBAMA STATEMENT ... December 20, 2007

The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch. It is always preferable to have the informed consent of Congress prior to any military action.

Found here

HEY OBAMA ... Follow your own advice. :shk:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It should be clear to everyone now that the US government has gone rogue against it's people and the entire world.

We no longer have a democracy, or a republic...

All Hail the King!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Like I said in a other thread, the potus has an ego so large that he can not see the wrongs he is about to commit to the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
After I sent off an email to Kerry during his speech ... telling him my thoughts why I'm opposed to retaliation tactics upon Syria. Most based upon COMMON SENSE before I blasted his office for yielding to the wishes of the global oil companies. Yeah I was mad as hell!

Come on Kerry, who else could you have the information, dates and times of the multiple gas attacks as claimed if you didn't have some covert agent involved

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Bit late to the party but as I was watching it all I could think was he is gonna drop the evidence on us but instead all we got is " we know" "high certainty" and bs, if I was an American I would be asking serious questions as to why no evidence was presented, they must think the public will let this war go ahead on the honour system.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Skydancer
Come on Kerry, who else could you have the information, dates and times of the multiple gas attacks as claimed if you didn't have some covert agent involved

they could have very well went with the seeming latest FBI tactic of choosing a patsy, aiding and abetting them right up until the end, only this time they didn't come screaming in 'to save the day' as before, but let it happen in order to achieve their goal of involvement.

wouldn't surprise me in the least, as that's not exactly a 'tactic' which hasn't been used in the past.

Here in the States, the FBI just makes sure they have a tight enough hold of the leash, so as to 'avert the disaster' at the last minute, and still have 'their 'terrorist' to parade for the public.

Sad. Sick. World.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
These are some of my quick notes of what Kerry said (I don't agree with almost any of this):

Read for yourselves the evidence, don't take my word for it. Declassified and released a lot of info today but some things are still classified but:

- We know Assad regime has used chemical weapons multiple times this year against their people.

- We know where the rockets came from and went and know the Assad regime did it and that only rebel areas were attacked.

The world is watching to see if the US will let "them" get away with it. It will be bad if others see the US not do anything about it. Iran, North Korea, Hezbollah, etc will be emboldened if the US doesn't do anything.

Can't rely on the UN. Will continue talking to Congress, etc. But the US makes it's own decisions (apparently meaning Obama will make the decision regardless of what the UN, allies, Congress, or anyone thinks).

History will judge us harshly if we turn a blind eye.

We have a President who does what he says he will do:

- No boots on the ground.

- Not open ended.

- Any action will be limited

- Assad will be held reponsible.

Won't get involved in the Syrian civil war, the solution to that must be political/diplomatic not military. But such horrible weapons must never be allowed to be used again.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Kerry's Speech: Every time he lied he licked his lips !!!

Did you notice, every time there was a blatant lie Kerry licked his lips.. Watch it, dead give away.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Universal values, Yeah F@#$ you kerry.

Universal US values...

I remember those, LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

FREEDOM is our values, and we have become the enemy of freedom everywhere.

ETA: New avatar for the Nobel warmonger.
edit on 30-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I did not understand that argument either. We have tortured people routinely under Bush.. Kidnapped people and rendered them to other countries in the dead of night as part of our rendition program again under Bush. Kept untolds numbers of foreign nationals detained with no charges other than enemy combatant for years with no trial or hope of legal representstjon. We punish to the fullest extent of the law anyone who dares whistleblow against the abuses of the Govt and Kerry is making some sort of Moral argument? It certainly rings hollow to much of the world considering our recent past. I would have have been happier if he said " We will launch attacks because we can". At some point the US has to realize it is not the great morality judge and jury it seems to think it is. We are currently in bed with Al-Qaeda in Syria (our sworn enemy unless it suits our needs as it did in Afganistan in the 80's).
edit on 30-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Yeah I noticed that, he had his tongue out from start to finish

edit on 30/8/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

It was like when Nancy Palosi was doing it when Obama was giving the state of the union in his first term.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"We have other evidence which is classified that we cannot reveal to protect our sources and systems"

OF COURSE YOU DO ! .... We kinda guessed you would.

Have I rolled my eyes yet ...

C..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Man and here I thought we sided stepped WW3 when the UK voted against war. *sigh*

Let the bloodshed begin in 5....4.....3.....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So is the general feel of the speech....

"It's gonna happen whether you like it or not" ?

edit on 30-8-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
So is the general feel of the speech....

"It's gonna happen whether you like it or not" ?

No it was more like: We are going to do it. You are going to like it even though you say you hate it. You are going to smile while we do it. After all war fatigue is not an excuse......

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Potus is going to speak in about 20 min

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So does the American revolution start tomorrow or are you all just going to let your government start WW3??

This is stupid, Iran, Syria and Russia aren't bluffing this time. Mark my words, any strike on Syria will be a huge mistake.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You forgot allah akbar for all the alciada we will be fighting along side.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
The Potus is going to speak in about 20 min

Link please?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join