It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quitting Smoking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I recently quit smoking.....12 weeks to be exact (if you don't count the times I was drinking and had a few cigs). I have been taking the nicotene lozenge and tommorrow is when they say I should stop taking these.

I just wanted to hear everyone's experience of quitting smoking. How hard/easy was it? Any advice.....things of this nature.

p.s. I can't wait to kick this discusting habit.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
I can't wait to kick this discusting habit.

You best watch your mouth! That's my friend you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry Jonna...didn't mean to offend anyone. But you smokers have to admit...it is pretty discusting and smells really bad. I am not going to turn into one of those x-smoker smoke nazis though. It's just that when I quit, I was like "wow...I really smelled like that?" Please...no offense anyone.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm just messing with you. Congradulations though and I hope it goes well for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thank you Jonna. I hope some day you will quit also. It's up to you to know when. For me....my boyfriend and I decided to do it together so we could give each other support. Thanks for the words of encouragment....

Another reason I'm quitting is I'm sick of giving so much money to the man....heck...between the two of us it was like $15 a day...that's alot of money when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Congradulations MacMerdin.

Yes, it stinks and it's a disgusting (not to say stoopid) habit. I have tried to quit approx. 20 to 30 times in my life, and last time I tried, it worked out like a charm. It was really easy. I think at one point, a person just knows that he/she is ready to quit for good.

Good luck, keep it up.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've been trying to stop on and off for the past four months. I'm now on my second 'concerted attempt' to give up. I'm using the patches and they really help with the physical cravings but I find the physcological part is the most difficult. When I know I can't have one I'm fine but if someone leaves a pack hanging around this demon starts gnawing away at my mind and I've ended up giving in a few times. That's why I wish smoking was outlawed altogether, if they're not around I accept it. Over here in the UK the current rumour is it's going to be outlawed altogether by 2007, I quite agree with banning it in resturaunts. Supposedly a 'miracle pill that makes you stop smoking, lose weight and quit drinking is on it's way.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I remember reading something a while ago about nicotineless cigarettes, then heard nothing more about it. Guess that patent got bought out by the tobacco companies and went the way of alternatives to fossil fuels.

I am a heavy (wait, read heavy) smoker and think about quitting often, but the thought of facing my currently very stressful life and job with the added burden of nicotine withdrawal is too daunting. I can always find excuses to put off giving up. "After this contract is finished." "As soon as my father's illness clears up." etc etc etc. If I go for more than an hour without a cigarette I feel like I can't face stressful situations.

Any suggestions? Help!

new topics

top topics

join