It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking shark discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
When I saw the thread about land sharks, I immediately thought
Lawyers on the loose.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

No it's not! You're that landshark! I'm not opening the door!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Uploaded on Dec 13, 2007

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I see it .. he fooled me into thinking the shark was a guy

edit on 31-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Better to deal with sharks in the bushes than the black mobs that are already there. The sharks probably won't rape you.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It doesn't walk it swims it just uses its fins to forage for small fish and crustaceans at night it stirs them up to eat them.
One of the worst movies I have ever seen ( for 3 mins)was sharknado,fear mongering , sharks should not be feared, mans chaotic mind is much more dangerous .

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I've never said sharks should be feared. And the article clearly states that the "walking" is merely propelling itself along with its fins as it looks for food.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There is one of the flying variety too.

Shark Makes a Break for it

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by BDBinc

I've never said sharks should be feared. And the article clearly states that the "walking" is merely propelling itself along with its fins as it looks for food.

Nope the people that wrote the article are incorrect as the fish is propelling itself with its tail which you can see quite clearly the fins are just touching the sand to scare out the food no weight is on the fins and it is not walking as the propulsion is still from the tail (though it is slowed).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

That's the wrong video. That's the original species that was discovered. The new species that was found recently moves completely differently. The one that was discovered and talked about in the article, the tail of the shark only moves because of the water flowing around it. It's clearly walking on its fins.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

That's the wrong species. There's a new species that was discovered recently. It's in the same family, but it's smaller than that one.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It swims it doesn't walk, its tail and snake like movements propel it .
Its a bottom feeding (bottom stirring) shark.
Its movement is swimming. Its feeding style is stirring up the ocean floor with its FINS.
P.S I didn't say you were fear mongering I was referring to the crap movie sharknado which was fear mongering.

If it was not just it's mode of eating and if it wasn't clearly shown swimming I would agree with you. Its a swimmer. If these sharks had sex not moving on the bottom you wouldn't declare it was a stationary creature. Its a digging bottom feeding swimmer.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Did you watch the video of the recent shark? You can see it moving its fins, and "walking" as it moves. It moves more like a salamander than it does like a fish, when it's on the rocks. It clearly looks like it's putting weight on its fins as it moves over the rocks.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Walking shark?

Assad, Cameron or Obama, take your pick!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Walking Sharks? Great, that's all we need!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wow I'm glad they're tiny, imagine packs of Great White's casually strolling down the street.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FightingSpirit

It would bring new meaning to "Sharks vs Jets".

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What are you doing out of the Aviation section??

Very cool though, I would love to be able to be a merman for a day and swim in the oceans (the other stipulation is that nothing tries to eat me).

The real question is if a Sharknado shot them onto land could they outrun me?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

What are you doing out of the Aviation section??

INS drift. By the time I could do a rough alignment I was lost and ended up here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join