It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Post Said to Be By Assads 11 Year Old Son Dares Americans To Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
** I have no idea if this is real or a hoax ... but it's being reported

The post is very long. This is just a clip from it.
Honestly, it doesn't sound like an 11 year old writing it to me.
Unless it's a very brainwashed and violent 11 year old.

New York TImes - Facebook Post Said to Be By Assads 11 Year Old Son Dares Americans To Attack.

They may have the best army in the world, maybe the best airplanes, ships, tanks than ours, but soldiers? No one has soldiers like the ones we do in Syria,” the post’s author wrote of the United States military. “America doesn’t have soldiers, what it has is some cowards with new technology who claim themselves liberators.” ...

I just want them to attack sooo much, because I want them to make this huge mistake of beginning something that they don’t know the end of it,” he wrote. “What did Hezbollah have back then? Some street fighters and some small rockets and a pile of guns, but they had belief, In theirselves and in their country and that’s exactly what’s gonna happen to America if it chooses invasion because they don’t know our land like we do, no one does, victory is ours in the end no matter how much time it takes.”

There is a screen shot of people who 'like' what has been said.
Lots of big names from Syria ... and lots of comments.
Read the entire post at the link ....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
People fight for their homes down to the last man, to tooth and Nail.

I know I would...

We shouldn't be involved in other countries Affairs that pose NO direct threat to the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would say the NYT got hoaxed.

That is a comparatively articulate and comprehensive piece for an 11 year old Syrian to write, regardless of education. Additionally, the use of "Sooo" makes me questions the source of this piece, as that type of informal English would be indicative of a natural English speaker.

I dont think an 11 year old with English as a second language would use a word like "sooo" to demonstrate emphasis. Just seems strange to me.

In any case, who cares. An 11 year old talking trash. If we reacted to little kids offering insults, there would serious trouble for kids playing Call of Duty...
edit on 30-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing that an 11 year old wrote this. Granted, this kid is probably highly-educated but it would be more believable if he stuck his tongue out at us and called us "poopy-heads".

Sad part is...this could be what pushed our leaders off the edge! Can't have a Middle East pre-teen calling us out....can we?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I understand that 11 year olds in war zones in the middle east grow up faster and all.
And I understand the boys over there talk smack ... But this doesn't sound like 11 to me.

As for the english ... the boys mother is from England and his father studied in England.
So he very easily could be 'up' on speaking English with slang ...

But ... I'm still not sure if the New York Times got snuckered or not ....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My grammar wasn't that good at 11, and the only thing I comprehended about my country was that George Washington, Abraham Lincoln were presidents, I thought Benjamin Franklin was one, and our current one was George W. Bush. I was too occupied playing sports, and Pokemon to even focus on soldiers, the wars taking place, and my countries military capabilities let alone know about another countries. I doubt any 11 year old wrote this.
edit on 30-8-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It sounds plausible to me. It may be a little advanced for an 11 year old western child but I'm sure the dinner conversations in Syria are a little different! In any case, the Facebook post as well as the profile is either removed or blocked. Whatever the reason, big brother is still watching!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Yep .... the original Face Book site is now blocked. I don't know what that means. It could be our government blocking the taunting. It could be Face Book took it down. Who knows. But it's gone. All we have are the screenshots from the article.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was too slow on that one, FF!

How about that... Taunted in the world media by an 11 year old boy!

Don't we have an awesome President?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What's an 11yr old doing with a facebook accnt... shouldn't he be collecting stamps or reading his sporting heros, or helping to weed the garden or sweep the floor..
This world is surely gone completely OTT. as for Syria, leave them to hell to deal with it themselves, civil war or whatever, why is the rest of the world bothered.. The west is not responsible for the unacceptable behaviour of barbarian brained idiots who attack their own.. let them get on with it, and allow the rest of the world to try to live in some sort of harmony. We have our own fish to fry... move on

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

I would say the NYT got hoaxed.

Not a hoax. It's called propaganda. NYT is running BS to incite anger. Best part: They're using a supposed 11-yr-old to rile up people with 11-yr-old maturity levels.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
More concerning than an 11 year old on FB is the fact that it seems to be deliberately made to look like an 11 year old. There are numerous run on sentences, the account holder said to have graduated from Oxford and plays soccer for Barcelona. Read into that as you may, wishes of an 11 year old, or adults making it look like the wishes of an 11 year old. Or the account holder, graduate from oxford, forgot to remove those tidbits. My guess is the 2nd option. this wreaks of propaganda from Assad's people knowing it would hit our msm in seconds.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This action by Obama to launch a missile strike against Syria, should no doubt be an impeachable offense. He is overstepping his authority!! For someone who has said our country is based upon constitutional laws, he is blatantly ignoring them. To ignore putting this up for a vote in congress and to strike without a complete investigation by the U.N. is criminal!!!

Haven't we learned out lesson from the war in Iraq? How can we allow another president to put our country and our military personal in harms way. This is outrageous!!!!!

He's opening a can of worms which may lead to deadly consequences, and increased terrorism for the United States. We have lost our checks and balances for the presidency of the United States. It has been chiseled away by our own elected representatives. The world has become too dangerous to continue to police the world.

To launch a strike on Syria is showing support for the same factions that were behind 9/11. Both sides are not worth one last breath of a son or daughter who is serving in he military. Where is the public outrage? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm mad as hell about this.

edit on 30-8-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thats the perfect definition of freedom of speech. If we want to HAVE it...we have to unconditionally ALLOW it.
But, we still dont have to like it, or read it. But anyone has the right to say whatever...just like we do.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Facebook Post Said to Be by Assad’s Son Dares Americans to Attack

Well I would say the strategy is correct.

An 11-year-old's level is perfect for getting the attention of the Obama Administration !!

Any higher level is too confusing for the White House staff.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He writes in English? Shows how much I know about Syria's culture.

It could be an 11 year olds writing. Things like their, there, they're are used wrong but I see that a lot with adults too. Lots of run on sentences so that fits with that age. Lots of comma use. At that age they associate that with taking a breath (if they were to speak it this is how it would sound). About this age children begin to learn to use a comma before "and" (when to and when not to). He uses "and" to carry a sentence on at least once. It's very common to see kids do this with run on sentences and comma use. He may have been given some help on some of the words, or they are quite familiar to him as they are used in context. To me - this looks like an 11 year olds writing.

Only other thing, someone who knows how an 11-year old writes, from Assad's resistance did this. Will see if there is a response by Assad on this.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hah doubt that's who they claim to have written it and it hardly sounds like an 11 year old! Thanks for sharing OP, it does show the absurdity of the war machine, when MSM jumps on it without validity. Chances are it might turn out to be part of the propaganda machine, or a bad troll that wants to insight.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
maybe the post is fake.. what about the responses??

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

They have the internet in Syria? I thought it was still 10,000 B.C. over there.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace

They have the internet in Syria? I thought it was still 10,000 B.C. over there.

Perhaps thinking is a bit too complex for u...do us all a favor and stfu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join