It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christianity was a Hoax .....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

When Jesus said to follow him, he didn't mean it in the way you assume. Jesus saying to follow him was referring to what he said directly before that. To follow Jesus is to give up any Earthly riches and to live a meek and humble life.

Matthew 5
5 God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.

Matthew 19
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

You are the one taking it out of context and imposing your own. Jesus taught salvation through works, which is why he told the man to folow the commandments.

Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 11:6, Romans 3:10-28, Galatians 2:16, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 3:5, Romans 9:30-33, Philippians 3:9. He does not promote a works based doctrine if you would like me to post a link to an in-depth Bible study on the subject of saved by grace thru faith not works I will gladly do so if it will further your understanding of the Bible and Christian theology. This is hard for you to understand, because you do not truly comprehend what "sin" is, and if it is based on works then no one will get to heaven.

I guess you believe that we can reject our salvation after receiving it by not striving to live a “holy” life. What do you do with clear statements that the Holy Spirit is sealed inside every believer at the moment of belief as God’s guarantee of our inheritance, as it says in Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Cor 1:21-22, & 2 Cor.5:5.

edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 11:6, Romans 3:10-28, Galatians 2:16, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 3:5, Romans 9:30-33, Philippians 3:9. He does not promote a works based doctrine if you would like me to post a link to an in-depth Bible study on the subject of saved by grace thru faith not works I will gladly do so if it will further your understanding of the Bible and Christian theology. This is hard for you to understand, because you do not truly comprehend what "sin" is, and if it is based on works then no one will get to heaven.

Jesus didn't say or write any of those verses. They are Pauline doctrine, and as you can see, they contradict the teachings of Jesus. Paul never quotes Jesus, never cites his miracles or talks about his life at all. Paul only knew of "Christ", not Jesus, as an apparition in spirit form.

edit on 2-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

carm.org...

That link will explain it a bit.

The theme of grace thru faith is all throughout the bible. I'll give you one example which is the flood. Where the flood represented baptism a washing away of sin(a work god ask of us), it wasn't the flood(baptism) that saved Noah and his family, but their faith in God to build the arc.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

carm.org...

That link will explain it a bit.

The theme of grace thru faith is all throughout the bible. I'll give you one example which is the flood. Where the flood represented baptism a washing away of sin(a work god ask of us), it wasn't the flood(baptism) that saved Noah and his family, but their faith in God to build the arc.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

From your link.

He asked what he must do in order to obtain eternal life and Jesus responded with the requirements of keeping the commandments. If a person keeps all of the commandments, it would seem that they could obtain eternal life. However, nobody can keep all of the commandments. Therefore, Jesus' comments to this man show this man that justification can only be by faith since no one can keep all of the commandments.

This is not at all what Jesus said. The man told Jesus that he had kept the commandments. Jesus didn't call him a liar, or say that it was impossible, he added to the commandments, telling him to sell everything he had.

Jesus takes the 10 Commandments to another level.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jesus did NOT abolish the law, he made it harder.
edit on 2-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The rich young ruler wanted to know what he could do to attain eternal life. Jesus told him to keep the commandments. When he asked, “Which ones?” Jesus listed the ones having to do with how to treat each other. The young ruler said he was keeping them and asked what else he could do. “If you want to be perfect,” Jesus began and then told him to sell everything, give the money to the poor, and follow Him. This would have allowed him to keep the other commandments, having to do with worshiping God and Him only, and not coveting his neighbor’s possessions. The young ruler walked away because he couldn’t do that. Jesus had pointed out the ruler’s sin, and in doing so demonstrated the impossibility of earning one’s own way to salvation. The ruler’s sin was in worshiping his wealth and coveting more, but each of us also has at least one commandment we can’t stop breaking. In verse 26 Jesus summed it all up by saying in effect that it’s impossible for man to save himself by his own work. Only through God’s work can man be saved.

I didnt feel like explaining it all sorry im getting lazy

On a good note I learned to use the quote things

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

If Christianity was a Hoax..

What do you mean, "if" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join