It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christianity was a Hoax .....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

You think of yourself as a body then. Bodies die, the spirit doesn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Lazarus Short

What are you looking at?

Life, the world, everything. Especially with experience you begin to see beyond the surface of things. It's like the old Yoruba proverb, "What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up."

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You think of yourself as a body then. Bodies die, the spirit doesn't.

I didn't say that and it's not at all what I believe.

I can't wait to get out of this shell.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well, if you think you have a beginning, you don't really know yourself. You've existed a very long time, it just so happens you're in this particular body right now. That's my opinion at least.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

What you see is the light of the world and it is yours.

John 8
12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Focus on what you see and you will never walk in darkness. To open your eyes is to be filled with the light of life.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Your image is the single eye, and to see it is to be full of light, because tour image is full of light.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
and lastly, there would have to be proof that L.Ron and Jesus both didnt exist...to decalre their religions invalid because they were based on a hoax
Both of them were real, lived and dies, and their followers started a relgion after them.
They are NOT hoaxes.

(Yay! Thats THREE for Jesus!)

Just because L Rom Hubbard did exist, that doesn't mean that his mythology of Xeno the evil ruler, etc. wasn't a fabricated story, created on a bet that he could start a HOAXed religion based on science fiction, as seems to be the case.

edit on 30-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hey, I can respect that.

I didn't believe in anything but myself until God intervened.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

...right or wrong, you cant call any religion a "hoax" right as the OP said

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
StaceyWilson....thank you kindly for your last 2 threads

I have read them very carefully...and they are very "telling" to me

yet sadly

they show a confused Mind...a "scatter brain"

okay...I do understand

however, I need to say to you...It's "Mind" when "flirting" with a female's heart ... is most, most serious for all

fortunately, I did see (that being the reason I comment on your thread)

that you are (not yet) serious about the threads you post, and obviously, not about other's responses

like you, yourself...are not "fully persuaded"... by your own words...and own "stance" on them

you are parroting words that are not your own

though I have the suspicion...that just maybe you have a "genuine search?".. ?

not sure?

but that search got "hi jacked"

I will tell you by Whom...soon

while you like to think you are "open minded" and "free willed"

and your quoting notable "one liners"..which have now become outdated cliches

... is about you appearing as 'self smart"

you do this because you have no covering ...meaning...you don't know Him...our Lord

the evidence of this...is...you have no "own original thoughts" ( don't worry, you are not alone on that) and also I feel you have no "deep heart" ...no sweetness, no tenderness..

okay

... "His Original Thoughts" along with "His Original Heart" got hi jacked by Evil..the Egyptian Pantheon... along time ago

your threads, are so typical of Judah...or Judao Christianity

as in, the Jews/cham/edom

may you please find some help to read biblical history

a good place to start

is here..

www.meguiar.addr.com...

I truly recommend the above site to you

Jews are kazzar/Esau/cham

or

more correctly,

Judah mixed with Egypt...Babylon...which is Edom (.the Egyptian Pantheon)

they have nothing to do with His 12 Tribes

(as a side note..please, may you also *re read* your history on Nazi Germany

as you do, you might be surprised at what you find)

If I may please, help re -direct your search ...a long another track...other than the "mass media"

and "modern christianity" (both are closely linked btw..and both have been sabotaged by Edom)

I like to direct you toward some independent thinkers...and serious investigators

I do believe you have gone from one ignorant "learning phase" to another
and every one of them, has been just as wrongly informed and ignorant as the previous

every line shows.. sigh

by your simple "self importance with retarded phrases to get attention"

please try "thinking for yourself"

and...find others...whom also "think for themselves"

you play a deck of cards my dear...but it is NOT your deck you are playing...it is Evil's, posing as good

you play this card -- "the freedom to worship for all religions"

then you play another card...."one religion will rule over them all"...but what one is that?

JudaoChristianity?

this is typically Edom/"false jew" ..like a chameleon lizard....changing colours to blend in.. camouflaging It's true parasitical and predatory nature

what would be more honest
is, for you love, to come to our Lord and say..."I am confused about this whole God thing...and I don't know what is going on"

and

"I have faith....and though I have a "belief" about where my faith originates from... I have an unstable and insecure soul and don't know You Lord...and therefore ..have no "focus" for my faith...other than whatever Evil presents to me as "good and noble"..and as a replacement of You

and

please Lord, show "Your Heart to me"

that is an honest statement and request...and one He will hear..

because He is a most gorgeous, sweet, tender Being

kind regards

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Not to offend , but to see peoples points of view , for there is a mass turning away from Christianity and so this just to get a gauge what people think ..

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 timothy 4:3

Hmm you might just be on to something
edit on 31-8-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If Christianity was proven to be true, what would you do OP?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
If Christianity was proven to be true, what would you do OP?

I would like to know this, and also what would constitute proof of the Christian God to you?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Is the Christian GOD is the same as the Old Testament GOD?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

NO...

Yet Christians believe they are one and the same... Some even go so far as to say Jesus was the OT God...

Which is just twisted... but whatever

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If Christianity was a hoax in what regard? There are many levels of Christianity. Perhaps Jesus didn't exist. Does that make the core teachings less valuable. No.

Perhaps Jesus wasn't really born of a virgin. Does that make his teachings less profound? No

Maybe he survived the crucifixion, and went to India, the Americas or even France, does make his life invalid? Nope.

Perhaps the biblical character of Jesus wasn't the Christ spirit in total. Does that mean that the earth doesn't have a guardian spirit, or an oversoul representing the essence of mankind to the "Elohim"? Nope.

90% of Christianity is valid without extreme mythology and apologetics, in my opinion. It would just manifest itself as more Taoist or Buddhist like, in my opinion.

LOL That is such a cop out, WW. If I create an all-powerful, glowing worm and tell people that this worm told me to love my neighbors, does that make the worm more valid or more believable?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

NO...

Yet Christians believe they are one and the same... Some even go so far as to say Jesus was the OT God...

Why do you say this?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

If Christianity was a hoax in what regard? There are many levels of Christianity. Perhaps Jesus didn't exist. Does that make the core teachings less valuable. No.

Perhaps Jesus wasn't really born of a virgin. Does that make his teachings less profound? No

Maybe he survived the crucifixion, and went to India, the Americas or even France, does make his life invalid? Nope.

Perhaps the biblical character of Jesus wasn't the Christ spirit in total. Does that mean that the earth doesn't have a guardian spirit, or an oversoul representing the essence of mankind to the "Elohim"? Nope.

90% of Christianity is valid without extreme mythology and apologetics, in my opinion. It would just manifest itself as more Taoist or Buddhist like, in my opinion.

LOL That is such a cop out, WW. If I create an all-powerful, glowing worm and tell people that this worm told me to love my neighbors, does that make the worm more valid or more believable?

If the worm had 66 books written about it by various people over centuries, it would be a very special worm indeed. If we just had your word for it, I would say you were a liar.
edit on 31-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

NO...

Why do you say this?

Simply because its true according to the bible...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

NO...

Why do you say this?

Simply because its true according to the bible...

which passage in the Bible states this? Not doubting you, just interested as I haven't seen this.
edit on 31-8-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Theres far too many to list my friend...

No man had seen or knew the true God before Jesus popped onto the scene.... Jesus was apparently a jew, yet he was a horrible jew because he changed the rules and broke them as well...

Unfortunately I don't have time to walk you through the hundreds of passages that point to the OT God being a false God.... on my way to work... but i'll check in on this thread later tonight

read this if you like

Jesus Vs the imposter

edit on 31-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join