It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Christianity was a Hoax .....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am off to sleep , but i find you all great, and to see what you have written is really great ! ill be back tomorrow
I leave with this.....Quote......from a Muslim...
Full Article here

Let us embrace each other with respect and love! Let us talk together, and envision better days in which we can all pray, and unite in celebration and brotherhood in this Prayer House of our blessed Prophet Solomon, and praise the glory of Almighty God together! Let every Christian, every Muslim, every Jew unite in this one godly desire! Let us endeavor to achieve this together, and let us believe that it is possible for everyone to perform their prayers in joy and peace!

print tell a friend About the Author: Sinem Tezyapar is an executive producer on Turkish Television. She is a political and religious commentator and a peace activist. She can be reached on Facebook, and Twitter. Read more at: www.jewishpress.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Because of Catholic Priests ..

I dare say there are more christian denominations than the Catholic church.

but what would you do if you found out your chosen belief was false ? Pick a letter.. and why..

Lead from the front, great General! Lead from the front!

I am off to sleep , but i find you all great, and to see what you have written is really great ! ill be back tomorrow

And so you leave.
No answers from you to your own questions, we get things like this.....

Okay ,Nice , by faith and not sight , and you have had experiences of Faith, ? Tell me..

edit on 30-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

- leave it BG , please

she s HardCore 'jewish' , though doesnt want to tell outright.
All of her ideas, till the last one, is Solid talmudic inspired.

...and that is why christians are hoaxes - as per that conviction.
she s 'leading on' and using a tactic of Diffusing, under guise of sweet words.

- it is all Fine with me.
everyone should do as they want.

Just - dont fall for it.

regards,

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

- it is all Fine with me. everyone should do as they want.

I agree fully with that.
Oh, don't worry, I'm not going to hang on with this.
I just wanted to call the BS before going on my merry way!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
For I walk by faith and not by sight.

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

We all know what people without sight are: blind.

As for the OP, Christianity is impossible to be proven a hoax because of people with faith, so nothing will ever be able to prove to them it is a hoax. I personally believe that the teachings of Jesus are not a hoax, but very real. Ignore the dogma surrounding his words and you'll find an abundance of wisdom. The context that surrounds his words is what corrupts and muddies them.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 30-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I don't entertain "what ifs".

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Probably go get a bottle of moon shine and a big bag of smoke and call up those two that mentioned something about a threesome . Oh yea I would have to eliminate at least one of my X's and pound the crap out of my brother Tom ...

edit ...yea that is if it were proven to be false but hey ..good luck with that "if"

edit on 30-8-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So why post in this thread?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I dont think thats possible. "Christianity" is a belief in being "Christ-like" and all that stands for. One would have to prove there was no JC 1st, to make the "Christianity-religion" negate itself.

HE would have to be proven a hoax (which by historical accounts...can't happen), to make the belief in the religion-false. Besides. Can one call historical, proven accuracy and documentation a hoax? No. Not if proven, documented, historical and accurate that HE was real.

The religion cant be a hoax...unless the MAN was. And if HE was....there wouldnt have been religion following him.

Yay! One for JESUS!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

L.Ron Hubbard was a real person. Does that make his religion, Scientology, the truth?

Just because Jesus may have been a real person, that doesn't prove that he was born of a virgin, performed miracles, rose from the dead and was GOD in the flesh. Those are matter of faith, not history.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

windword

Maybe he survived the crucifixion, and went to India, the Americas or even France, does make his life invalid? Nope.

This is close to something that I believe and for me, it makes it even more compelling.

He still functioned as a one-time Bodhisatva taking upon himself the sorrow and suffering of the sins of the world obediant to the will of God even to the point of death, but like the "sign of Jonah" while he willingly entered into the "belly of the beast" (Jerusalem corrupted by evil empire) he was also spit back out again, or like Isaac, spared at the very last instant.

His legs were left unbroken, and Nicodemus covered his body in aloa, and post-tomb he catches up with his friends on the Road to Emmaus, employing the art of disguise.. which indicates to me that he threaded the needle.

What a triumph!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Man, youre going WAY off my point here. Of course L. Ron can have a "religion" because he existed. No matter what he wants to call it...or WHAT his followers want to call it.

There is no debating over my opinion. The REAL man Jesus existed, so believe in Him or not...He can have a following over his beliefs and teachings. Just like L.Ron can. And does.

YOU could start one too. Because you DO exist. Thats all. We couldnt declare your's a hoax now could we?

(The OP-question was about that religion being a "hoax". And hoax is no way the correct term.)

Based on a fallicy? Perhaps. But, you cant consider that by definition, a hoax. You could however declare it invalid based on an assumption.

(Yay! thats TWO for Jesus!!)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

..and youre trying to valid the points in Jesus's life ie: virgin birth etc.
Thats not what the OP questions. It was asked if "Christianity was a hoax".. . hoax is not the right word.
The OP doesnt pick apart the religion piece by piece as you have...only asking if it was proven a hoax.
I dont care if Jesus was a donut-maker...then the real, historical person can have a religion about HIM being a donut-maker. It wouldnt be a hoax. Neither is L.Ron's.....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
and lastly, there would have to be proof that L.Ron and Jesus both didnt exist...to decalre their religions invalid because they were based on a hoax
Both of them were real, lived and dies, and their followers started a relgion after them.
They are NOT hoaxes.

(Yay! Thats THREE for Jesus!)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Lazarus Short
For I walk by faith and not by sight.

Matthew 15
14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

We all know what people without sight are: blind.

None are so blind as those who only think they see.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

But none are more blind than those walking with their eyes closed. You do not walk in the light if you walk without sight.

Blind leading the blind indeed.

edit on 30-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

But none are more blind than those walking with their eyes closed. You do not walk in the light if you walk without sight.

What if he's actually blind, in real life...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

What if he's actually blind, in real life...

No, I'm not blind by eyesight, and we ALL see through "a glass darkly" in this world. I am getting a bit tired of insults out of nowhere from people who don't know a bean about me.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It wasn't an insult, only an observation. If you do not walk by sight, you walk blindly. Nothing insulting about that, sorry if you took it that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join