It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook scoops up mobile phone numbers | But won't say why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ATS must have the highest concentration of non-Facebook users on the net!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

When is the next fad social network going to come along? I want to delete my facebook already but than my family will all kick up a fuss... They're the real terrorists...

edit on 8/10/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's something to ponder...

Before cable and satellite TV, people could throw up an antenna and get a TV broadcast from virtually any location within signal range. The TV stations had no idea where you were, as your viewing was simply a passive act of receiving a transmission.

These days though if you have a cable or satellite TV, these companies know more than just your phone number...they know where you LIVE! They may even know your viewing habits! Oh -- and they also have financial information about you because you probably don't pay them in cash either.

Better get rid of cable/satellite TV too guys, they're gathering your information there as well!

Don't forget about your ISP either -- they know your address and phone number too!

Facebook only can use what you give it against you. If you don't want Facebook knowing something, don't give it to them. My Facebook experience is a pretty passive one. I rarely comment on anything unless it's a personal friend's picture or post -- and I don't "like" anything. You know what? I don't see a bunch of ads!

You can live in fear of big brother and data collection, but if you don't give them much to work with you're probably fine. It's not as if we're all that interesting anyway.

I think it's easy to demonize Facebook, but we also have to keep things in context -- we've been giving information about ourselves away in all kinds of formats long before Facebook came along.
edit on 10-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join