It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical: Cardiff, Wales (UK) sighting circa '95/'96

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I guess this would make this a second-hand account as it was my mother who witnessed the sighting but nonetheless one that has always intrigued me. Apparently she wasn't alone in it either!

In 1995/1996 near our home in Cardiff, at night she witnessed what she described as a dark coloured boomerang shaped object that was flying slowly and silently with what appeared to be a transparent dome on top of it. She said she could see the moon through the dome. She also said another man in the vehicle behind her had also stopped to take a look at it. She also recalls that others in the Rhiwbina/Whitchurch area of Cardiff had reported a similar type of sighting. Perhaps this alleged craft tallies with sightings elsewhere?

I doubt the RAF or any other UK government agency would test something over the urban areas of the UKADR (UK Air Defence Region).

If anyone saw a similar sighting in Cardiff or South Wales at the time then please share your experiences here.

Regards,

R~B
edit on 30/8/13 by Retro~Burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't recall anything off the top of my head. But I shall have a look through a few files to see if there is anything relating to this. Cardiff has a number of recorded UFO sightings (as has the whole of Wales).

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Hi mirageman and thank you, appreciate it. It was by all accounts a very unusual sighting and I'm sure more people did see it! Does it ring any bells as to what it could be vis-à-vis previous or later sightings?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Retro~Burn

Hi there

Here's a link to the story about the Police Helicopter in Cardiff that chased a UFO.

BBC - Police UFO Chase story

Wales has had its fair share of encounters.

eee.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 30/8/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: Double post.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There is an archive of sightings in Cardiff and nearby areas here:

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Unfortunately, the search function on the site doesn't appear to work, so going through the sightings could be a lengthy (though interesting) process.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I did a very quick scan on the MoD document releases. NB that I haven't got every single document and not all are converted for easy scanning through the texts.

All I came up with from 1995/96 was this report to a number of authorities including the RAF. police and airport.

It's really only about a bright light.

This was a response given from the RAF St Athan which mentions that the person reporting the incident had made a number of previous reports and was anxious to ask lots of questions and it was probably a hobby.

However it could well have been witnessed elsewhere over the UK. It's difficult to narrow it down though without a definite time period.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I remember I was about 9/10 years old in 1995/96 and I was in the car with my mother and a huge, black triangle was flying ever so slowly overhead. After a little while it shot in the direction of Cardiff (This happened in Llanelli, btw). It's probably not the same thing, but you never know! stranger things have happened.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
I did a very quick scan on the MoD document releases. NB that I haven't got every single document and not all are converted for easy scanning through the texts.

All I came up with from 1995/96 was this report to a number of authorities including the RAF. police and airport.

It's really only about a bright light.

This was a response given from the RAF St Athan which mentions that the person reporting the incident had made a number of previous reports and was anxious to ask lots of questions and it was probably a hobby.

However it could well have been witnessed elsewhere over the UK. It's difficult to narrow it down though without a definite time period.

Great job at getting some info on this incident, that far back I would think that there would not be much data available?

top topics

join