It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take A Train Ride In 1953, 1983 & 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I love videos and pictures that members post here showing comparisons of then and now. I found this video showing a train ride from Brighton to London. BBC filmed the train ride in 1953 and decided to do it again in 1983. They just recently completed the third film this year.

This clip shows all three films synced side by side. My only regret is that they didn't slow down the film at certain areas. It's hard for my brain to keep up with 3 screens running at three times the speed. Either way, very cool idea.

Fun fact: The train ride took over an hour non-stop in 1953. Now? 52 minutes with two stops.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks..
that was a nice ride
and lovely tune

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Yeah it was hard to keep up with three screens going at that speed. It was really awesome though and thanks for sharing.

At first I couldn't focus and I didn't know which screens I should look at..then I wanted the film to slow down so I could see the types of landscape changes...but oh well. It was still neat anyway. I ended up really looking between the 1953 and 1983...my eyes of course would venture over to 2013. So that was interesting and neat.

Have a nice day.

Your avatar is really creepy but I like it
is it from a movie?? It looks terribly familiar.

-nat
edit on 30-8-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That was fun! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Your avatar is really creepy but I like it is it from a movie?? It looks terribly familiar. -nat

Supposedly it was taken in the Amityville House on Long Island NY, but most likely a hoax since the whole Amityville story was a hoax:

The theory states that Paul Bartz bears a resemblance to the ghost boy and is wearing a similar shirt. Meanwhile, the ghostly glow that radiates from the eyes would be due to the infrared film.

'Ghost' Boy

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Like Homer said, it's supposedly from the Amityville house. I explain why its my avatar from another thread:

Mine is of one of the first "ghost" photos that truly scared me. I remember in middle school our library had the complete collection of the Time Life books: Mysteries of the Unknown. (Side note: I would really like to get my hands on the complete collection for myself) One of the books had an article about the Amityville house and this was one of the photos of the investigation involving the Warrens.

The first time that picture was shown was on the Merv Griffin show back in 1979. It was discovered 3 years after it was taken. Gene Campbell, who was a professional photographer, was brought into the house in 1976 when the Warrens went in with their team. He set up an automatic camera on the 2nd floor landing that shot off infrared, with black and white film throughout the night. There are literally rolls of film with nothing on them. There's only one picture of the little boy. It is believed to be the youngest DeFeo boy who was murdered in the house.

Whether you believe it or not, this still ranks as one of the creepiest photos for me and increased my interest in all things paranormal.

Like I said, real or not, it scared the s@#$ out of me as a kid.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

At first I couldn't focus and I didn't know which screens I should look at..then I wanted the film to slow down so I could see the types of landscape changes...but oh well. It was still neat anyway. I ended up really looking between the 1953 and 1983...my eyes of course would venture over to 2013. So that was interesting and neat.

Yeah, I ended up pausing the video at key points just see what differences there are.

new topics

top topics

join