It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just watched the youtube link, did anyone notice the aircraft- looking object in the upper right corner, i think it's at 14-16 seconds? Not sure what it is, all i could see was what appears to be the front end. Very curious about what it may be & if this could be the source of the noise.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is a recent article from the local paper.

Two professors from the University of British Columbia say it’s unlikely the loud scraping sounds heard around Terrace on the morning of August 29 have their origin in the sky or the bowels of the earth.

Rumours began to swirl after clips were posted online that the source of the screeching noises heard on both sides of town was solar flares in the atmosphere, or the shifting of tectonic plates.

People compared the noises to a moose call, scraping metal, angels and whale song.

full article at link www.terracestandard.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh
Uh, this was one person in a subdivision - I think there will be more videos that come out over the next few days. The buildings downtown emptied of people, anyone who is suggesting this was done with loudspeakers are not 'getting it'. This isn't just "hey, that's a loud noise", this is a grating of the sky that makes you nearly piss your pants. This was not a 'prank'. You can clearly hear in this video just how pervasive and overwhelming the sound was.

I liked what you had to say. I was getting really upset w/ the idiots screaming hoax and spewing dis-info themselves. For instance the derelict that said it wasn't covered in their local news... lol had they done a simple search or if they knew how to search they might not have embarrassed themselves as they have. This was definetly a real event and I got to wonder if these people screaming fake work for the same people we're trying to get rid of since they can't seem to tell the truth.

With Janet Napalitano warning of a huge Natural disaster, i wonder if these sounds have anything to do with it. Could the Madrid Fault, inner earth be causing these sounds? Lighting hits from the ground up.. But we don't perceive it that way... So could the sounds be coming from inner Earth and we're hearing an illusionist to speak?

Whatever is going on w/ these sounds... Its creepy. I also wonder if its coming from the cosmos? Space dust storm we're suppose to be going threw?

I wish we knew more...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For the people saying it was a train, really????

I doubt it would cause such a fuss in the local media and neighborhood if it were as common as that.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
According to the one of the Links on Kimberly Wookey's YouTube page, the answer to mysterious noise was a pavement grader.

“We heard this sound, it sounded to me like someone dragging a dumpster across the pavement,” The worker says. “So, we came around the building to have a look and see exactly what it was, and there was a grader grading the pavement. Now, there’s no wind, it’s like every morning it’s just still and quiet, and the sound just carried through the valley”

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Did not have time to read through the thread,and am pretty sure someone has covered this angle.....

In the link below, is some info on past booming sounds as a precursor to big tectonic plate movements.

B.C sits on the northern most end of the monster known as the Cascadia fault system!!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

See this post in thread, page 5...

Realtruth

Originally posted by AlliedMintOwl
The city also took credit for this on their Facebook page

On Wednesday morning there was a strange sound heard by some residents. People got to talking about it and what could be making this unusual noise. Extraterrestrial visitors? A sasquatch and a whale having an epic battle? Trolls? Giant metallic bees?

Turns out….. it was us. ...
City of Terrace FB Page

Kinda sucks it has such a mundane explanation.

Mundane?

Someone just posted and challenged the City of Terrance to reproduce the sound.

Brilliantly simple.

ATS post link

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

but there clearly is wind,

you can hear it and see it move the trees in the video.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

There's always wind, I think the lack of a lot of wind was just an idea someone had to explain why the sound from the grader was able to carry through the air as it did. Personally I don't think the wind has much to do with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
CBC Daybreak North interview of one witness.
www.cbc.ca...

Scroll down it's the third story I believe.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Okay I read it, now I'm not sure what are you implying? That you agree it's a grader? You pointed it out already by providing a link without explanation to what it was? Or you believe the city was lying?

It would help to know what your saying if you said more then, "see this post"!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yeah either do I. I mean these same sorts of sounds are being documented all over the world. I think it has to do with something in our upper atmosphere, whether electromagnetic charges or something else ive no idea but I would love to read a proper scientific study on the matter.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Sorry about that... I'm just finding out that the new 5.3 vrs of the site does not allow for multi-level quotes... So my post probably doesn't make very much sense...

What I was trying to say is that a person suggested that if the city -did- make the sounds with a grader, that they should be able to replicate this pretty easily... Yes, in other words, the person was calling the city a liar. See referenced ATS post on page 5 for details.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Gotcha! Maybe they are lying, I don't know, but from the link the original Youtube poster gave, it claimed that someone actually observed a pavement grader making the noise. I think it's possible that a grader could be the cause and since this equipment is widely used around the world when repairing roads that it could be the culprit for most of the unexplained metal scraping noise being heard. Makes more sense then atmospheric or doomsday horns, though I for one was truly hoping it was something awesome and the "Show" would finally start!

BTW, does anyone know what's going on with the New Topics Fire-hose page? It hasn't updated since yesterday!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS IT EXPLAINS THE SOUND THAT YOU ARE HEARING!!!

SKIP TO 19:20 FOR THE EXPLANATION OF THE SOUND. THEN GO BACK AND WATCH IT!

MADE IN 1988

edit on 1-9-2013 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

video does not exist- Now you have me interested...

I have no idea what it was. never heard it. But certainly think its odd and not any cement grinder. Its above my experience (and I have worked in Construction/industry and mining)

EDIT- NVM its working now. Weird =/
edit on 1-9-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Pretty strange sounds. Interesting.
Almost as if coming from another dimension

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It sounds like the noise from War of the Worlds....you know, when all the stuff started coming out of the ground.

Whether the noise is real or not, I haven't a clue. However, if it is....it's very unnerving

Edit : I noticed just now someone else mentioned the War of the Worlds sound. Glad I'm not alone in having that thought.
edit on 1-9-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I could have sworn this video was proven a hoax. Either way, it really doesn't sound like the OP video, and the OP video really doesn't sound like a waterphone.

Being part of multiple wind orchestras and ensembles in the last 14 years has sort of honed my listening with wind instruments, and I defintely hear some very brass-instrument-like sounds in the original video. It's kind of creepy.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

I have a theory... it's gonna sound stupid though

This really sounds like a water main moaning- this is what it sounds like if you are sitting in the house when someone OTHER THAN ME fills my German Shepards water bowl up outside, has anyone checked with the water company to confirm there is not something crazy going on with the pipes out that way???

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join