It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Could it be something natural?

I've heard of the term 'skyquakes' get tossed around a lot lately, similar sounds have been reported throughout the world, you can google it. It's not just happening in Canada.

I think it's some natural occurrence , interesting non the less, and I would like to know what causes it, and how.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So how many people actually reported hearing this?

Is this just a lone video?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Isn't this the EXACT same sound on some of the youtube footage last year? I want to say from ukraine? I'll go search

Here it is, just not as loud, It reminds me of an old ship or something, very similar if not actually the waterphone? dubbed over the clips.

- But I did hear that it was storming, at least in Whistler, my friend arrived there yesterday from Aus. I'd actually love for this to be real though, and hear it myself. I've spent many a night hoping to hear some weird sounds up there!
edit on 30/8/2013 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Uh, this was one person in a subdivision - I think there will be more videos that come out over the next few days. The buildings downtown emptied of people, anyone who is suggesting this was done with loudspeakers are not 'getting it'. This isn't just "hey, that's a loud noise", this is a grating of the sky that makes you nearly piss your pants. This was not a 'prank'. You can clearly hear in this video just how pervasive and overwhelming the sound was.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Yeah im sure there will be more pranksters making vids if this one gets popular.

The meme started with this film

and was fueled by the upcoming 2012 Mayan calendar end.

This was from google trends

Unless i see 100's and 100's of reports of this sound happening at the same time im not going to believe the video. The op says it 'emptied' buildings but ive yet to see any solid reports of this or a video of people running about the streets in panic.

edit on 30-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Nice.. So you got a waterphone, too

Never heard of one of them before, sure does sound like the culprit to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The problem with so many of these videos is that there never seems to be evidence of people in streets, parks, etc reacting to these sounds. In fact, you hardly ever see any people in them! This naturally makes one suspicious that the sounds have been dubbed into the soundtrack after the video was shot. Unless the video shows people coming out of houses or standing in streets and looking up into the sky, how can we be ever sure that the sounds really were recorded 'live'? Until they do, all such videos must be treated as possible hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

I live near Minneapolis, Mn. Yesterday my friend's dog went absolutely berserk. It was making these long wolf -like howling noises for a bit over an hour, but no barking. She said it happened the last time there were trumpet noises reported all over the place. I couldn't get the date from her but it was sometime in the last 6 months for sure. I remember her calling me so I could listen to her dog. Sorry so vague about dates, but anyway did anyone else have animals acting very odd yesyerday? There have to be a few of you out there! I know so! :-)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Having played in a high school band with poor players, that sound seems obviously of wind instruments. There is that breaking down of the continuous tone at 1:05 indicating a problem with airflow control. You can get that with a horn or reed instrument. A good musician of various wind instruments can probably name the specific instruments.

With all sorts of radio waves bouncing around these days, who's to know if not some really weird harmonics are not issuing from some school's music practice room these days and being insanely amplified by HARRP, Wi-Fi, cell phone towers, etc.?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a load of crap. Just go to the local Terrace newspaper. Check the date (today) and notice not so much a mention of this 'event'.

Utter HOAX.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BristolStew
Now the train sounds became a strange phenomenon. it's just a train maintenance problem.
edit on 30-8-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

Don't you think the sound would more common then?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is someone else farther away from the sound that posted.
The guy commented that if it were trains in the area, he's never heard them sound like this before.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Reminds me of "war of the worlds"

sort of...If I heard this

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

i hear those bellows, eerie toots all the time at football stadiums

instead of being some cosmic reverberation i suggest that there were pipe & horn blowers in various town...connected by cell phone.... creating a 'event' while practicing on their "stadium trumpets"

for the fast approaching sports season activity

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Cant see any horns and that is not thunder either.

Misleading thread title

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Wow, that waterphone sure does sound like it.

Guess, I will leave now.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This is a load of crap. Just go to the local Terrace newspaper. Check the date (today) and notice not so much a mention of this 'event'.

Utter HOAX.

Actually it did make the news ...

Strange Sounds Heard All Over Terrace This Morning
Explanations range from electromagnetic storm to the second coming
John Crawford
8/29/2013
Was it an elabourate prank? Was it the sound of aliens? Was it the second coming?

Those were some of the suggestions heard today, as many Terrace residents awoke to a rather unearthly sound, which was heard in many parts of the city at around 7:30 this morning.

The sound lasted for roughly 10 minutes -- and was recorded by many people.

This recording was submitted to us by Kimberly Wookey.

www.youtube.com...

Similar sounds have been reported all over the world in recent years -- including Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Various explainations have been offered as to what might be causing the sounds.

A physics professor at the University of Saskatchewan theorized that it's likely electromagnetic noise emitted from auroras and radiation belts.

CFTK-TV Terrace

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Explanations range from electromagnetic storm

That's the likely answer, and it seems these noises are heard more often when there are mountains with high metal content. Something to do with Whistler waves I think, and more likely to be heard when there are electrical storms around. Maybe REALLY loud ones brought down the walls of Jericho?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Another local news video on this event from CFTK TV.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
BRAAAAMMM 2.0!

Maybe they are making movie nearby or it has to be a Giant Kaiju! Or some cranky space god?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join