Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 11
72
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67
 


Look at quakewatch - guess we can say that these sounds are fore warnings of earthquakes, now.




posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh
 


OHHH SICK YOU FARTED!!!



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Found an article related to this that expands a little on the main video and offers links to few others. I posted my favorite cause of its location and the eerie quality of the sounds

Believe it or not, up to you.....
Huff Post

Wookey recorded the bizarre moaning noises from her living room and then posted them online, where she saw other reports of people who'd heard similar noises. One resident thought someone was dragging a dumpster and the lack of wind that day allowed the sound to carry through the valley. However, Wookey's video appears to show a quite a bit of wind.

Some claim her video is fake, and that the sounds were taken from this scene in the 2011 horror movie "Red State."

The local police aren't sure where the sounds came from.





If you listen to this video, there is a ton of background noise...kids laughing, cars, birds, wind, but the video looks to be in the middle of isolated forest.
I think that video has the sound dubbed in.



posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
On page one we have people saying that there would be other recordings but there aren't. How do you know there are no other recordings? First of all its a small town. You're not going to have thousands of people recording. Also, when I see a UFO or experience anything crazy, the LAST thing I think of is to immediately get a recording device. First of all, I'm immersed in this fantastic experience, so why look away for even a brief moment when something like this will probably never happen to you again and it could all be over by the time you get set up to record. Yeah, lots of people have phones, but not many people are very proficient or fast with their phones. Almost everyone around me is amazed at how fast I type on mine. The two people I live with usually need my help for something like using their phone to take a picture or record a video. In fact, usually they just make me do it because they just get frustrated. One of these people is a little older like 40, but the other is 23 and grew up with cell phones and computers. So, just because someone isn't old doesnt make them a techno wizard...

Furthermore, even if someone did record it, that doesn't mean they have a YouTube account or know how YouTube works! It also doesn't even mean they WANT to share it with you!!! What, so they can get made fun of by your supposedly "superior" "advanced" "intellect"?? No thanks... That's the other reason I won't bother with recording equipment on the fly when I see a ghost or a sasquatch or alien... There's no point. No matter how good the pic is, it still proves nothing. The best you could hope for is for people to say "its a pretty good hoax, but a hoax nonetheless...". Again, no thank you.

People always assume they know what other people would do in any situation. You don't. Some people would start praying out loud and not stop until it was over. Some would run and hide...etc etc etc... So using your assumptions to come to any meaningful conclusion isn't really helpful. I could say "well since the whole town didn't commit suicide, it must be fake, cause if that happened to me I would be so scared, I would commit suicide!" And that would make as much sense as saying that there MUST be other recordings out there. (and like I said, even if those recordings exist, what makes you think you will see them? Instantly within days of the event at that?



posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470
 


You literally CRACKED ME UP... loved your response... just had to say so


What you say makes sense, and it's so sad how many times on ATS I see... Pics or it didn't happen... even though... it would be much more believable to have proof. I'm like you, I guess... IF I did see something I'm not sure I'd even try to convince anyone I did, because I probably couldn't prove it.. however, if I was going to attempt to share or inform the masses, I'd do it here on ATS... in hopes that someone else besides myself had experienced the same thing, maybe even multiple people.. to me that would be proof enough.. sad though how skeptical and wary most folks here are.

I think it's because of the multitude of B.S. posts and threads that so many have put on here and tried to fake us all with, that really sucks when you think about it, how a handful of bull$hitters and Liars can make it so hard for other people to share the truth!!!!!



posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
On page one we have people saying that there would be other recordings but there aren't. How do you know there are no other recordings? First of all its a small town. You're not going to have thousands of people recording. Also, when I see a UFO or experience anything crazy, the LAST thing I think of is to immediately get a recording device. First of all, I'm immersed in this fantastic experience, so why look away for even a brief moment when something like this will probably never happen to you again and it could all be over by the time you get set up to record. Yeah, lots of people have phones, but not many people are very proficient or fast with their phones. Almost everyone around me is amazed at how fast I type on mine. The two people I live with usually need my help for something like using their phone to take a picture or record a video. In fact, usually they just make me do it because they just get frustrated. One of these people is a little older like 40, but the other is 23 and grew up with cell phones and computers. So, just because someone isn't old doesnt make them a techno wizard...

Furthermore, even if someone did record it, that doesn't mean they have a YouTube account or know how YouTube works! It also doesn't even mean they WANT to share it with you!!! What, so they can get made fun of by your supposedly "superior" "advanced" "intellect"?? No thanks... That's the other reason I won't bother with recording equipment on the fly when I see a ghost or a sasquatch or alien... There's no point. No matter how good the pic is, it still proves nothing. The best you could hope for is for people to say "its a pretty good hoax, but a hoax nonetheless...". Again, no thank you.

People always assume they know what other people would do in any situation. You don't. Some people would start praying out loud and not stop until it was over. Some would run and hide...etc etc etc... So using your assumptions to come to any meaningful conclusion isn't really helpful. I could say "well since the whole town didn't commit suicide, it must be fake, cause if that happened to me I would be so scared, I would commit suicide!" And that would make as much sense as saying that there MUST be other recordings out there. (and like I said, even if those recordings exist, what makes you think you will see them? Instantly within days of the event at that?


Later in this video, they have a clip from a local news channel in Terrace, BC, saying many people had called in about the noise:




posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Personally, I think its the new crop signs hoax. What I mean is that we have seen very elaborate crop signs made, obviously by hoaxters. Now it seems that loud horn like sounds are the new age of hoaxes. Someone earlier said that one of videos sounded like the Reapers from Mass Effect 3 and in fact it does. Also sounds like the waterphone.

It wouldn't be hard to dub something like that into a video. I'm a very open minded person, I truly believe in extraterrestrials, etc, but these sounds seem to be hoaxes. Like numerous ppl have stated, I think if something that loud was heard, ppl would be outside trying to figure what they are hearing.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by no_pulse
Personally, I think its the new crop signs hoax. What I mean is that we have seen very elaborate crop signs made, obviously by hoaxters. Now it seems that loud horn like sounds are the new age of hoaxes. Someone earlier said that one of videos sounded like the Reapers from Mass Effect 3 and in fact it does. Also sounds like the waterphone.

It wouldn't be hard to dub something like that into a video. I'm a very open minded person, I truly believe in extraterrestrials, etc, but these sounds seem to be hoaxes. Like numerous ppl have stated, I think if something that loud was heard, ppl would be outside trying to figure what they are hearing.


I'm aware of simplistic crop circles that have been made by hoaxters, and complicated ones made (sometimes for hire by corporations of their logos) that were made over a large amount of time and not at night, in secret and in a short time period, but I'm not aware of complicated designs showing the characteristic bending and exploding of stalks and other indications of 'non-hoaxed' designs.

Can you point me to known hoaxed complicated designs that weren't done for advertising purposes?

As far as the OP goes, the sound was heard all over the area. It was not dubbed onto her video and it's insulting to say so.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Mystery solved!

The source of the noise was a grader blade being straightened


While theories abound, city rep Alisa Thompson explained that the mystery sounds were a city worker grinding a blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened … and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that." Thompson did admit it sounded "like some kind of epic battle between a Kermode (bear) and (a) UFO, with Sasquatch and maybe a whale thrown in there. That would be great for local tourism."

Source



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Mystery solved!

The source of the noise was a grader blade being straightened


While theories abound, city rep Alisa Thompson explained that the mystery sounds were a city worker grinding a blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened … and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that." Thompson did admit it sounded "like some kind of epic battle between a Kermode (bear) and (a) UFO, with Sasquatch and maybe a whale thrown in there. That would be great for local tourism."

Source


The city was asked to reproduce the same sound, and was even offered money to do it, but everyone at city hall went silent because they did not produce the sound.


And when a grader blade is bent, you unbend it because no amount of grinding will straighten a bent blade.

that's like a doctor saying he will shave off a few layers of your broken arm to straighten it.

Let's use a bit of common sense here.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh
 


Wow! The sounds are back! I am wondering what they really are! Maybe one day we will find out, and don't listen to the people who think you are fake, since you are a Mother of 4, I have 4 kids too, we don't have time to make things like this up! I am going to be checking out more of your youtube uploads. Sorry you got woken up to this, it would scare me too! I have heard something odd once in Maine nothing like this but it did freak me out, haven't heard it since!



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
This one is so flipping creepy!



Now that noise sounds like the movie War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise in it, so I am not sure if that one is real! Why people would use that noise is ridiculous, and if I am wrong I apologize.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What happens when the noise becomes so loud people's ear drums burst and the animals ears burst?
Do the sounds make people feel sick? Are there side effects? Are windows busting out? Are houses cracking?
edit on 5-9-2013 by frugal because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Realtruth

Originally posted by violet
Mystery solved!

The source of the noise was a grader blade being straightened


While theories abound, city rep Alisa Thompson explained that the mystery sounds were a city worker grinding a blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened … and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that." Thompson did admit it sounded "like some kind of epic battle between a Kermode (bear) and (a) UFO, with Sasquatch and maybe a whale thrown in there. That would be great for local tourism."

Source


The city was asked to reproduce the same sound, and was even offered money to do it, but everyone at city hall went silent because they did not produce the sound.


And when a grader blade is bent, you unbend it because no amount of grinding will straighten a bent blade.

that's like a doctor saying he will shave off a few layers of your broken arm to straighten it.

Let's use a bit of common sense here.


Common sense?! I do not work in excavating. How would I know what they do to straighten grader blades? My husband has graders and they make a very loud noise if scraping along pavement.
I don't know about your claim of being asked to redo the noise. It's not just the city working up there. Most of BC roadworks is controlled by WAPATI (sp?) , COLAS or LaFarge Aggregates, better known as the elites on here. He's not available to ask about this.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Give it a break! If the noise was caused by a grader scraping on pavement. The operator should be looking for another job. Those blades are not cheap, and not design or built to scrape pavement. I have seen graders used to clear overgrowth from the edge of pavement. The noise is not even similar.
As to noises seemingly recorded with the noise. Just like your eyes, your ears can be selective or perceive what you want and filter out what scares you.



posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandyjack
Give it a break! If the noise was caused by a grader scraping on pavement. The operator should be looking for another job. Those blades are not cheap, and not design or built to scrape pavement. I have seen graders used to clear overgrowth from the edge of pavement. The noise is not even similar.
As to noises seemingly recorded with the noise. Just like your eyes, your ears can be selective or perceive what you want and filter out what scares you.

Sounds like you heard a Bobcat clearing the overgrowth. That's a much smaller, quieter machine. It's not a big finning catapillar like these big graders are, and they do scrape pavement or clear snow. Maybe saying it was bent meant there was a small kink in it, they grind down? I don't know.



posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by violet
 
State does not use Bobcats or similar small machines, just a six wheel road grader. Paving contractors tend to use a small, wheeled tractor with a hydraulically driven, rotary brush attached. That is for patching or resurfacing purposes. Replacing a road surface uses larger equipment, but none would make a continuous scraping or grinding noise. A road grinder might come close, tearing up old pavement into recyclable gravel. Again, it is a grinding vibration not a boom. The sound of a bulldozer or similar equipment would be very easy to hear above such things as breaking up a slab of pavement.



posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've been skimming this thread on and off. I found it interesting because it's the main reason I joined this site. After researching HAARP for a bit, I'd have to say my personal opinion is that what noises aren't hoaxes are related to HAARP. If they aren't then possibly natural phenomena. Otherwise I would have to say it was definitely a prank following the movie "Red State".






top topics



 
72
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def