It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

Honestly sounds nothing like the sound in the OP video. Thanks for that youtube link, though. Seems like something I might want to watch at some point.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh
Uhhh... Anyone who watched this video with a decent sound system or headphones should laugh their ass off at the suggestion that this was the scraping of a grader blade. This was LOUD, and I mean loud in a way that had people freaked out all over the valley. Two people that I know messaged me about it that morning, one was woken up in their bed and the other was at work downtown where everyone ran outside because this noise was overwhelming, it had presence, it felt just like thunder in the same kind of intensity that makes you cringe like an animal. A grader blade? Uh, no.

It *may* be a hoax, but if so I don't know how they would do it. I have a friend with 30,000 watts of amps in his band room, and the speakers (and PA horns) to push that wattage through. If we were to trundle his stuff outside and point it all up at the sky and play that recording, it wouldn't be 'that kind of loud'. It would be loud, and you would hear it all over town, but you would simply point in a direction and say "hey, that sure is a loud noise coming from over there". Listen to the video, I think it is a perfect recording and example of just how insanely HUGE this noise was. It filled the sky, there were calls to the RCMP from a 30km radius of the town (and Terrace isn't a "small town", sorry by Canadian definition it a city) and if it was manmade then they are able to amplify the resonance and presence of sound output beyond what any concert speakers are capable of.

If anything, the potential that this is a hoax points to a secret club/cult of people pulling this off in various places in the World - similar to how crop circles seem so 'man designed' and yet we never see evidence that people are making them, or people caught halfway through a design, or rational explanations as to how they execute complex designs in the dark so quickly (the one at Stonehenge would have been seen by the staff of 25 security/etc).

It is time to gather up all recordings of this nature, and compare them. I was told there were recordings of this EXACT sound, not a similar sound, the EXACT SAME SOUND, made in Vancouver that same day. Vancouver is 600 miles away as the crow flies.

If people are responsible for this sound, they are using something else besides speakers as a way to produce it. They may have some neat trick where they use train tracks or something as a means to amplify and accentuate existing sound systems, all I know for sure is that the two friends I have in Terrace would punch a person in the face if they suggested this was a sound made by a 'grader blade'.

----

Your post gives rise to some basic questions as to possible causes and my post on
page 6 of the thread I thinks makes good sense since Atmospheric Lensing can be
used to REFRACT or REFLECT all types of energy back towards ground. If you direct
large amounts of radio frequency or other high powered EM or other radiation energy
(usually toward the ionosphere but sometimes also the mid to upper troposphere) ,
you can create pockets of heated or cooled atmosphere that can form "lenses" that
affect INCOMING solar or cosmic radiation OR allow energy to be REFLECTED off
the atmospheric lens back towards ground from a far away origination point!

Our atmosphere is a MALLEABLE substance and by SELECTIVELY heating
and/or cooling specific areas one can create atmospheric lenses of many types
including but not limited to convex, concave, Fresnel, rippled, diopters and other
lens types similar in action to those that work at OPTICAL frequencies. Using such
atmospheric lensing could ALSO create diffuse or focused patterns of acoustic energy
that could literally be equivalent to BILLION WATT SPEAKERS and AMPLIFIERS!
Such a system would be able to DEAFEN populations over a large or small areas as desired.

In the case of Terrace BC, Who? or What? create that sound. I'm not sure if it was the result
of incoming solar or cosmic radiation creating accidental atmospheric lenses which then created
and/or focused acoustic energy...OR...whether someone DELIBERATELY created a large
atmospheric lens....my question if this was MAN-MADE or OTHER? is WHY was this DONE!
What base reason is there to frighten residents of Terrace BC?
edit on 2013/9/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp.

edit on 2013/9/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That one I like, the Kiwi sounds pretty genuine and you can hear birds reacting to the sounds as you'd expect when he goes out on the street, still could be a hoax.
I heard weird rumbling and whining noises one night at the end of our summer here in AU in Canberra one night, first thing I did was go to the geosciences au website and look for earthquakes in the area.
edit on 1-9-2013 by mobtek because: xtra

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Cant see any horns and that is not thunder either.

The "thunder" seems to be wind blowing in the microphone.

Must be a stereo audio recorder on the camera too.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
First of all... these noises creep me out. Even if they turn out to be a hoax or a normal source. Still eerie sounds.

Now, this might be unrelated... so i apologise..

My mother heard a noise when she was younger that seriously scared her. It woke her up and she says she couldn't move in fear. She says "I knew that if i went to look i'd see "something""....

I played her the noise on this video (she's not well versed in this conspiracy thing so she had never heard these noises online before) and she said it was similar.... but what she heard was deeper. Now... this was in the middle of the night, perhaps 40 years ago.... And it might have been a completely different source/sound. But she said it was similar but "deeper" And for some unknown reason she couldn't move in fear and didn't want to look out for the source

I don't know, i asked her if she was dreaming. She says she knew she wasn't because she can remember trying to get back to sleep.... take it for what it is. It might be unrelated. just thought i'd share a little story about a strange noise

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

your mother's story reminds me of why I ever found ATS in the first place. I was asleep about 4:45 a.m. in the morning and awoke suddenly, within a few minutes this shaking that I'd never experienced before in my life began, and it scared me so much so that I was afraid to move or get out of my bed to investigate, which was ODD for me to say the least!

It turned out to be a VERY minor earthquake in an area that NEVER experiences earthquakes...and why I woke up minutes before it began, I guess I will never know. However, years later I started to think about Earthquakes again. I began to Google the subject and it led me here to ATS due to the Quakewatch thread that kept turning up in my results. I've been a member ever since

Once I read your post, it made me realize the similarities that existed between these "sounds" and the absolutely unnerving shake of a tremor from an earthquake. I asked myself immediately if because they apparently both feel like they come from so deep within the Earth and cause the same type of "eerie" feeling could that possibly mean these things are related??? Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
My thought is that its a group prank, numerous people writing on to Twitter etc claiming something and then it takes off. I'm not saying its never happened before and was real elsewhere but this one has a video as said with ZERO people outside yet there's this incredible ear shattering noise that can't be understood as its real impact from a poorly encoded Youtube video and not one person is checking it out.

I find that impossible to consider.

Only on page 6 so if this has been answered then I apologize, but I had to reply before I forget

Did somebody check the time of that video somehow ? There is one simple explanation to why there is almost nobody on the street besides that guy. Maybe its well within work hours and everybody is at work ? I know how "empty" the street can be during work hours, since I work at home mostly, and tend to smoke on the balcony looking at the street.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobtek
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That one I like, the Kiwi sounds pretty genuine and you can hear birds reacting to the sounds as you'd expect when he goes out on the street, still could be a hoax.
I heard weird rumbling and whining noises one night at the end of our summer here in AU in Canberra one night, first thing I did was go to the geosciences au website and look for earthquakes in the area.
edit on 1-9-2013 by mobtek because: xtra

There was a freak unexpected thunder storm here in canberra at approx the same time these noises were reported in Canada. (730am 29/08 in BC equals 1230am 30/08 here).i highly doubt the two are related, just thought it was an interesting coincedence..

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's interesting that these noises preceded the massive 7.0 Alaskan EQ and the following quake swarm by less than 24hrs, geologically speaking they are not that far away from each other, both part of the Pacific Rim Fault/plate system.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't suppose scalar weather stuff could ever invoke this? (HAARP obsessives insert here.)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is an ongoing phenomenon, sound events happening. I saw a story about it couple of weeks ago. There was no event when our during the show but it is something happening and so far not explained. Jeremiah, the story I saw was close to body of water but don't remember if it was sea, It was somewhere you could see the USA across the water from Canada though. Sorry can't remember more.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Yea that's stupid.

Nah jokes. I think the problem is the sheer area the sound covered.

Also a tv news clip posted earlier had a scientist on who claims it something to do with the aurora and magnetic waves.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it could somehow be related to project blue beam. perhaps this is a test to gauge the reactions of ordinary people. imagine if this sound was accompanied by a 10 mile wide hologram of a craft or deity.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
it's a shame this video doesn't contain what less than 1% of videos on YouTube do... editing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Found an article related to this that expands a little on the main video and offers links to few others. I posted my favorite cause of its location and the eerie quality of the sounds

Believe it or not, up to you.....
Huff Post

Wookey recorded the bizarre moaning noises from her living room and then posted them online, where she saw other reports of people who'd heard similar noises. One resident thought someone was dragging a dumpster and the lack of wind that day allowed the sound to carry through the valley. However, Wookey's video appears to show a quite a bit of wind.

Some claim her video is fake, and that the sounds were taken from this scene in the 2011 horror movie "Red State."

The local police aren't sure where the sounds came from.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I heard about that HAARP program and facility they have in Canada. Maybe they're doing something and its carrying through the ionosphere causing the sonic vibrations. Then again, it could be they're testing a mass crowd control technology using sonic vibration. If you get people frightened you can control them and disperse them. Deafening sounds would do it, especially if there's some kind of other worldly quality to it. It can also influence mood and emotional states.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I do think some of the "skyquake" videos are hoaxes. But...it seems to be a phenomenon that occurs outside of YouTube. (personal accounts, newspaper articles). I can't remember what the video was called, but it presented a theory that the skyquakes were triggered by movement within the earth's core/the earth's core slowing down and that the atmosphere acted as a soundboard. I'm not quite sure I believe it, but it was interesting. I just don't know how something in the core would only be heard in specific places.

At any rate, I think it is an interesting discussion that deserves attention and speculation. I'm curious about accounts prior to the YouTube age.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was just about to start a thread on this. To me it doesn't quite sound like the "horns" heard last year & to be honest it'd been so long since any mention was made of it that I'd forgotten. There's a few more videos in this link from Canada.

Noises in Canada

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
THIS IS APPROPRIATE!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join