It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw something very strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So I was sitting in my backyard and happened to glance up at the right moment. I saw what some might call a falling star only this did look like a falling star only different. Really different. What I saw looked like a projectile only when I saw it it looked like a fireball. Or to better describe it looked like the moon in eclipse as a projectile!

Did I lose you yet?

What I saw was some sort of projectile that looked like a little cannonball, the kind you could grasp in one hand. But it appeared as if on fire, then grew in intensity as in a split second got really bright and then dissipated and went dark and I saw the object fall from the sky.

Normally I would have thought it was a shooting star. But because of the close proximity and wha I perceive as an inter atmosphere event. I am not sure if I should notify the authorities or go looking for it on foot.

Not really sure what I saw.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

When I was little and this must have been in the 90's maybe 95 or so, I saw an amazing meteor shower near the coast of South Carolina. I was on a golf course past my bedtime to watch it..

There were thousands of them. They kept coming like rockets barely above the palm trees.. (looked like)

I thought they would light the trees on fire from the closeness. Some of the fireballs were bigger than the tree trunks I was near.

I couldn't believe none of them hit the ground or caused any fires.

To this day I have not seen one shooting star that matched ANY of those..

Are you sure it's not that?
What was the trajectory?
edit on 8/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Just a meteorite, nothing to bother with, except if you can find it, you may get a bit of money for it.. depending on it's size and origin..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Words are failing me right now but to avoid wired questions later I am going to attempt to describe this in further detail. I saw this thing moving east and towards the ground. It looked like someone set a tennis ball on fire and hit it as far as they could and it just happened to land near my house.

But then again it messed with my depth perception really bad, but it appeared as a fiery object that flew over some houses and the fire extinguished as the object fell to the ground.

Could have been a comet I guess, but if it was it was the closest thing I have ever seen.

My words are still failing me.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I highly doubt it was a comet, that would have certainly been spotted by sky watcher networks.

What you saw sounds identical to many meteors I've seen over the years. If you can find the meteorite on the ground, you might hit pay-dirt. That is assuming it was close enough to you to pin down an impact location anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It appeared as a trajectory perhaps coming out of a plane. It was big, however it made no sound if it hit so I a, or sure it was even close.

But for appearances sake it looked like it landed near the canal behind my house or within a mile.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

When I was little and this must have been in the 90's maybe 95 or so, I saw an amazing meteor shower near the coast of South Carolina. I was on a golf course past my bedtime to watch it..

There were thousands of them. They kept coming like rockets barely above the palm trees.. (looked like)

I thought they would light the trees on fire from the closeness. Some of the fireballs were bigger than the tree trunks I was near.

I couldn't believe none of them hit the ground or caused any fires.

To this day I have not seen one shooting star that matched ANY of those..

Are you sure it's not that?
What was the trajectory?
edit on 8/30/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

If I have my years right, I saw this shower down in Florida. I never believed the people who said they could hear the sounds of a passing meteor, but that night made one hell of an impression on me because I did hear the noises one emitted passing overhead. The snaps, crackles, pops and hisses are firmly cemented in my head, it was quite profound for my teenage self. That coupled with changing colors from it, I was truly in awe

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It did seem to me that it was closer then a meteor. Whatever that means.

Your story is very cool though.

It got really bright for a second, the. I saw the core fall to the ground.

I don't know what I saw but there was an object that appeared to land on the ground.

As I said it totally messed with my depth perception. I am not sure what to make of it.
edit on 30-8-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

How'd it go again ?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I saw a really bright flash shoot from the west to east with a little dark spot like a cannonball and saw the dark cannonball fall to the ground.

Not really sure how to explain it or what scale it was.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

could you repeat that ?
Jk
you should really go and try to find it ,if you have an idea where it landed, you could get some cash for it
worth a shot ,just saying Thats what i would do anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

OPs all kid in a candy store.

But it works for him.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah, sounds exactly like a meteorite that cooled, finished burning and landed close. The depth perception at night (I'm assuming it was dark) and even during the day can make distance hard to judge. Keeping in mind that if it was really big then there should have been a whole lot of noise, your idea that it was tennis ball sized or below seems reasonable.

Meteorites land all the time and it would be worth trying to find it... and you could even sell it if you'd want to.

Maybe it was something weird, but chances are it was run of the mill space rock... if burning rocks from space can be called something mundane.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could this be what you're meaning?? There's a video in the OP.

As far as I'm aware, it's still unexplained

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Invest $200 to $400 on a metal detector. You know what to do next. Go East, boy...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hi txinfidel,I used to see something here in the African Bush that reminded me of what you describe-i made a thread on it just awhile after I joined up here-im not by my pc now,I could link it for you later,if you get impatient just look it up under my threads-its called:"Is this a nature spirit or what the heck?"
A flying thing that I used to see here on many occasions,but I saw it lift off vertically+then go horizontal-it was almost the size(estimated) of a flaming tennis ball,as you described it,a thing with a fiery trail in its wake as it flew across the sky here at breakneck speed.I figured in my case,it may be some weird cryptid as yet undiscovered-i do recall a member saying he'd seen something like that also,up in Burkina Faso.
Just for interest's sake,if you want to have a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here's the link,in case you want to have a look.I have also seen something come down one night,like a miniature meteorite,trailing smoke behind it,in the veldt outside my fence line-i looked the next day but did'nt find any marks or signs of any piece of scorched grass.I did'nt even know one could get money for meteorites:-) the one i saw must have been a very small piece-looked neat coming down like that,with the trail of smoke,though.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: added link

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
U have won lotto if you find this.

find this thing and bring it home.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hi here's an update.

Someone suggested that what I was was related to a story that appeared two days earlier. This is not the case as I had posted maybe an hour after I saw it.

Second there was a story on the news related possibly to what I saw or related to my line above, but I missed it.

Third, I do have a metal detector but I'm not quite sure where to look. It did look as if it sailed above some houses neighboring me but as I said it messed with my depth perception and could have been miles away.

I do watch meteor showers and this is beyond in proximity comparatively to anything I have ever seen before. I was also three sheets to the wind when I wrote up the op it was a long night and happened to be awake.

To describe it better it looked like a flaming tennis ball on a parachute, when it went out and I only saw for a split second I saw a little black ball drifting east in the same direction only not on fire. Don't get me wrong it was very fast but it seemed to drift.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Also I wasn't aware of any meteor showers at the time but if there was someone might point that out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I live in Florida near a base. I see strange objects like that in the sky almost every night. There are some calm periods, but shortly after that... there is all sorts of Unidentified objects in the sky. I've been followed as well. A lot to get into. I've seen what you're describing swoop down and curve back up and vanish. So kind of like a oblong horse shoe.
edit on 5-9-2013 by BeTheOne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join