It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look back on your old posts and think, "WTF"??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I liked it when Phage was a funny guy.

What happened there?

Really? I must have missed those..I have cracked up though (really) at a lot of his post...gosh...what a dude he is!! I really like him!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What happened there?

Phage is still an extremely funny guy, I think the school kids were starting to wear on his nerves just like everyone else's. They were certainly getting on mine at times. Hurray for back to school time!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

What happened there?

Phage is still an extremely funny guy, I think the school kids were starting to wear on his nerves just like everyone else's. They were certainly getting on mine at times. Hurray for back to school time!

I'm betting on this. I thought he was on something for the posts I saw in August.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm serious now..I know "Dru", can pull strings...but, like I said b4, I've been talking to her for months. She really is a sweet woman (just real smart), and sometimes pisses folks off (not me.. I understand) it's not like the end of the world when she say's the wrong thing ...I hope she does not get kicked off ATS...please...

for a Vet...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Awww..come on! I ain't killing this thread...please

Somebody post something real embarrassing.

If you do I'll tell you a "true story", of one of my Navy, "nights on the town",

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

There are a lot of times a post or a thread header catches my eye and a hilarious (to me) one-liner comeback pops into my head. Sometimes it's even a misreading of the title that triggers a jocular reposte. I know one-liners are frowned upon and I understand why, but sometimes it is so tempting to just throw it out there. Let me present an example. I just saw a thread titled Whats Your Favorite Martial Art and Why. My immediate instinct was to create a thread titled What's your Favorite Marital Aid and Why (get it?). Discretion took over and I was able to resist. This example is obviously too racy and I really never seriously considered actually creating the thread.

I know the average ATS member is above average intelligence. One of the strongest markers of intelligence is a strong sense of humor but I see a lot of posts that I consider funny that no one else seems to. Is it just me?

Undoubtedly this medium makes it very easy for intent to be misunderstood and in such a place as this tempers can run high. Humor may be misinterpreted, not appreciated, or taken as an insult. Is there any room for humor in ATS? I'm a newcomer and I'm just beginning to get the hang of this place but I'm already having a good time. Is my sense of humor out of line? Help me control myself or give me an outlet!

Need I say more?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

He is,littled,and I too,grow tired of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Awww..come on! I ain't killing this thread...please

Somebody post something real embarrassing.

If you do I'll tell you a "true story", of one of my Navy, "nights on the town",

Ok, your loss...

This Group is for fellow Squadron Shipmates who served with VA-215 Barnowls. Please share your stories and pictures of your experience with this Squadron. Please feel free to invite fellow Squadron Shipmates!

Young and dumb and full of.....spunk.

from left: George Shellman (animal), Mike Manicke, C-dog,Ron Sutherland, Bill Flynn — with Harold Massy at flight deck break...s. china sea.

400, "Double Nuts" on the Rosie 76-77. George Kyzer's plane.

Lots of guys tolerate my presence, but as the only Aussie carrier vet on the various USN pages I belong to I get away with it on most occasions. This is me as a 17 year old aircraft handler, don't let the red gear fool you, our handlers wore red, green, blue and obviously yellow.

Steve Smith and I in PI. Look at those baby faces!

Another picture I found. This is me prior to the Oriskany cruise at Lemoore. Wished I could be a kid again!

ASM3 Mike Bennett getting an award from CDR. Shultz onboard USS Franklin D. Roosevelt. I have no idea how I got this picture, just found it looking for something else!

Lt. King took my camera up for me. I believe this is over Sicily.

This is for her..

edit on 30-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Somewhere alone this timeline,someone posted the phases of being on ATS.

I forgot what they were. All I remember was excitement and discovery,let down and anger,boredom. then rediscovery.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Lysergic

Somewhere alone this timeline,someone posted the phases of being on ATS.

I forgot what they were. All I remember was excitement and discovery,let down and anger,boredom. then rediscovery.

You said it!

ahhh... crap..I'm at the last post again...

This song I never get tried of..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
I check every so often.

While I look at my previous posts and threads,
I'm in awe.
Do I have a split personality?

Me looking back on my old posts confirms I'm a hypocrite.

Maybe i'm exaggerating.

The more I know, the less I know.

Hey, good Idea for a thread...I think I'll continue to post all my "stupid" stuff here!!

Ok, here's a new one!

I just a moment ago had to sneeze (and feed my cats who were meowing...yep.. forgot)

I went to the bathroom (one of them-I live alone) and there was only a bit of toilet paper on the roll.

No problem! I went to the closet, down the way to grab a roll.

Went back to the (other) bathroom and there was a full roll on the, "roll holder", whatever you call it.

I said, "damn", wrong bathroom...

Well, it was funny to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I got drunk and posted some dumb crap on the 4th of july...I cant even bring myself to go back and look at what I said that whole day...lmao...I just ignore it and pretend it wasn't me...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Mugen

I got drunk and posted some dumb crap on the 4th of july...I cant even bring myself to go back and look at what I said that whole day...lmao...I just ignore it and pretend it wasn't me...

Well I'm going to fine it! I might what to use it the next 4th of july!!

Thanks for the post!! You are cool!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Is this turning into a drunk music regret thread?

Why?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Oh, we know...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
YIKES!!! Thats what I get for drinking alone and having access to ATS...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It's anything you what!!

USN operations on small carriers was hard on jet aircraft. Thanks to Howdy for providing the 8mm copies of plat video, filmed aboard USS Oriskany (ruffready's boat) on her last deployment, 1975-76

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Yeah!! Me too, and my cats..(I think they really are aliens...)

crap...ok ...there..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just want to be naked and and famous...................................................

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2013 by kdog1982 because: Freaking double post......................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join