It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look back on your old posts and think, "WTF"??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My posts are fairly hideous the further back you go, 2003 yeaaaaaah.

Lets just say I was open to a lot more possibilities back then. Then I went through a one-liner phase, that was the hardest to shake.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

No I usually don't go looking because then i'll obsess. I do remember and shake my head sometimes. My opinions can change swiftly once I come to an understanding of the other side of the argument. So in one post i'll argue for one side and then in another i'll argue the other side.

Also on the rare occassion I'll post after having a glass of wine, then I never open that post again haha.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I used to write these posts that went on and on (some here are saying, "She still does though..?") I mean, like four pages long, and this "stream of consciousness" ramble that I thought was really clear at the time.

Finding them a couple years later, trying to read through them, I couldn't make heads or tails of them!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I will read something I wrote and wonder where it came from.

I am not that smart. Not as smart as some of the stuff I say seems, anyway.

I don't know where it comes from. Its been a long while since it has happened. Maybe it has to do with when I can take the time to tend to meditation, etc?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yes, I have been very candid here on ATS.

Over the past couple of years I have told all about myself here. I have treated ATS like a Catholic Confession, lol!

I am totally schizophrenic when it comes to Israel. I get so angry at the way they are going about things in the world yet I am in a love relationship with that land and its people. I can be really scathing about some of their foreign policies and the more covert "foreign policy" and then get all worried about their security!

It is better to be honest and contradict oneself than to premeditate everything where there is no real strength of feeling.

It is good to see so many others who have the same reaction when reflecting on past posts!

I love ATS. It is good company for a lonely and out of place soul in the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah...just like my 1st 2 marriages. Sometimes I look at old posts and think WTHWIT?????? (What the hell was I thinking?)

On the plus side of it...I think we all should look back once in awhile. It reminds us to better think-out our responses....

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I look back at many and think, "wow I said that."

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Sometimes I will read something I wrote and wonder where it came from.

I am not that smart. Not as smart as some of the stuff I say seems, anyway.

I don't know where it comes from. Its been a long while since it has happened. Maybe it has to do with when I can take the time to tend to meditation, etc?

Me either, but, what the heck. Awhile back (months ago) I PM'd Miss "Dru", and I, blah blah blah blah.. and to this day (a least yesterday) we've PM and talked all the time. She really is swell and as long as you don't bring up "aliens" or paranormal stuff (which I never did he he he he ) , she's just a regular person. .really nice too.

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am actually the opposite. I sometimes scroll over my past posts and read them over thinking I'm so badazz! I don't have a lot of posts on here but I stand by every single one of them!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Q: "Do you ever look back on your old posts and think, "WTF"??"
A: Um... yes, occasionally. Unfortunately.

edit on 8/30/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, I realize it after posting on forums when I think about it. I used to write down things in word documents and then I'm sometimes embarrassed after it, or when reading it again. I would always delete those word documents but it isn't satisfying, it's more satisfying to send those pieces of poo into cyberspace. Sometimes I won't do it though, sometimes simply writing it down IS satisfying enough, or it's too personal.

Sometimes I write down something that's possibly going to be ill-retrieved, I feel it would be. I never look at it again. Or wait until it has been a long time.

I actually want to become more comfortable with spitting out poo, as in controversial, weird or stupid things in real life. I do occasionally act stupid or weird on purpose with people, but I don't like playing a character, that's what I do then. This is training day and escapism. Real life has it's boundaries though, you must conform to people.

I'm kind of concerned on my privacy, and somethings are better left secret, so I might be vague, contradicting or use cryptology here. On another website I create humorous poems or stories but they actually have hidden meanings inside them.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm with you completely on that one. Specificallymy 5th thread, my biggest. Looking back, it was at that weird time where I was waning between Atheism, Agnosticism and Christianity, and I feel like an idiot for a lot of my posts back then that had almost no factual logic behind them.

3 years, and hell I don't even bother to look in the Religion forum anymore, I've changed quite a bit.

Originally posted by mr10k
Wow.

The Bible is real, but there are so many edited parts and removed books that it's hard to point out the few true parts. It is as real as the bumps and rigges on the palm of your hand.

edit on 30-8-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm with you completely on that one. Specificallymy 5th thread, my biggest. Looking back, it was at that weird time where I was waning between Atheism, Agnosticism and Christianity, and I feel like an idiot for a lot of my posts back then that had almost no factual logic behind them.

3 years, and hell I don't even bother to look in the Religion forum anymore, I've changed quite a bit.

Wow.

The Bible is real, but there are so many edited parts and removed books that it's hard to point out the few true parts. It is as real as the bumps and rigges on the palm of your hand.

edit on 30-8-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Ha ha ha, I don't either..." I was waning between Atheism, Agnosticism and Christianity", I've done this my whole life...

I try not to post on Politics and religion (I stay out of trouble that way)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I stand by everyone of my posts except this one. Now I'm not so sure of some of them.
Thank god we don't have to go before a firing squad before we write some of the stuff we we write.
Half of us would be dead.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

LOL!!!!

Thank you for this post...I hardly recognize myself when I encounter an old post...I cringe and blush.

Originally posted by Lysergic
I went through a one-liner phase, that was the hardest to shake.

edit on 8/30/2013 by kosmicjack because:

Originally posted by Lysergic I went through a one-liner phase, that was the hardest to shake.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I remember, in my Anthropology class the Prof. asked us, what does it mean to be human", (this is asked in all classes as I found out later) I drew a picture of a "caveman" on a high peak looking up at the stars.

Today, I sent "dru" this you tube..
(oh, I did say, I hope you don't go to Mars...she said, she's going...)

I have come a long way..

She is so nice too me. She and me have been talking for months..she is like Mt. Everest..

Oh..here are the words to the above song..

can't feel this way much longer
Expecting to survive
With all these hidden innuendoes
Just waiting to arrive
It's such a wavy midnight
And you slip into insane
Electric angel rock and roller
I hear what you're playin'

It's an orangy sky
Always it's some other guy
It's just a broken lullaby
Bye bye love
Bye bye love
Bye bye love
Bye bye love

Substitution mass confusion
Clouds inside your head
Involving all my energies
Until you visited
With your eyes of porcelain and of blue
They shock me into sense
You think you're so illustrious
You call yourself intense

It's an orangy sky
Bye bye love
Bye g-bye love
Yeah bye bye love
Bye bye love-ov-ov-ove

Substitution mass confusion
Clouds inside your head
Well foggin' all my energies
Until you visited
With your eyes of porcelain and of blue
They shock me into sense
You think you're so illustrious
You call yourself intense

It's an orangy sky
Bye bye love
Bye bye love
Bye bye love
Bye bye love
edit on 30-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: LMAO

edit on 30-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: I like her very much and you should too!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I don't look back on my old posts. What happens behind the shed stays behind the shed.

Selah.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There have been many,the most common ones are the drunk posts.

We need a 24 hour window to edit or delete those.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I liked it when Phage was a funny guy.

What happened there?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
There have been many,the most common ones are the drunk posts.

We need a 24 hour window to edit or delete those.

No! I think it could help those with real problems!! hic! hic!...

What's the fun in that among friends

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join