It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever look back on your old posts and think, "WTF"??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I check every so often.

While I look at my previous posts and threads,
I'm in awe.
Do I have a split personality?

Me looking back on my old posts confirms I'm a hypocrite.

Maybe i'm exaggerating.

The more I know, the less I know.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is like asking do actors worry about making bad films. No of course not since most films are naturally garbage by their nature of mimicking the stupidity of life. Most my posts are garbage and so what!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Yes.. Alot.. but I cant look at my old posts now cause I had to make a new ats account.. its not fun having to start over.. I was only at around 500 posts but still.. cant even make a thread until 20

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Thanks for that perspective.
edit on 8-30-13 by Mugen because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yea

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
yes
especially my drunk posts they make me cringe
and its worse because after a few hours.or by the time i sober up its to late to delete them

edit on 30-8-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Nope.

I look back on my previous posts and think: "Someone should print them out and bind them, because this is obviously the pinnacle of enlightenment. It should be distributed amongst mankind for the advancement of our race and stored in the National Archives for posterity."

You are welcome world.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Have you ever looked back on anything you wrote in high school?

It just goes to show we're constantly moulting and growing out of our shells. Who we are now is not the same person as we were before. Pretty neat, huh?

I feel sorry for those that don't experience such emotional and intellectual growth.

edit on 30-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I must agree, sometimes I have looked back at old posts and found it hard to believe that it actually was me that posted what I did. Sometimes I just think that it is just relevant to how you are thinking and feeling at that moment in time. So if you are not in that frame of mind, then you can see it being quite alien compared to what you do now..........

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

lol, yes, yes I do... which is why I periodically go back through old posts both on this site and others and remove the particularly cringe-worthy stuff
I'm a web developer and I guess it's similar to how I often look back at code I wrote 12months ago, indignantly declare "IT'S ALL WRONG!" and set out to do a complete re-write "the proper way" (rinse and repeat indefinitely). I think the number of wtf's per minute are an important metric, they show how much you've grown as a person since you wrote that bit of code/made that comment/draw that picture/whatever.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Not my posts so much, but some of my original threads, yes.

What gets me is what others find compelling about my posts represented by the S@F system.
I've authored posts where I have researched, and worried, and reworded, and generally done my best
to convey my opinion or knowledge...and receive no response at all.

And then the same day make some flippant, off-hand, off-topic reply and get showered with stars...

In fact it happens alot

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Happens to me all the time, mostly because i get african american out drunk and then post. I always enjoy reading the next day to see what great words of wisdom i managed to spell correctly even though i couldn't walk to save my life.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
People change. I started posting here over nine years ago.
I've changed since then. And I'll change again. Growth is good.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I try not to think about some of the stupidity that has found its way onto ATS from my keyboard. Did that actually come from my mind at that moment? Maybe I SHOULD have been drunk on some of those. At least then, I'd have an excuse.
Especially the ones where I knew better, but for some reason or another, said it anyway.

Oh well. Live and learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I often look (or think) back on some of my old posts and say "WTF?!!!"

Sometimes I cannot believe the things that fly off of my fingertips. I'm an insane genius......you should save this post, it may be worth something on E-bay.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I actuly thnk i was beter at spaelling and less depenadent on auto corrcet... im like "i wrote that? that's freaking amazing!"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Generally speaking, when I review my older contributions to the site, my main concern is that some of them were not laid out in an easily readable manner. Nowadays, I tend to put blocks of text of no more than eight lines of words each, and then break it up with a spacer, so that individual points can be made and easily read and quoted, without people suffering the "wall of text" problem.

That said, that whole complaint sort of annoys the hell out of me, since if one happens to be a fan of reading books, then one is constantly reading big blocks of text, and thinks nothing of it what so ever. However, since there is a general concensus for some reason on this topic, that text broken up is for some reason easier to digest, I have made it my habit to post in such a manner so that the membership of the site can all interact with me and I with them on equal footing.

Other than that, I really do not think that any of my previous postings give me the WTF reaction.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I was going to post a small notebook on this topic but after pondering over the matter I didn't want to regret doing it later.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ha ha ha Yes!

But, after reading (all) the above post I feel a lot better now. Jeeze.
edit on 30-8-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a matter of fact...here I go again (I'm not drinking now by the way, I'm still recoving from two night's ago, playing DJ, on the "mood music thread...oh god...)

The thread I started, "single women with no kids etc..." I don't even what to go back and look at that one

I did that thread after: I had cleaned up after doing yard work and house cleaning and settled down with a nice "stout", to go on "ATS", ...I got my buzz going and, hmmmm, why not! It seemed like a ok thing to post.

It's sort of like having a drink first b4 you ask someone for a dance.

Know what I mean..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join