It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious Answer To Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I know I'm massively under-informed compared to many of my ATS peers, so out of that ignorance I need to ask a pretty simple question: wouldn't the most appropriate approach to the Assad regime in Syria be to inflict a surgical (or non surgical for that matter) strike, go in and extract Assad, and deliver his rear end to the World Court in The Hague to face charges of crimes against humanity? Of course I realize there is always much, much more wrangling involved, but this would not even have to be the US' initiative. Even if the UK doesn't want to participate in a military strike (which is their prerogative), maybe they would agree to a fair trial for someone who has been held up to the world's opinion as corrupt, evil, and guilty of these crimes.

Let me know if I'm way off base. I can take it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I doubt I'm any more informed than you, but I agree completely. A missile strike is a bit much, and the fact that the UK voted against doing so only makes it more risky. I'm sure it's not as easy as simply busting into Syria and capturing Assad, but it's a far more logical plan based on the information I've gathered. A missile strike could harm innocent civilians, and isn't that part of the reason why we're sticking our neck in their business? Because Assad is using chemical weapons on his own people? We don't look much better launching missiles at everyone we disagree with, IMO.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It has not been proven who was behind any attack and since the Syrian rebels are a bad bunch, why exactly would you want to support a bunch of criminals against a government that had previously been accepted and feted by other countries and governments? Things are not always what they appear especially when big bucks are at stake for the armaments industry! Wouldn't you want to promote whatever it is that keeps your business going? A lot of digging needs to be done to discover the REAL cause of the troubles in Syria and whatever it is, it is not going to be whatever the msm tell us.
I believe that Einstein said in words more or less to the effect, whatever you are told, think the opposite and you will be closer to the truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There is not really any proof of gas attacks. And if it was true, there is no proof it was Assad. There is something happening right now. War was meant to be declared on Thursday, but Obama is being busy. He is going to G20, and of course there is Russia, which is Assad's friend. Interesting times.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Why would you want to extract a President who, with his Army, is protecting his secular citizens from foreign fundamental Islamic extremist who are in the process of ethnic cleansing, and setting up Shari law in Syria.?

new topics

top topics

join