It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created us, then why didn't he give us a perfect eye?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What verse in the Bible makes you think God was trying to create the ultimate survivor species?

Non, but thinking he loves us so much and knowing that kids would be the main victims of choking to death by his design... I think I would change the design to make humans not have their esophagus and trachia basically in the same place.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Is that how you know Evolution?

Newt are a branch in the tree, we didn't evolve from a newt......Nothing we see is what we were... all are just branches.. apes are just the closest branch to us.

To the OP:

1) God is Stupid
2) God does not exist
3) God is a 10 yr old kid in a science lab.
4) God is stupid...and does not exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The eyes are better than any camera ever made. Here is a comparison between the eye and a camera made by man: LINK. As the link states, the brain is the fastest CPU on the planet. Combined, what more do you expect?

But our eyes are not better than the ones from an octopus.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Is a Ferrari, which is designed and manufactured, perfect?

There is a difference between god's creation, and human's creation.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

For the Lord has made everything for its purpose. You need to see with the spiritual eye, to live a perfect spiritual life. To be spiritually perfect, you must seek, trust and obey & then you will "see" that you are fearfully and wonderfully made

It is easy to find fault, where there is no fault, 'cause we look and hear with flesh.

You are perfect.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I am not religious. However:
  1. The Judaeo-Christian creation myth tells that God created a perfect world, but its perfection was destroyed when sin came into it in the form of Adam's (interestingly, not Eve's) disobedience. A believer could easily argue that our eyes used to be perfect before Adam ate that unfortunate fruit.

2. Arguably, a 'perfect' eye would be a full-range electromagnetic sensor (sensitive to everything from gamma rays to long-wave radio emissions) with infinite powers of optical adaptation and resolution. There are good physical reasons why such an object cannot exist. Every animal has eyes sufficiently adapted to its lifestyle. Blind cave fish (such as the genus Astyanax) don't need eyes at all, so they no longer grow them. On the whole, human eyes are pretty good – among the best in the animal kingdom in terms of frequency range, amplitude sensitivity and resolution. Did you know that?

On the whole, I think it's best to leave it to the creationists to start threads in this forum. The theory of evolution doesn't need proselytes, although it does often need defenders. Let the religious preach; it's their speciality.

edit on 30/8/13 by Astyanax because: of a punctuation mark.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The eyes are a part of the brain. Our brains are arguably more powerful than the other animal.
edit on 30-8-2013 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

As for the god debate, i wasn't trying to make it into one. If I wanted to make it in to one i would use other topics like rapists, etc.

You weren't trying to make it one, yet you named your thread "If God created us, then why didn't he give us a perfect eye?"

What kind of responses were you expecting? The title clearly challenges God's existence by citing a flaw in the human eye.

If you had meant this thread as a response to Christian claims, it would have been intelligent to point that out in the beginning.

As for the claim itself? Personally, I don't like using the complexity of natural forms to prove Gods existence, simply because it doesn't do a good job convincing people.

On the other hand, I am impressed by the incredible complexity of nature - how far it goes, we still have no idea.
Take Genetics for example. In the 1960s, Crick and Watson mapped out the 6 billion nucleic pairs of genes called DNA. This got scientists all excited and thinking "we've deciphered the code of life". That position was dead WRONG. Now, were realizing how exquisitely complicated genetic functioning is. DNA is like the letters of the alphabet. There are 26 of them in English; the human genome has some 6 billion "letters". But letters aren't words. For words to be formed, they need to be combined in a intelligible way to make coherent sentences, or, with the case of DNA, must work in such a way as to properly carry out the operations of development and function of the body.

DNA has since been supplemented by epigenetics. Epigenetics refers to those molecular processes that occur outside the cell nucleus of a cell, in the cytoplasm, that regulate the functioning of DNA. Epigenetics, in other words, is not limited to the body, but to the context the body finds itself in; chemicals in the bodies physical environment affect those epigenetic factors; a state of mind can alter epigenetic conditions which in turn can turn on or off certain genes (i.e., stress can cause cancer; stress can cause the degradation of myocardiocytes, leading to heart problems, etc).

In short, no organism is an island. It's genetic functioning is intimately tied into the larger fabric of the ecosystem it's apart of. And each ecosystem is in turn affected by the conditions of larger ecosystems. At a certain point, you reach the conclusion that the universe is a highly improbable event; everything is intimately related to each other; from the smallest particles, to molecules, cells, organs, organisms, species, ecosystems, solar systems, galactic systems. The homeostatic harmony occurring between these elements from the smallest to the largest simply boggles the imagination. How could the puny human mind ever come to understand this complexity in it's entirety? It seems utterly impossible.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What verse in the Bible makes you think God was trying to create the ultimate survivor species?

Non, but thinking he loves us so much and knowing that kids would be the main victims of choking to death by his design... I think I would change the design to make humans not have their esophagus and trachia basically in the same place.

So basically you have nothing in the Bible to refute, no sources that backup your basic premise in your OP, and won't respond to my valid answers to your question "why". Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The eyes are better than any camera ever made. Here is a comparison between the eye and a camera made by man: LINK. As the link states, the brain is the fastest CPU on the planet. Combined, what more do you expect?

But our eyes are not better than the ones from an octopus.

An octopus would be unable to see out of the sea. So, apparently our eyes are better. Oh, and octopus are color blind. So tell you what, I will give you a choice between a blind spot you won't notice, or the ability to see color, which do you choose?

Your thinly disguised attack on Christians and Christianity would have been more credible had you made the slightest attempt at being objective. Next time don't ask a question unless you are actually interested in the answer.
edit on 30-8-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
To the OP:

1) God is Stupid
2) God does not exist
3) God is a 10 yr old kid in a science lab.
4) God is stupid...and does not exist.

You exist, but you do not live, yet.

When you get what I am saying (even though you might think I am being sarcastic) all what you've said here will be forgiven by Him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join