It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created us, then why didn't he give us a perfect eye?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yeah who knows what the dinosaurs were able to do before they were wiped out. It would be cool if we had speciated with lizard traits however we evolved outside that circle. You would think an intelligent designer would take something like that into account but it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Here is what I want:
*Sticky pads on my fingers for climbing walls
*Chameleon Camouflage
*Webbed fingers and gills
*Sonar

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

But not the ability to age backwards whenever you want to then age forwards again and then back virtual immortality. That has to be the coolest one I've seen. The immortal jellyfish.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by darkbake

But not the ability to age backwards whenever you want to then age forwards again and then back virtual immortality. That has to be the coolest one I've seen. The immortal jellyfish.

So far people want to live forever, be immune to disease, be able to regenerate any injury, fly, climb walls, have perfect body parts that sense everything possible ....

Sounds like people want to be a god. Would such a creature be likely to worship the REAL God? If not, would it actually be better for us to be more perfect in this world if it meant a separation from God in the next?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18
I hear a lot that god made us perfect. An example given is the human eye.

But are our eyes really that perfect?

Our eyes are not perfect, one of it's faults is that it has a Blind Spot. The eye of an octopus doesn't have this problem. If our nerve fibers and our retina changed positions then our eyes would be better designed and we wouldn't have the blind spot.

If god created us, then why did he give the octopus better eyes?

Let me tell you what those in the "know" think of your "god" and his claimed creations;

And to this day, [those] who...know the self as I am Brahman [IS-ness], become all this universe. 
Even the gods [any other dimensional beings] cannot prevent his becoming this, for he has become their Self. ...if a man worships another deity thinking: He is one and I am another, he  does not know. 

He [who does not know] is like a sacrificial animal to the gods. As many animals serve a man, so does each man serve the gods. Even if one animal is taken away, it causes anguish to the owner; how much more so when many are taken away! 
     Therefore it is not pleasing to the gods that men should know this [that they are IS-ness].

Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, I.iv.10

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Congratulations, you made a post that had nothing to do with the topic or the OP's belief system. Be proud!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Pretty sad to see that most of the people in this thread
don't have the first clue when it comes to appreciation
of what they have.

My eyes are perfect.

Thank you God.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Pretty, but a bit too fake. I always prefer more natural women.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well I wasn't try'n to set you up with her.

I was just "using her" for an example.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well I wasn't try'n to set you up with her.

I was just "using her" for an example.

well to bring it back on topic .. she was more perfect the way God created her than how she looks now. Proof we are created perfect.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Our eyes are not perfect, one of it's faults is that it has a Blind Spot. The eye of an octopus doesn't have this problem. If our nerve fibers and our retina changed positions then our eyes would be better designed and we wouldn't have the blind spot.

Our eyes are perfect as it is. Why change something that doesn't need fixing? If it's problematic, then, attach side mirrors in front of your face. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Congratulations, you made a post that had nothing to do with the topic or the OP's belief system. Be proud!

Sure it did. It undermined the very basis of his belief system. If you had read my quote a bit closer, and had been a bit brighter, you might had understood the point I was making.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

I don't think the bible will answer my question.

The eyes are better than any camera ever made. Here is a comparison between the eye and a camera made by man: LINK. As the link states, the brain is the fastest CPU on the planet. Combined, what more do you expect?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Sure it did. It undermined the very basis of his belief system. If you had read my quote a bit closer, and had been a bit brighter, you might had understood the point I was making.

And what is his belief system, if you think Christian you should take another guess.
edit on 30-8-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

And what is his belief system, if you think Christian you should take another guess.
edit on 30-8-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

I don´t need to guess. I already offered a perfectly valid explanation, anyone with an average IQ can comprehend. . Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? .

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I hear a lot that god made us perfect.

By who, again? Entropy is a major and important feature of the universe we live in.

Is a Ferrari, which is designed and manufactured, perfect?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Maybe there are some things that God (if there is one) just doesn't want us to see!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Who's to say that our eyes weren't perfect? Our eyes today may be a result of everything we consume, air pollution, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
When God said we were created 'good' or 'perfect' as some say, he meant in a way for us to live the lives we are meant to live. It does not mean perfect as in no flaws. Life would be too easy and imagine the destruction we would have caused to this planet if we had flawless bodies. We have already messed things up with our flawed bodies. He meant perfect as in we will still suffer trials and tribulations because of the state of our bodies but these 'imperfections' enable us to learn and develop more spiritually. If we were perfect in the way you have mis understood it we would consider ourselves to be godlike..this would be a disaster for us. We are perfect in a way to live our lives for better spiritual development. Remember the Bible tells us that this life is just the beginning....true life is yet to come (check out some after death experiences on youtube, most people said after death they felt 'more alive than they ever did'. When people ask 'why does God allow suffering'....its the same principle...to learn, to understand others, to learn compassion for those who suffer more than us, to do the right things....it helps create goodness in others.

The answers are in the Bible.....try reading it a bit more, you will get an understanding fairly quickly.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

what????

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join