It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Thank You To Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

did those convoys really transport weapons to syria??

lets say for the sake of argument hey did..

how about.. this

Bush and the patriot act... aka enabling act of 1933.. i think he used teh same line to pitch it.

Obama supports it and did nothing to squash it.

the patriot act is what has allowed our government to chase anything ti deems a national security risk.

your point of WMD and bush being a liar are moot.

edit on 30-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Last week while Obama praised MLK who was a man genuinely dedicated to peace, justice and equality; Obama is trying to overthrow a sovereign country for the purpose of installing religious radicals who don't believe in peace, justice and equality by modern standards.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Welcome Everyone To Opperation Save Face

Yupp this whole event is just staged for Obama to say...."I was almost ready to do something, but then....well....uh.....ya know.....circumstances and stuff...The "Red Line" was just a metaphore really"

Not POTUS just PUTZ

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octave
reply to post by Flatfish

How dare you suggest such a thing!

I refrain from commenting in the political forums because quite frankly I'm not schooled enough to have a well formed opinion, but I do read them on a regular basis and I'm learning a lot from them.

Your comment sickens me and is a perfect example of the legacy of the Obama administration.

Yeah, well the ignorant propositions coming from the right, like the one in this OP, sickens me too! Welcome to the club.

There isn't one shred of evidence to show that the chemical weapons currently being used in Syria came from Iraq or anywhere else outside of Syria. The entire premiss of the OP is pure conjecture based on nothing more than a psychopathic need to blame everything bad in the world on Obama.

Michelle Bachman ain't got nothing on you people.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I hope Iran is watching....Next week..their gonna roll out some fresh nukes...cause well...red lines are just metaphors
Thank you PUTZ

oh...that means in current lingo Prez Uh These Zates

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The script was written pre - 9/11 the memo got sent post 9/11, and the Presidents have been following it ever since.
But I must admit the propaganda sales job Obama did in 2008 was masterful, there was no viable alternative in 2012 except Ron Paul.

There is no change we can believe in.

I guess it's Syria's turn now.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
I hope Iran is watching....Next week..their gonna roll out some fresh nukes...cause well...red lines are just metaphors

Shoooo.......I WISH!

That's a Red Line I can accept!

Seriously...

Syria is just a lapdog.....I want the owner.

edit on 30-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Yah...I generally like Flatfish, but that post was out of bounds and apologies for not digging back to see what you were responding to. My bad.

You are absolutely right, my FEMA camp post was said in jest but it was still a little out of bounds and I probably shouldn't have gone there. My bad.

On the other hand, the degree of lunacy being proposed in the threads coming from right-wing ATSers lately is really getting out of hand and it's the promotion of baseless crazy assed anti-government rhetoric like this that eventually pushes a weak minded person into doing something crazy and then when it happens, they sit back as if they had nothing to do with it. It makes me sick to think that if they keep this crap up, another Gabby Giffords style incident is probably just around the corner.

More and more, ATS is reminding me of the republican party where the right-wing Tea Party nuts have taken over and the party of old is barely even recognizable.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

wow a powerful interview....nice quote "no one is threatening to intervene in Africa"

What are US priorities?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Very good, I thought that everyone had forgotten the convoys. the problem is that the media are already saying that the Russians gave Syria the wear with all to develop Chem weapons.

I totally agree with you that these are Hussein's WMD that America gave to him and the really sad thing is that they will probably be used on our own military if we put boots on the ground.

Help me with this Ahabstar.......does the insanity ever stop,,,,,,?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

From the looks of the guy in the video the Rothschild's are so inbreed that time will catch up with them soon enough.

They would be living(if you can call it that) proof to the swan song of the human race, I have no doubt that they would destroy the world if they thought they would not achieve there agenda to control it. The insanity from inbreeding must be rampant at this point in there linage.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

We had no reason to invade Iraq in the first place. Even if they did have chemical weapons (which none were found), they were never a threat to us. If you actually think Iraq was a threat to us and that was the true reason the U.S. invaded them, that is the lie that you believe. IMHO

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I... We... Leaned of Obama and like a fool i fell right in w/ most of the rest of America in believing he was change. The night he won was like Christmas Morning. I thought we were finally going to see the end to an illegle war... Ect and possibly most of the Bush Admin brought to justice. I cried i was so happy.

Sorry, but I can't believe that you were so naive.

I wanted to believe Obama, so I listened to what he had to say. All I heard was promise after promise, and no plan. Slick, slogans like "hope" and "change" presented like a high-priced Madison Avenue advertising agency commercial for "male enhancement" pills.

I wanted to believe but I learned something a long time ago - When a politician is promising the world, they're planning to keep it for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Bushes too, but I could see right through Obama like glass. I always knew he was dangerous, and here we are today with Bush III.
edit on 8/30/2013 by AntiNWO because: voices in my head keep changing what to type.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Great post but I though it was well known Assad has chemical weapons legally?

Kind of amusing how the op himself is misleading and I had to read this far down the page before someone called him on it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

from your original source on Wiki,

By 1990, both media and statements by U.S. officials indicated that Syria had converted several agrochemical factories into sarin production facilities. Reports then appeared alleging that Syria had begun researching the more toxic V-series nerve agents. Throughout the 1990s, reports pointed to continuing work on V-agents but also suggested a lack of success.

So you keep saying Syria HAD chemical weapons since the 90´s, but didnt even READ your own source? It clearly states that they had no REAL success developing them. Saddam tried to make an intercontinental artillery gun....didnt work out, but are you going to imply by your logic that such a thing then exists exists?

I will show you later on in this post why it is common knowledge that Syria always depended on external sources for its chemical weapons.

The entire middle east was researching WMDs at this time, hence why the international community was alerted by the worlds intelligence agencies to take a closer look (hint they were helping them MAKE THEM by way of illegal arms sales).

Such was the concern that the UN sent teams to assess the capabilities of each nation but STAYED inspecting Iraq after the first gulf war since it never found what it was looking for. What it KNEW was there (what Europe and the US gave them).

All that was found was expired mustard gas. They knew there was more. They knew this because GERMANY manufactured or helped manufacture Iraq´s chemical weapons and those were not accounted for. Some WMDs were French in origin (equipment to make them or by way of engineers to instruct). Some American (equipment to make them or by way of engineers to instruct). ALL were given by means of Firms and dummy companies from ALL OVER Europe and the US. You know.... the BLACK MARKET of arms sales….

That is why its such a touchy subject and why SO MUCH effort is being put to cover up the fact of Syria´s chemical weapons are Iraq´s former arsenal. It would make Germany and France ( to name two) have to account for something that the international community turned a blind eye to before you and I were even born. One of “those types” of agreements.

In the early 1970s, Saddam Hussein ordered the creation of a clandestine nuclear weapons program. Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs were assisted by a wide variety of firms and governments in the 1970s and 1980s.

As part of Project 922, German firms such as Karl Kobe helped build Iraqi chemical weapons facilities such as laboratories, bunkers, an administrative building, and first production buildings in the early 1980s under the cover of a pesticide plant. Other German firms sent 1,027 tons of precursors of mustard gas, sarin, tabun, and tear gasses in all. This work allowed Iraq to produce 150 tons of mustard agent and 60 tons of Tabun in 1983 and 1984 respectively, continuing throughout the decade.

Five other German firms supplied equipment to manufacture botulin toxin and mycotoxin for germ warfare. In 1988, German engineers presented centrifuge data that helped Iraq expand its nuclear weapons program. Laboratory equipment and other information was provided, involving many German engineers. All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin. The State Establishment for Pesticide Production (SEPP) ordered culture media and incubators from Germany's Water Engineering Trading.
en.wikipedia.org...

^ Hamza, Khidhir (September/October 1998). Inside Saddam's secret nuclear program. "Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists". Retrieved 2009-07-20.

^ "What Iraq Admitted About its Chemical Weapons Program" (GIF). Retrieved 2006-04-28.

^ "Iraq's Purchases in the A-Bomb Supermarket" (PDF). The New York Times: E5. July 18 1993. Retrieved 2006-04-28.

^ "Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq’s WMD, Chapter 4 - Nuclear". September 30, 2004. Retrieved 2007-09-13.

^ a b c "Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq’s WMD, Chapter 5 - Iraq’s Chemical Warfare Program". September 30, 2004. Retrieved 2007-09-13.

^ Tony Paterson (December 18 2002). "Leaked Report Says German and US Firms Supplied Arms to Saddam". The Independent (UK).

^ McGee, Maggie (October 10, 1990). "We Have Surprises". Der Spiegel. pp. 1148–152.

It is not that "BUSH LIED AND PEOPLE DIED. " No. Its that we armed them to the teeth, showed them how to make their own weapons and now had a serious problem on our hands. By we I mean Europe AND the US. Not just the US....hence why the coalition forces all played game long enough to destroy the evidence of their hand in the mix. Once that was done, they left. The US stayed for other reasons, but ultimately the fact remained that Iraq was a loose piece of the puzzle and was too well armed to leave alone. Not just in its WMDs which it could have not had, that much is probably true. It was a danger because it had DECADES of expertise in chemical weapons and strategic planning using them, as well as developing them. THAT is why we went to Iraq. Not to free them or to find a nuke....no. It was to secure a wild card WE MADE.

There is dispute about whether Iraq still had WMD programs after 1998 and whether its cooperation with the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC) was complete. Chief weapons inspector Hans Blix said in January 2003 that "access has been provided to all sites we have wanted to inspect" and Iraq had "cooperated rather well" in that regard, although "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance of the disarmament."

On March 7, in an address to the Security Council, Hans Blix stated: "Against this background, the question is now asked whether Iraq has cooperated "immediately, unconditionally and actively" with UNMOVIC, as is required under paragraph 9 of resolution 1441 (2002)... while the numerous initiatives, which are now taken by the Iraqi side with a view to resolving some long-standing open disarmament issues, can be seen as "active", or even "proactive", these initiatives 3–4 months into the new resolution cannot be said to constitute "immediate" cooperation. Nor do they necessarily cover all areas of relevance." Some U.S. officials understood this contradictory statement as a declaration of noncompliance.

^ "An Update on Inspection". 2003.

^ King, Kyle (December 20, 1998). "U-S OFFICIALS SAY THEY UNDERSTAND THAT SADDAM HUSSEIN MAY NEVER ALLOW U-N WEAPONS INSPECTORS BACK IN THE COUNTRY". Voice of America.

There were no weapon inspections in Iraq for nearly four years after the UN departed from Iraq in 1998, and Iraq asserted that they would never be invited back.

In addition, Saddam had issued a secret order that Iraq did not have to abide by any UN Resolution since in his view the United States had broken international law.

^ "Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq’s WMD Chapter 1: Regime Strategic Intent - Section 7: Realizing Saddam’s Veiled WMD Intent". September 30, 2004.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is more, so I will provide it since people seem to think they “know it all” when in reality they only know as much as some BS extremist LEFT OR RIGHT source told them……The truth runs so deep that the distinction between US and European hypocrisy cant really be made. THIS is how the west makes BILLIONS to fund government toppling ventures and shadow governments IN ALL COUNTRIES IN THE WEST.

This next source focuses on the US´s involvement but as I explained and showed it was not just the US but more so a combined effort of Europe and the US. IN fact the US couldnt have armed saddam without Europe.

More to the point, MANY European firms and arms dealers made huge profits along with their respective governments. MOST of Iraq´s weapons industry was European in origin.

You may feel disgusted by the hypocrisy of US plans to make war on Iraq and sickened at the inevitable slaughter of thousands of people. But if you could only vaguely recall the details of how deep the hypocrisy goes, then read on.

The US not only helped arm Iraq with military equipment right up to the time of the Kuwait invasion in 1989, as did Germany, Britain, France, Russia and others, but also sold and helped Iraq to integrate chemical weapons into their US-provided battle plans while fighting Iran between 1985-1988.

According to a New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."

Details about Iraq killing Iranians with US-supplied chemical and biological weapons significantly deepens our understanding of the current hypocrisy. It began with "Iraq-gate" -- when US policy makers, financiers, arms-suppliers and makers, made massive profits from sales to Iraq of myriad chemical, biological, conventional weapons, and the equipment to make nuclear weapons. Reporter Russ Baker noted, for example, that, "on July 3, 1991, the Financial Times reported that a Florida company run by an Iraqi national had produced cyanide -- some of which went to Iraq for use in chemical weapons -- and had shipped it via a CIA contractor." This was just the tip of a mountain of scandals.
rense.com...

And some more about how disarmed Iraq was in regards to its chemical weapons straight from the CIA library.

They say that even though the chemical weapons manufacturing and development was never as it was in the pre gulf war 1 era, it NEVER STOPPED. The question you have to ask yourselves is where did the stockpiles and delivery systems, and production equipment that must then exist go? Bush didnt have them hidden away. They would have been his vindication.

You will not be able to say they were all destroyed either since even the CIA is at odds with that scenario.

The way Iraq organized its chemical industry after the mid-1990s allowed it to conserve the knowledge-base needed to restart a CW program, conduct a modest amount of dual-use research, and partially recover from the decline of its production capability caused by the effects of the Gulf war and UN-sponsored destruction and sanctions. Iraq implemented a rigorous and formalized system of nationwide research and production of chemicals, but ISG will not be able to resolve whether Iraq intended the system to underpin any CW-related efforts.

The Regime employed a cadre of trained and experienced researchers, production managers, and weaponization experts from the former CW program.

• Iraq began implementing a range of indigenous chemical production projects in 1995 and 1996. Many of these projects, while not weapons-related, were designed to improve Iraq’s infrastructure, which would have enhanced Iraq’s ability to produce CW agents if the scaled-up production processes were implemented.

Iraq had an effective system for the procurement of items that Iraq was not allowed to acquire due to sanctions. ISG found no evidence that this system was used to acquire precursor chemicals in bulk; however documents indicate that dual-use laboratory equipment and chemicals were acquired through this system.

Here the CIA explains where chemical weapons were probably being produced or tested in small scale. Most likely an RD network of laboratories.

ISG uncovered information that the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) maintained throughout 1991 to 2003 a set of undeclared covert laboratories to research and test various chemicals and poisons, primarily for intelligence operations. The network of laboratories could have provided an ideal, compartmented platform from which to continue CW agent R&D or small-scale production efforts, but we have no indications this was planned. (See Annex A.)

• ISG has no evidence that IIS Directorate of Criminology (M16) scientists were producing CW or BW agents in these laboratories. However, sources indicate that M16 was planning to produce several CW agents including sulfur mustard, nitrogen mustard, and Sarin.

Exploitations of IIS laboratories, safe houses, and disposal sites revealed no evidence of CW-related research or production, however many of these sites were either sanitized by the Regime or looted prior to OIF. Interviews with key IIS officials within and outside of M16 yielded very little information about the IIS’ activities in this area.

The existence, function, and purpose of the laboratories were never declared to the UN.

• The IIS program included the use of human subjects for testing purposes.

Here you have more showing Iraq´s desire to comply with UN sanctions. Its not that they didnt allow inspectors in, its that they NEVER gave up their model for national defence which WAS, before gulf war 1, based on chemical weapons. Had they gotten that infrastructure back, NO ONE could go into Iraq, because well, they were armed to their teeth before hand with chemical weapons. It was their specialty in the ME.

Iraq initially chose not to fully declare its CW weapons and infrastructure, a decision usually attributed to Husayn Kamil and implemented by senior personnel including his senior deputy, Amer al-Sa’adi.

Anticipating that inspections would be an ineffective and short-lived inconvenience, Iraqi leaders decided in early April 1991 to hide significant components of the CW program, including weapons, precursors, and equipment.

• Following a particularly invasive IAEA inspection in late-June 1991, Saddam ordered Dr. Mahmud Faraj Bilal, former deputy of the CW program, to destroy all hidden CW and BW materials, according to an interview with Bilalafter OIF.

Available evidence indicates Iraq destroyed its hidden CW weapons and precursors, but key documentation and dual-use equipment were retained and were later discovered by inspectors.

For the next five years, Iraq maintained the hidden items useful for a CW program restart but did not renew its major CW efforts out of fear the UN sanctions would not be removed. UN sanctions severely limited Iraq’s financial resources. Raw materials, precursors, equipment, and expertise became increasingly scarce.

The crippling of Iraq’s CW infrastructure by the war, and the subsequent destruction and UN monitoring of much of the remaining materials and equipment limited Iraq’s ability to rebuild or restart a CW program.

• The effects of sanctions reverberated throughout the scientific community and affected all aspects of industry within Iraq. Many scientists were underemployed or had access to neither research and production materials nor professional development.

Here is why Saddam played ball eventually. He wanted to get the sanctions lifted from Iraq enough to start up his Chemical weapons program again. Iraq had the know how and had preserved enough equipment and specialists to do so. They just needed the UN to ease off. Saddam went so far as to make a decree to hold any scientist or researcher and their families responsible for ANY item, or data that was found by inspectors that hindered his efforts to lift the sanctions. The only thing holding Iraq back from chemical weapons guru status again was the UN sanctions. That is why NO ONE in the intelligence community or in leadership world wide bought an iota of his "we are just trying to live normal lives now" routine.

Iraq wasnt entirely innocent , no matter what some people believe. Better said, Saddam was not. His bag was not new.

Recovery and Transition, 1996-2003
Iraq’sCW program was crippled by the Gulf war and the legitimate chemical industry, which suffered under sanctions, and only began to recover in the mid-1990s. Subsequent changes in the management of key military and civilian organizations, followed by an influx of funding and resources, provided Iraq with the ability to reinvigorate its industrial base. Iraq’s acceptance of the UN OFF program in 1996 was the foundation of Iraq’s economic recovery and sparked a flow of illicitly diverted funds.

Iraq’s chemical industry surged in the late 1990s, when more financial resources became available to the Regime. Although Iraq still lagged behind its pre–Gulf war capabilities, it was able to divert a portion of its revenue to purchase new plants and renovate existing ones to renew its basic chemical industry.

Iraq was successful in procuring, constructing, and commissioning a complete state-of-the-art chemical facility for ammonium perchlorate through the Indian company NEC. Ammonium perchlorate is a key chemical for missile propellants.

• Iraq began refurbishing, and in some cases expanding, existing chemical facilities with foreign assistance. For example, the Al Tariq complex renovated its chlorine and phenol lines and restarted them in March 2000, according to reporting.
Between 1996 and 2003, the IIC coordinated large and important projects for the indigenous production of chemicals.

• A written order from Saddam established the National Project for Pharmaceuticals and Pesticides (NPPP). NPPP focused on the synthesis of drugs and pesticides, for which Iraq in the past relied heavily on foreign suppliers.

The IIC examined over 1,000 chemicals for initial R&D to determine the feasibility of scaled-up production. ISG notes that two chemicals on this list were compounds that are consistent with an experimental VX pathway.

• The process for vetting the 1,000 chemicals for economic feasibility and large-scale production was intensive and formalized. The IIC leadership built in several layers of review, research, and justification before compounds were selected for scale-up,raising further suspicion about the three compounds, particularly dicyclocarbodiimide (DCC)—a dehydrating agent that can be used as a VX stabilizer

• Dr. Ja’far Dhia Ja’far, and IIC member, could not recall which projects were accepted for scale-up but he knew that some compounds were dual-use and declarable to the UN, and that the National Monitoring Directorate (NMD) did not declare all of the chemicals.

www.cia.gov...

Thats the history and the known state of intent and capabilty according to the CIA.

Here is the acquisition and capabilities broken down by country in a report given to Congress in 2003 by the CIA.

Chemical and Biological. Syria continued to seek CW-related expertise from foreign sources during the reporting period. Damascus already held a stockpile of the nerve agent sarin, but apparently tried to develop more toxic and persistent nerve agents. Syria remained dependent on foreign sources for key elements of its CW program, including precursor chemicals and key production equipment. It is highly probable that Syria also continued to develop an offensive BW capability
www.cia.gov...

Hmmm, who would Syria be buddy buddy with? What foreign sources" would they "depend on"· Who was the go to guy in the middle east when it came to chemical weapons? Thats right, IRAQ. Iran was not helped to develop chemical weapons since the whole idea was to USE THEM ON IRAN by Iraq´s hand so it never had Iraq´s know how and production infrastructure.

SO where would Iraq´s extra stock piles go?

James Clapper, now the Director of National Intelligence and formerly the director of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, said in 2003 that he believed materials had been moved out of Iraq in the months before the war and cited satellite imagery.
blog.usni.org...

King Abdullah of neighboring Jordan warned that a disintegrating Syria on the verge of civil war puts Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons at risk of falling into the hands of al-Qaida.

"One of the worst-case scenarios as we are obviously trying to look for a political solution would be if some of those chemical stockpiles were to fall into unfriendly hands," he said.

The irony here is that the chemical weapons stockpile of Syrian thug Assad may in large part be the legacy of weapons moved from Hussein's Iraq into Syria before Operation Iraqi Freedom.

And here is the irrefutable proof. The second in command of the Iraqi air force said that he personally knew of chemical weapons being shipped out of Iraq. In his book he gives names dates and technical data about the operations to move Iraq´s chemical weapons to Syria, its long time buddy in these matters.

I dont own the book by former Iraqi general Georges Sada and just got glimpses of it online, but if you butt hurt so bad to take the "anti" route on this with me then buy it yourself and read it. You can be the voice of opposition. So far all the reviews cite it as being factual and concise. Also he would have no need to lie about what he is saying. He is living it up in the US and when he said all these things Syria wasnt even on our minds.

In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."

It details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in advance of the U.S.-led action to eliminate Hussein's WMD threat.

As Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.
There were 56 flights disguised as a relief effort after a 2002 Syrian dam collapse.

Why do you think Russia is so concerned with Syria? They REALLY cant afford to be seen having a hand in what is going on there. No one wants to have the evidence of chemical weapons and other VERY SANCTIONED weapons being found with their "finger prints" all over it.It woudl be enough to change the dynamic of who gets blamed. Russia could take the fall for EVERY ONES involvement selling arms over several decades.

There were also truck convoys into Syria. Sada's comments came more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

Both Israeli and U.S. intelligence observed large truck convoys leaving Iraq and entering Syria in the weeks and months before Operation Iraqi Freedom, John Shaw, former deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, told a private conference of former weapons inspectors and intelligence experts held in Arlington, Va., in 2006.

According to Shaw, ex-Russian intelligence chief Yevgeni Primakov, a KGB general with long-standing ties to Saddam, went to Iraq in December 2002 and stayed until just before the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003.
Anticipating the invasion, his job was to supervise the removal of such weapons and erase as much evidence of Russian involvement as possible.

news.investors.com...
and more about the movement of Iraqs chemical weapons.

“‘There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands,’ Mr. Sada said. ‘I am confident they were taken over.’”

“Mr. Sada’s comments come just more than a month after Israel’s top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam ‘transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria.’

“Democrats have made the absence of stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq a theme in their criticism of the Bush administration’s decision to go to war in 2003...

“The discovery of the weapons in Syria could alter the American political debate on the Iraq war. And even the accusations that they are there could step up international pressure on the government in Damascus. That government, led by Bashar Assad, is already facing a UN investigation over its alleged role in the assassination of a former prime minister of Lebanon. The Bush administration has criticized Syria for its support of terrorism and its failure to cooperate with the UN investigation.”

But is the burn on bush so great a prize that some people will ignore facts and the larger picture?
I think so. People are petty and devious. Especially politically minded people…

If – and many of us believe when – the Assad regime decides to use these bio-chemical weapons; these WMD, against the rebels, and if the spent shells are found to possess Iraqi markings of manufacture, anti-war Democrats and Progressives here in the United States will have been complicit in what is tantamount to genocide, and all in pursuit of political gain; all so they could arrogantly chant “Bush lied and people died.”

www.breitbart.com...

and there is more….but seeing as how long this post is, I will leave it at that. You asked for proof that Iraqs chemical weapons went to Syria and I gave you it. Iraqs top generals and a slew of personnel admit to it.

You said the chemical weapons couldn’t exist in Iraq, yet everyone from the CIA to the UN knew they had to have them, and I showed you why , how and when with context and details. The "how" with evidence...as you asked.

WHAT….?!

edit on 31-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If Syria has chems...so what? If Iran has nukes...so what? Russia had thousands of them pointed right at us during the cold war and we survived it.

This Blitzkrieg across the Mid-East is about nothing more than money and power...neither of which any of us will ever see. We live in an Oligarchy / Totalitarian Police State run by the Corporate Military Complex and the Federal Reserve Bank.

Obama is just an actor, picked by these puppet masters to put half of you back to sleep and the other half screaming at his socialist programs.

This crap in Syria is going to get out of hand. I wasn't scared during the Cold War. Now I am. The blowback from this will be way worse than anything we've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Here is the dirty secret about all chemical weapons...they break down over time. The chemicals themselves should be quite inert (or at least enough to where they are too unstable to rely upon) by now. But the delivery systems (SCUD missiles for example) should still be quite functional. 10 years is a long time when the chemicals themselves were not made under perfect conditions nor stored in perfect conditions while in Iraq and then transported around Iraq and eventually into Syria 10 years ago.

During Obama's words on the matter tonight, it was said the delivery system was by missile. Syria is known to have Bastion-P which is a Russian variant first placed in Syrian service in 2010. Effective range of radar guidance is 50km which makes it a limited threat to neighboring countries. Records of Russian sales puts the number well below 100 total.

Iraq had a large supply of Scud-B's along with their own developed variations. Scud-B's have a range of 300km unmodified. Which does make them a threat to neighboring countries and ship in the Med.

Now what makes Syria a gravely serious threat on delivering any type of payload chemical or conventional? A small number of 50km ranged missiles or the very strong possibility of a number of 300km range missiles? Consider also that the Bush Administration never openly discussed those convoys and the Iraq weapons defector that had a "story" was about the yellowcake purchases.

Syria's deepest threat is causing instability in the region if all they had was very short range missiles that can't even hit much farther than the coastline unless right at the coast with missiles that only go 31 miles guided maximum.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

This post is factually wrong.

"Syria was able to develop and deploy military grade Chemical Weapons without our knowledge"?

It is a well known fact that it was us, the US, who supplied Syria with it's chemical weapons long ago.
It is completely erroneous to state that Syria developed these weapons.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think I will post this right here:

articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I feel bad for that portion of America that saw Obama as the "Second Coming". I am not an Obama hater, but I think even he would have to admit that just hasn't lived up to the hype.

He may be different etc., but he is an indecisive waffler who has no business in the Big Chair. It says A LOT about the the Republicans that they are so scattered themselves that they could not find a decent challenger in 2012. Given some leadership and I think the Obama experience would have ended.

Civil unrest in countries like Mali that had a definite Good-guy/Bad-Guy situation garnered no support from America, yet in Syria, a country with ONLY Bad-guys to choose from has him hand-wringing and waffling.

Syrian citizens are stuck between Assad and Al-Qeade and waiting to get the #e bombed out of them by the US. I feel for the regular, everyday citizen in Damascus trying to do the best he can for his family, trying to steer clear of the Islamic extremists and staying off of the Assad regime's radar.

Dropping a bomb in his kitchen isn't going to improve his situation. And trading Assad for Islamic Theocracy SURE won't help either.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join