It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Thank You To Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Yes they are...at this point most of the good stuff is already out of the factories and secured somewhere for the attack. They have had days to get it done, so it would stand to reason most if not all the forces surrounding those areas have also retreated.

It will be a lot of thunder and light for empty buildings.
Reuters
edit on 30-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

No doubt they all need to go.

And I am not suprised you brought up John McCain. Hes a War Hawk and a RINO.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

John Kerry deserves to be thrown under the bus. That man is an absolute lunatic of the first degree and one I have grown to dislike quite a bit. I also dislike john mccain who somehow finds the nerve to go to turkey and help sunni fundamentalists get in power. That is what the muslim brotherhood are. They are terrorists and deserve no respect and no help with my damm tax dollars. I want my tax dollars to stay in america for a change.

Assad is treating the MB just like mubbarak treated them in egypt.

There is no such thing as democracy in the middle east and the sooner people accept this the better it will be for everyone. There are only three choices a)monarchy b)military c)religious. I choose b and it should be obvious why.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Does this not sound exactly like what happened in IRaq?

dIDNT THEY DO THE SAME THING? mOVE THEIR MISSLES OUT OF THE COUNTRY before we came in?

Maybe thats why the president is not "Putting boots on the ground"...cause they probably wont find anything.

Edit- Whats the point of lobbing missles over there besides reasons of "feel good". That wont stop anything.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It happens when you don't trust your intelligence services as much as you should. I imagine that those who would attack Syria know this as well but whether or not they change targets is another matter.

Whats the point of lobbing missles over there besides reasons of "feel good". That wont stop anything.

Destroying chemical weapons factories. Remember, i said they took all the weapons and personnel but the facilities are still there. Whoever gets control no longer matters in this regard, places like that cannot be allowed to fall into Al-Qaeda's hands and Syria has obviously lost real control of them, or at least those military leaders in charge of them.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I really dont think that this is about Syria AT ALL.

The Govt knows that an air strike wont do a damn thing EXCEPT getting other nations like IRAN to start their own retaliation war against Israel. Maybe that is what they want. Isnt IRAN the main target in the ME anyways?

I really think we are using Syria as an excuse to get into a war with the big dogs.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If it is ever found out that the rebels where given chemical weapons, just like they were given arms, and that the MB used them, would nato target the MB or is it a forgone conclusion that only assad would use them.

Its ironic and tragic that team obama(lead by kerry) had it all figured out BEFORE the un inspection team even set foot in that country and kerry was addressing the nation threatning imminent strikes against this invisible threat.

Sure chemical weapons were used, even the un admits this much, but i feel 90% confident it was MB led forces because they were outmatched by the military and had to resort to desperate measures for survival. Someone who has tanks, helicopters, artillery has no need for chemical weapons, whereas someone with rpg and rifles does.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Which is why Syria should really concern you, the only reason we would get into a war with the "big dogs" is if we discovered or were forced to reveal evidence that the two major nations backing non intervention into Syria were also one of the nations that were supplying them with the means and materials to continue their CW and BCW research efforts.

We THINK we know what Syria has, but they have the capability to have much more.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I can accept that- what i cannot accept is the fact that the President thinks that he can unilaterally get involved in a situation that can cause a major conflict with other nations that can and probably will result in
a bigger war- and not feel the need to get the approval from Congress to do so. Obama is acting like a king instead of a president. Im not as worried about what Syria does- Im more worried about what we are going to do. As of now- this is about ONE nation-Syria.....If we keep throwing our muscle around- it will end up engulfing the ME. Look at all of the nations in the ME getting "prepared" for something much bigger.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Except, and this is the important part, that Assad's brother runs the chemical weapons unit and has already been implicated through the intelligence reports that they have released over the past few days. Maher Assad is not a well man, do some research on him and prove to me he is the kind and gentlest of souls and maybe i will believe that the "rebels" are solely responsible.

I am aware that there are many questionable elements to the "rebel" side of the equation, this would include any possibility of chemical attack, both sides are in many ways equally culpable. But if you want to talk about crazy enemy states?

These guys are the real deal. Other countries and even terrorists groups like to play with fire but these guys make it.

I can guarantee that Syria has spent more time and money thinking of ways to kill you and lots of other people then the terrorists have. You have to admire that in the modern world there can actually be semi-super villain nations like Syria around.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Except, and this is the important part, that Assad's brother runs the chemical weapons unit and has already been implicated through the intelligence reports that they have released over the past few days. Maher Assad is not a well man, do some research on him and prove to me he is the kind and gentlest of souls and maybe i will believe that the "rebels" are solely responsible.

I am aware that there are many questionable elements to the "rebel" side of the equation, this would include any possibility of chemical attack, both sides are in many ways equally culpable. But if you want to talk about crazy enemy states?

These guys are the real deal. Other countries and even terrorists groups like to play with fire but these guys make it.

I can guarantee that Syria has spent more time and money thinking of ways to kill you and lots of other people then the terrorists have. You have to admire that in the modern world there can actually be semi-super villain nations like Syria around.

There are no good guys in the middle east. Do you see how israel over-reacts to some home made rockets of hamas? They drop phosphorus bombs inside residential areas with little concern about collateral damage. Hamas is also brutal.

During the iraq-iran war the iranian military used children as shields to walk over the minefields of iraq. Iraq would launch gas attacks against the kurds.

Hitler was brutal. Stalin was brutal.

Chemical weapons are no different than any other weapon including nukes. Do you think if the shtf that russia, china, usa, uk, france, israel will not launch nukes at each other? Are you naive or just over-sensitive?

In war you go all out or stay home!!! You use any weapon you have and need to use otherwise you are a fool. Assad does not need to use chemical weapons regardless if and how many stockpiles that government has.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And are you aware that america has been using depleted uranium artillery shells in yugoslavia, iraq and afghanistan? Depleted uranium is nothing to laugh about in terms of long term health effects.

Russia, china, usa have biological weapons that god-forbid ever get used could wipe out billions of people. Biological weapons are just like nuclear icbms.

Everyone goes all out or stays home. Its just the way it is. Obviously if you can control the situation with conventional weapons then you do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yes there are no good guys in the Middle East, and when they really want some scary ass kill a whole village in the worst way possible weapons they go to Syria. Know why? Because they are chemical weapon experts.

And yea, Israel always gets twitchy when it has home made rockets pointed at it. Except now it has real scud missiles aimed at by a country thats also well known for being chemical weapons experts.

Nuclear weapons aren't nearly as scary as the stuff that chemical weapons experts have brewed up in the past and will continue to brew up in the future.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The Sabo anti-tank round is a needle like projectile that does a through and through shot through tank armor at such a velocity that the crew is blown out the exit hole. It is made of depleted uranium and was used quite a bit during the Gulf War. So DU rounds are nothing new. The US has done far worse than DU rounds in the Reagan Era.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Yes there are no good guys in the Middle East, and when they really want some scary ass kill a whole village in the worst way possible weapons they go to Syria. Know why? Because they are chemical weapon experts.

And yea, Israel always gets twitchy when it has home made rockets pointed at it. Except now it has real scud missiles aimed at by a country thats also well known for being chemical weapons experts.

Nuclear weapons aren't nearly as scary as the stuff that chemical weapons experts have brewed up in the past and will continue to brew up in the future.

So basically you are saying any weapon can be used as long as my side is using them.

Why make a hypocritical exception for chemical weapons? And chemical weapons are worst than nuclear weapons? Nope, never!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Off topic:
Love your new Obama avi...

On topic:
TPTB will never accept responsibility.
All this is to them is a gigantic game of chess. Every thing is strategically planned, years of choreographing their moves for the outcome of their choice or need. [agenda]

The question is, what happens when they get to 'stalemate'??
Bet it won't be a pretty picture for all of us regular folks around the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Because every advance in weaponry has a correlating advance in the marketplace or the military. The secrets that could be pulled out of Syria's advances in no mans land could be rather valuable to any country that hasn't full access to it before [US/EU/Etc], countries who have likely seen the whole 'sales pitch' as it were and anyone who might want to keep a few loose ends buried in Syria's rubble [ie: everyone]. Now with the growing demand for weaponized drugs as non lethal deterrents for protestor's and terrorists and Syria's fondness for experimentation with pharmaceuticals and missile systems i am just wondering what Syria has made up, if anything, and how any advances they have made will be applied to which ever country gets the tightest control over the region.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Because every advance in weaponry has a correlating advance in the marketplace or the military. The secrets that could be pulled out of Syria's advances in no mans land could be rather valuable to any country that hasn't full access to it before [US/EU/Etc], countries who have likely seen the whole 'sales pitch' as it were and anyone who might want to keep a few loose ends buried in Syria's rubble [ie: everyone]. Now with the growing demand for weaponized drugs as non lethal deterrents for protestor's and terrorists and Syria's fondness for experimentation with pharmaceuticals and missile systems i am just wondering what Syria has made up, if anything, and how any advances they have made will be applied to which ever country gets the tightest control over the region.

I am not sure I comprehend your post but I fear biological and nuclear technology MORE than chemical weapons. Chemical weapons are outdated and rather easy to guard against with a simple gas mask.

How does one guard against nukes raining down the sky, which the radiation lasts much longer than a chemical attack, or even worst a biological attack that spreads like wildfire throughout the globe?

USA, Russia, China, UK, France are much more of a threat than syria or iran can ever be. Not only because they have better weapon materials, but more importantly they have the long range delivery methods.
edit on 30/8/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You forgot zombies.
Everyone always forgets the zombies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join